“Exactly what you are looking for...!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 44 Activities in Nosara
Type: Horseback Riding Stables, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Personalized Horseback riding tours through the jungle and beaches of Nosara. Our horses are beautiful and trained for all experience levels. Every tour is customized to match the riders whether it is a short jungle kids adventure, or half-day waterfall treck or a sunset beach ride we make sure every rider leaves with an experience they will remember for a lifetime.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Exactly what you are looking for...!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

If you have ever seen those pictures of people riding horses on the beach with beautiful water, then this is exactly the experience you are looking for.

The owners are delightful. "Nano" and his American wife Carrie are absolutely wonderful and great with adults and kids alike. The horses are gentle but also fun for experienced riders if you want to run them. Scenery is spectacular and you get both beach and jungle views in the ride we did.

Our family absolutely loved it and if we went back, we would sure to make Playa Ponies one of the "must do's" of the trip.

Visited March 2014

Atlanta, Georgia
23 attraction reviews
“Whoa!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

These horses seem well cared for and well trained. I enjoyed the spectacular scenery and thought the price was fair ($50 per person for three people). I would like to have learned something about the area and especially would have appreciated riding tips to canter or gallop, but I don't speak Spanish and our friendly guide didn't speak English. In hindsight, I should have asked if an English-speaking guide was available. But a quiet ride is no less beautiful.

Visited March 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Best way to see Guinoes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Absolutely loved my tour with Playa Ponies..trotted along the beach, through the jungle and up the hills. Great guide, great horses. A must-do in Nosara.

Visited May 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Good For All Ages”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

While we did not see any wildlife besides the abundant vulchures, Nano was great at pointing out the beauty of the area. Carrie arranged to have transportation to and from the stables.

Visited February 2014
22 attraction reviews
“Value Added Business in Nosara”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Eder and Carrie have a great family business in Playa Ponies. I'd always wanted to ride a horse along the surf at sunset, and Eder made it happen. Having read all the reviews on this site, I was excited at the prospect of getting to canter or gallop along the beach. Eder was wonderful about facilitating, even though my boyfriend's horse couldn't (as a result of being too excitable (he was on the white horse that I just noticed another reviewer mentioned)) - he let my boyfriend dismount and wait for Eder and me to canter up and back part of Playa Guiones. I would have loved it if we could have all cantered along the beach together, but I was so grateful to Eder for working with the situation at hand.

Visited February 2014