“Yoga Spa-Tastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Costa Rica Yoga Spa

You added Costa Rica Yoga Spa to your Saves list
Costa Rica Yoga Spa
3.0 of 5 Spa   |   300 meters south of the Rio Montana, Nosara 05233, Costa Rica   |
Special Offer
5th Night Free!
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Nosara
GreenLeadersGold level
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Yoga Spa-Tastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Sorry this is a bit late. I have a lot going on here in North Carolina. I wanted to say what a great time I had on my recent visit to Costa Rica Yoga Spa from 4/28/13 to 5/11/13. The Yoga Spa is such a beautiful place. It was a peaceful and life changing experience. The staff was so nice and helpful—especially in translating my southern country lingo into Spanish. The excursions I went on were wonderful—especially the waterfall hike with Marvin and the Magical Mystery Tour to San Juanillo with Erik! In addition, I loved my daily morning and afternoon trips to watch Erik and Tony surf. I really enjoyed just walking the beach and meeting new people. The yoga was great and the yoga instructors were extremely attentive and helpful. Plus, the massage with Lisa and acupuncture session with Javier were awesome—just what this 68-year old body needed! Oh, I almost forgot about the incredible food! I loved the fresh coconut water every morning along with all those wonderful fresh fruits. Even when I was full, I didn’t let that stop me from going back for more! Everything was great! I am looking forward to a return trip soon. Hi to all the friends I made and all the cooks and cleaning and ground crew.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
San Salvador, El Salvador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Dear All,
While I have not been to the Costa Rica Yoga Spa, I can speak to their kindness and generosity. They made it possible for me to do very needed peace and volunteer work in El Salvador recently. This place is not only about the beach and a lovely place: you can be certain that they also have open, amazing, graceful hearts here. I believe, deeply, that if you have been guided to the Costa Rica Yoga Spa, you will not be let down. They are on the path!
Many blessings on your travels.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

As a Yoga teacher and Retreat Leader, the location of our retreats simply must be unique and beautiful. Even more important to me though is the overall feeling and flow of the staff and the facility, so that each person in my group and I will feel supported and completely taken care of for the entire duration of our stay.The CRYS went way above and beyond in every way! Everyone and everything at CRYS helped make our week retreat deeply peaceful and rejuvenating and a powerful week of yoga in paradise for us all. It truly WAS magical! Noone will ever forget it. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I truly can't say enough about the Costa Rica Yoga Spa and the whole CRYS family! I spent a whole 5 days basking in all the incredible amenities of the yoga spa... from the peaceful yoga sessions each morning w/ Bethany & Lisa, to the adventurous Magical Mystery Tour to the waterfall w/ Marvin, to massages w/ Bethany & Lisa, to afternoon hot yoga sessions w/ Marck, to Salsa dancing class with w/ Willy, to surfing trips to Guillones, to kayaking the Nosara River, to both healthy and delicious meals by Xinia and Nieves, and last but surely not least, the most gracious hosting by WaiWai, Kristin, Daren & Ashley! Everyone worked seamlessly to make all the guests feel at home and truly a part of the CRYS family. Please, treat yourself to a week of serenity and fun with the CRYS crew!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I ended up of some last minute vacation time and read the incredible reviews on this special place. It lived up to it all and then some. It's beautiful, the staff is incredible, the food is fantastic, the trips to the beach and day trips are challenging and fun and practicing yoga in this environment is unbelievable! I traveled by myself and booked a shared room. I met inspiring people and left feeling lucky to have found this place. If you like room service and can't deal with a bug or two, then this place is not for you. If you want to take some real time for yourself with fantastic people go!

• Stayed February 2013
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

i have now been to the costa rica yoga spa twice in the last 18 months. the facility sits high over the mountains overlooking the ocean. it allows an intense yoga training experience or simply a relaxing time meditating, surfing and generally allowing a brake from the fast paced world. the staff is incredible, providing outstanding service in a comfortable and casual manner. the food healthful and organic. vegetarian fare is the staple but allowances can be made for most desires. there is no better place to unwind regardless of age or activity level desired. relatively small and cozy. wonderful people in a wonderful environment. the peace present is palpable.

Room Tip: you can choose a suite or smaller rooms. they are all nice. when i came with my family whcih include...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been meaning to write this review since I visited CRYS with my best friend in February. I'm not even sure where to begin, this place will change you. It is truly good for your soul. The property is breath taking, the food is AMAZING, the yoga will make u forget you ever had a care in the world....but the people....the people at CRYS and Nosara are just amazing. So amazing in fact, that I am going back for 3 weeks to get my Yoga Teacher Training Certification. I can't wait!!!

I am SOOOO happy I didn't take a "typical" vacation at a resort, with all inclusive amenities, surrounded by a ton of tourists. Half the fun of Nosara is just getting there, u truly feel like you are in Costa Rica. The beaches are breath taking, seriously I've never seen such a breath taking sunset in my life, the suites are HUGE, immaculate and worth the extra money. I got up at 5am every morning to make coffee and sit on our balcony and watch the sky lighten and listen to the howler monkeys awaken (which u can see right off your balcony, they loved the papaya tree that was right in front of us).

If you are debating between CRYS and somewhere else, let me make it easy for you....THIS PLACE IS HEAVEN ON EARTH, NOTHING CAN COMPARE.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
abwNosara, Manager at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Kalene, we are honored to have been able to give you this life changing experience. It was such a pleasure to have you here and to get to know you girls. We are thrilled to have you back for the Teacher Training in July. Let the journey continue!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nosara
The Bodhi Tree Yoga Resort
Giardino Tropicale
Giardino Tropicale
#5 of 21 in Nosara
4.5 of 5 stars 182 reviews

Been to Costa Rica Yoga Spa? Share your experiences!