“Magical Yoga Retreat” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Costa Rica Yoga Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nosara
Costa Rica Yoga Spa
300 meters south of the Rio Montana, Nosara 05233, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 18 hotels in Nosara
Bend, Oregon
“Magical Yoga Retreat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

As a Yoga teacher and Retreat Leader, the location of our retreats simply must be unique and beautiful. Even more important to me though is the overall feeling and flow of the staff and the facility, so that each person in my group and I will feel supported and completely taken care of for the entire duration of our stay.The CRYS went way above and beyond in every way! Everyone and everything at CRYS helped make our week retreat deeply peaceful and rejuvenating and a powerful week of yoga in paradise for us all. It truly WAS magical! Noone will ever forget it. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I truly can't say enough about the Costa Rica Yoga Spa and the whole CRYS family! I spent a whole 5 days basking in all the incredible amenities of the yoga spa... from the peaceful yoga sessions each morning w/ Bethany & Lisa, to the adventurous Magical Mystery Tour to the waterfall w/ Marvin, to massages w/ Bethany & Lisa, to afternoon hot yoga sessions w/ Marck, to Salsa dancing class with w/ Willy, to surfing trips to Guillones, to kayaking the Nosara River, to both healthy and delicious meals by Xinia and Nieves, and last but surely not least, the most gracious hosting by WaiWai, Kristin, Daren & Ashley! Everyone worked seamlessly to make all the guests feel at home and truly a part of the CRYS family. Please, treat yourself to a week of serenity and fun with the CRYS crew!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I ended up of some last minute vacation time and read the incredible reviews on this special place. It lived up to it all and then some. It's beautiful, the staff is incredible, the food is fantastic, the trips to the beach and day trips are challenging and fun and practicing yoga in this environment is unbelievable! I traveled by myself and booked a shared room. I met inspiring people and left feeling lucky to have found this place. If you like room service and can't deal with a bug or two, then this place is not for you. If you want to take some real time for yourself with fantastic people go!

• Stayed February 2013
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

i have now been to the costa rica yoga spa twice in the last 18 months. the facility sits high over the mountains overlooking the ocean. it allows an intense yoga training experience or simply a relaxing time meditating, surfing and generally allowing a brake from the fast paced world. the staff is incredible, providing outstanding service in a comfortable and casual manner. the food healthful and organic. vegetarian fare is the staple but allowances can be made for most desires. there is no better place to unwind regardless of age or activity level desired. relatively small and cozy. wonderful people in a wonderful environment. the peace present is palpable.

Room Tip: you can choose a suite or smaller rooms. they are all nice. when i came with my family whcih include...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been meaning to write this review since I visited CRYS with my best friend in February. I'm not even sure where to begin, this place will change you. It is truly good for your soul. The property is breath taking, the food is AMAZING, the yoga will make u forget you ever had a care in the world....but the people....the people at CRYS and Nosara are just amazing. So amazing in fact, that I am going back for 3 weeks to get my Yoga Teacher Training Certification. I can't wait!!!

I am SOOOO happy I didn't take a "typical" vacation at a resort, with all inclusive amenities, surrounded by a ton of tourists. Half the fun of Nosara is just getting there, u truly feel like you are in Costa Rica. The beaches are breath taking, seriously I've never seen such a breath taking sunset in my life, the suites are HUGE, immaculate and worth the extra money. I got up at 5am every morning to make coffee and sit on our balcony and watch the sky lighten and listen to the howler monkeys awaken (which u can see right off your balcony, they loved the papaya tree that was right in front of us).

If you are debating between CRYS and somewhere else, let me make it easy for you....THIS PLACE IS HEAVEN ON EARTH, NOTHING CAN COMPARE.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
abwNosara, Manager at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Kalene, we are honored to have been able to give you this life changing experience. It was such a pleasure to have you here and to get to know you girls. We are thrilled to have you back for the Teacher Training in July. Let the journey continue!
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Love love love this place!

I came to this place by word of mouth during my month long trip around Costa Rica. The whole country is fabulous but this place made me feel the Pura Vida unlike any other. The staff make you feel welcome, attended to and at home from the first moment you arrive (I was greeted by smiling faces and a delicious fruit smoothie). The activity list is full of options to keep you as busy or free as you want to be, and everything is well-organized and caters to fit your every fancy. No stress over how you're going to plan your trip here, the staff has it covered. Plus you can always drop in on a yoga class in the nicest open air studio I have ever seen, or get a massage or acupuncture, or find yourself engaged in a philosophical discussion with everyone at dinner (although I spent a few meals keeping to myself overlooking the scenery).

The place is nestled way up high on a hillside overlooking the Pacific, which affords a huge difference in the air quality (light cool breezes keep it free from the dustiness of the road below)... and WOW the view... I don't think I have ever seen anything comparable to the view!! You've got to see it to believe it. You've got to be there to experience it.

Oh, and the food... fresh, local, prepared with love... I have pretty strict dietary needs (vegan, no gluten and some food allergies) and I was very pleased with the dishes prepared.

Room Tip: The suites upstairs are worth the extra money for privacy, space and the wooden balconies overlookin...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I just came back from an incredible 7 days at the Costa Rica Yoga Spa. The facility is breathtaking, the staff welcomes you like family, the food is healthy and delicious, and there is no better place on earth to do yoga-the view alone is meditative. I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to experience the beautiful Costa Rica life and I am thrilled to have discovered this gem-it is not to be missed!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
And we LOVED having you here! We hope you will be back again very soon.

-the CRYS team

Been to Costa Rica Yoga Spa? Share your experiences!