“Great Outfit!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 44 Activities in Nosara
Type: Sports Camps/ Clinics, Gear rentals
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a full service surf shop that offers surf lessons, rental boards, adventure tours, new and used boards for sale, surf accessories, awesome beach clothes, and gift shop. We have been teaching people to surf in Nosara for more than 10 years. Our Costa Rican surf instructors are ISA certified surf coaches and are excited to teach you to surf in a safe and fun way. We offer private, group, kids, and multipole lesson packages. You can see all the positive reviews from our customers.We also have the biggest supply of quality rental boards to suit every type of surfer. Our beach location is the closest to the sand in town giving you a short walk to the waves with your board. You can also leave your board with us during your stay saving you the hassle of lugging them around town.Our number one goal is to help you have the best surf vacation in Costa Rica. We are your one stop for everything you need and want to do in town. Let us save you the hassle of planning and coordinating. It's our pleasure. Thanks for visiting our Trip Advisor Review page. We hope to see you down for a visit. Pura Vida!!
Mill Valley, California
17 attraction reviews
“Great Outfit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Just took surf lessons with Coconut Harry's and had a great time. Owners Marq and Steve are terrific and low key. The 5 lesson package was perfect for this beginner and my 7 year old son. They gave us a great deal on both the two 5 package lessons and renting surfboards to practice on the days we didn't have lessons. Their pricing seems to be in line with most other outfits and they are a one minute walk through the reserve to the beach. Jose, our instructor, was really fantastic, easy to work with and very helpful in getting us up on our boards with solid knowledge at the levels we were at. I wanted to work into bigger water and my son preferred to work on his skills in the smaller waves. We plan to see our favorite surf guys again next summer!

Doha
“Well organised package holiday and surf lessons”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Booked a package deal with Steve at Coconut Harrys and everything went very smoothly from the airport pick-up to the accommodation and surf lessons. I had daily lessons and was given a clear schedule when I arrived, which was based on when it was low tide to better suit a beginner. Made it easy to plan the rest of the week. Props to my instructor Marilyn who was very patient and encouraging. My group lessons always had only three people or less and sometimes I was lucky enough to have a one-on-one session. I'd recommend one-to-one lessons because people progress and pick up the skills at different rates so its better to have a dedicated teacher to help you improve individually.

Visited July 2013
CocoSteve, Owner at Coconut Harrys Surf Shop and Surf School, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thanks Alice for the nice review and for choosing us for your surf vacation!! I´m glad you enjoyed your trip and hope to see you back here for some more surfing. Marilyn enjoyed teaching you and watching you progress. Next time we´ll set you up with private lessons to catch even more waves. Thanks and Pura Vida!!
Montreal, Canada
“Great Mother and Daughter Surf Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We booked a surf package with Coconot Harry in May and were in Nosara for a week in July. The experience was great. Steve, the owner, delivered on everything he promised and ensured that we enjoyed our stay. The team at the beach location was great and helped us organized other activities around town. Our instructor, Nelson was super cool and good with kids and adults. Both my daughter, 10 years old, and I (a bit older) were up on the waves at her first lesson and enjoyed every minute out in the water. Nosara is great for a family vacation and Coconut Harry offers a very cool surf experience. We hope to come back! Thank you Steve, Nelson, Mark and Jordan. This was 1000 times more fun than a all-inclusive package. Pour mes amis du Quebec: un voyage vraiment, vraiment génial!

Visited July 2013
Thanks Diane for the great review and for choosing us for your surf vacation in Costa Rica. It was great teaching you and your daughter to surf. I´m glad you both had a great time here and look forward to seeing you back for some more surfing. Merci and Pura Vida!!
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
“Great family surf lesson!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We had the best time surfing with Coconut Harry! It was our first time surfing, and the instructors were great, I got up on my first time! After our lesson, we rented the surfboards for an extra hour. Sadly, it started storming at the end, so we had to go in early. This was such a great experience, and definitely recommend it!

Visited August 2012
troy ny
“Thanks Harry and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

spent about 9 days surfing in nosara and they rented me a sweet 8'6" mini tanker, a great board for the conditions, waste to the occasional headish waves. the staff were very layback and yet professional, all put up with me, an ozzy half spanish speaking surfer wanting to practice my spanish so even though they spoke english they spoke to me in spanish which made the experience even more fun. they had locals working for them as well which i liked.

wayne