“Local Surf Shop” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 35 activities in Nosara
Type: Sports Camps/ Clinics
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We are a full service surf shop that offers surf lessons, rental boards, adventure tours, new and used boards for sale, surf accessories, awesome beach clothes, and gift shop. We have been teaching people to surf in Nosara for more than 10 years. Our Costa Rican surf instructors are ISA certified surf coaches and are excited to teach you to surf in a safe and fun way. We offer private, group, kids, and multipole lesson packages. You can see all the positive reviews from our customers.We also have the biggest supply of quality rental boards to suit every type of surfer. Our beach location is the closest to the sand in town giving you a short walk to the waves with your board. You can also leave your board with us during your stay saving you the hassle of lugging them around town.Our number one goal is to help you have the best surf vacation in Costa Rica. We are your one stop for everything you need and want to do in town. Let us save you the hassle of planning and coordinating. It's our pleasure. Thanks for visiting our Trip Advisor Review page. We hope to see you down for a visit. Pura Vida!!
Gulf Breeze
“Local Surf Shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My family and I moved to Playa Guoines 3 months ago. We all surf and are loving the waves here. I borrowed a buddies sup and caught some great waves but broke his leash. Coconut Harrys had a nice selection to choose from and I found exactly what I needed. Hopefully I can continue to ride his sup :) The best was finding a bar of green surf wax for my 7 year old boy. You would have thought Christmas came early when I gave him his new wax. Great local shop!

Visited November 2012

Erie, Pennsylvania
“Back for a 2nd trip to take more lessons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We love working with Mark and the team at Coconut Harry's to take lessons. We first visited Costa Rica with friends in July 2011. With four adults and four children taking surfing lessons ( some for the first time), we were impressed by how well the instructors were matched with our varied skill sets.

We enjoyed the trip so much, we returned with our extended family during the last week in July 2012. And, once again received excellent instruction from the team at Coconut Harry's including great safety briefings, fundamental instruction that started on the beach (for the beginners in our group), and exhilarating chances to catch really fun waves regardless of level.

In addition, check out James, a local beach photographer, from whom you can purchase excellent action photos (on a CD). You may see him on the beach when your taking your lesson. Look for his tripod, large camera lense, and wide-brimmed hat. And, if you're hungry, the Beach Dog is right next door. Pura Vida.

Visited July 2012
CocoSteve, Owner at Coconut Harrys Surf Shop and Surf School, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Catherine,

Thanks for the great review. We are glad you enjoyed your surfing with us. We hope to see you back here again.

Pura Vida!!
London
“Amazing - learn with Cristian!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My best friend and I had lessons every day for a week with Cristian and he is super patient. He accomodates for all level of abilitities and made sure we both got the most of of it. He's really friendly and great fun to spend 2 hours with each morning, we highly recommend him!

Severna Park, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
“Great surf lesson with Christian from Coconut Harry's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I took an intro lesson with Christian during our trip to Nosara. The surf shop is close to the beach and they have a good selection of boards. Lesson was great and the price was very reasonable. Christian had me up on the board in no time.

Boca Nosara, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
“Super nice and very generous!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Coconut Harry's is one of the coolest places to find great gifts to take home to those friends and family members that weren't lucky enough to visit Nosara. The staff and especially the owner Steve went out of their way to help us find what we needed. Very friendly! They had a great deal on t-shirts so I bought several of them. Plus at Coconut Harry's I was able to find stuff that other stores didn't have, for example my size shoe. AND... in the end I was treated to a nice cold draft beer for spending over $20. You can't find this generosity anywhere else. Thanks guys!!!!