“Amazing - learn with Cristian!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 35 activities in Nosara
Type: Sports Camps/ Clinics
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We are a full service surf shop that offers surf lessons, rental boards, adventure tours, new and used boards for sale, surf accessories, awesome beach clothes, and gift shop. We have been teaching people to surf in Nosara for more than 10 years. Our Costa Rican surf instructors are ISA certified surf coaches and are excited to teach you to surf in a safe and fun way. We offer private, group, kids, and multipole lesson packages. You can see all the positive reviews from our customers.We also have the biggest supply of quality rental boards to suit every type of surfer. Our beach location is the closest to the sand in town giving you a short walk to the waves with your board. You can also leave your board with us during your stay saving you the hassle of lugging them around town.Our number one goal is to help you have the best surf vacation in Costa Rica. We are your one stop for everything you need and want to do in town. Let us save you the hassle of planning and coordinating. It's our pleasure. Thanks for visiting our Trip Advisor Review page. We hope to see you down for a visit. Pura Vida!!
London
“Amazing - learn with Cristian!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My best friend and I had lessons every day for a week with Cristian and he is super patient. He accomodates for all level of abilitities and made sure we both got the most of of it. He's really friendly and great fun to spend 2 hours with each morning, we highly recommend him!

Severna Park, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
“Great surf lesson with Christian from Coconut Harry's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I took an intro lesson with Christian during our trip to Nosara. The surf shop is close to the beach and they have a good selection of boards. Lesson was great and the price was very reasonable. Christian had me up on the board in no time.

Boca Nosara, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
“Super nice and very generous!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Coconut Harry's is one of the coolest places to find great gifts to take home to those friends and family members that weren't lucky enough to visit Nosara. The staff and especially the owner Steve went out of their way to help us find what we needed. Very friendly! They had a great deal on t-shirts so I bought several of them. Plus at Coconut Harry's I was able to find stuff that other stores didn't have, for example my size shoe. AND... in the end I was treated to a nice cold draft beer for spending over $20. You can't find this generosity anywhere else. Thanks guys!!!!

Boynton Beach, Florida
“They go the extra mile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Just got back from a week in Nosara, which is about 51 weeks too short for anyone who is intending on visiting. The shop was closed for off-season, and the wi-fi and phone were out at the house we rented due to the recent quake. Regardless, Marq (the manager) still managed to find us, open up the shop, and get us our rental boards for the trip. The boards were in great condition. The rental prices were awesome. Bonus: you can get some good pics feeding their macaw upon returning the boards. Excellent experience. Great guys. Amazing place.

Chicago
“Best vacation experience I've had in a looooong time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Steve and the crew at Coconut Harry's are incredible. I was totally overwhelmed trying to figure out where to go for my one week vacation. There are just too many choices and I was about to give up when a friend of mine suggested Nosara. I started digging around and found Coconut Harry's. Steve was amazing and created a totally customized package for me - yoga, surfing, hotel, airport transfers. I didn't have to think at all... and isn't that what vacation is all about. When I arrived, everything was just as I expected. There was a welcome letter waiting for me at the Harbor Reef hotel with my surf schedule for the week and yoga schedules for several studios in the area.

As for the staff at Coconut Harry's - top notch. They are all friendly, relaxed and knowledgeable. Nelson was my surf instructor all week and maybe I'm biased, but I'm pretty sure he's the best there is. :-) I lack in coordination and he had me up on the board surfing like a pro (ok, not a pro but I did get up) after only a couple days. He knows what he's doing and was extremely patient with me. And he helped me knock the rust off my Spanish. Seriously, I could not be more grateful to Steve, Nelson and the rest of the crew at Coconut Harry's. I left Nosara feeling like a new person and I can't wait to get back down there. I'll definitely be contacting them again to help me coordinate... and I suggest you do the same!

Visited August 2012
CocoSteve, Owner at Coconut Harrys Surf Shop and Surf School, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Leigh,

Thanks for the great review. I'm glad you loved your surf vacation. I know Nelson had fun teaching you. Looking forward to seeing you back for some more surfing. Muchas Gracias!!! Coco Steve.