“They go the extra mile” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 35 activities in Nosara
Type: Sports Camps/ Clinics
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We are a full service surf shop that offers surf lessons, rental boards, adventure tours, new and used boards for sale, surf accessories, awesome beach clothes, and gift shop. We have been teaching people to surf in Nosara for more than 10 years. Our Costa Rican surf instructors are ISA certified surf coaches and are excited to teach you to surf in a safe and fun way. We offer private, group, kids, and multipole lesson packages. You can see all the positive reviews from our customers.We also have the biggest supply of quality rental boards to suit every type of surfer. Our beach location is the closest to the sand in town giving you a short walk to the waves with your board. You can also leave your board with us during your stay saving you the hassle of lugging them around town.Our number one goal is to help you have the best surf vacation in Costa Rica. We are your one stop for everything you need and want to do in town. Let us save you the hassle of planning and coordinating. It's our pleasure. Thanks for visiting our Trip Advisor Review page. We hope to see you down for a visit. Pura Vida!!
Boynton Beach, Florida
“They go the extra mile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Just got back from a week in Nosara, which is about 51 weeks too short for anyone who is intending on visiting. The shop was closed for off-season, and the wi-fi and phone were out at the house we rented due to the recent quake. Regardless, Marq (the manager) still managed to find us, open up the shop, and get us our rental boards for the trip. The boards were in great condition. The rental prices were awesome. Bonus: you can get some good pics feeding their macaw upon returning the boards. Excellent experience. Great guys. Amazing place.

Visited September 2012

Chicago
“Best vacation experience I've had in a looooong time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Steve and the crew at Coconut Harry's are incredible. I was totally overwhelmed trying to figure out where to go for my one week vacation. There are just too many choices and I was about to give up when a friend of mine suggested Nosara. I started digging around and found Coconut Harry's. Steve was amazing and created a totally customized package for me - yoga, surfing, hotel, airport transfers. I didn't have to think at all... and isn't that what vacation is all about. When I arrived, everything was just as I expected. There was a welcome letter waiting for me at the Harbor Reef hotel with my surf schedule for the week and yoga schedules for several studios in the area.

As for the staff at Coconut Harry's - top notch. They are all friendly, relaxed and knowledgeable. Nelson was my surf instructor all week and maybe I'm biased, but I'm pretty sure he's the best there is. :-) I lack in coordination and he had me up on the board surfing like a pro (ok, not a pro but I did get up) after only a couple days. He knows what he's doing and was extremely patient with me. And he helped me knock the rust off my Spanish. Seriously, I could not be more grateful to Steve, Nelson and the rest of the crew at Coconut Harry's. I left Nosara feeling like a new person and I can't wait to get back down there. I'll definitely be contacting them again to help me coordinate... and I suggest you do the same!

Visited August 2012
CocoSteve, Owner at Coconut Harrys Surf Shop and Surf School, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Leigh,

Thanks for the great review. I'm glad you loved your surf vacation. I know Nelson had fun teaching you. Looking forward to seeing you back for some more surfing. Muchas Gracias!!! Coco Steve.
San Mateo
14 attraction reviews
“Overpriced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I didn't use the surf school, but I did go into the surf shop looking for some waterproof ear plugs because I had forgotten mine. They wanted $21 U.S. for a pair of Mack's. I went to the farmacia and found the same ear plugs for $6 U.S. Everything appeared to be way overpriced in this surf shop. I wouldn't go here for anything.

Visited May 2012
CocoSteve, Owner at Coconut Harrys Surf Shop and Surf School, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Hola Mark,

After reading your review I researched the ear plugs and you are correct. We did have some priced at $21 and that is way too high. It was a pricing error on our part and I apologize for the mistake. I would be more than happy to refund you the difference. I can send you a check or a paypal transfer if you like. Send me an e-mail through the website and we can make it happen. AS for the the rest of our pricing, I hear from many customers how our prices are in line with what they pay in the states and our souvenirs are much less expensive than airport prices. I hope you give us another try in the future. I'll pour you a free beer from our keg in the shop. Gracias and Pura Vida!!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Surfing lessons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Our grandchildren and children rented equipment and took lessons from the most professional and nicest instructors we've ever met. Wonderful with our younger surfers. Great boards.Convenient location.THANK YOU all for making our vacation such a pleasure.You are the best!

Visited July 2012
Poynette, Wisconsin
“surfing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

our kids rented boards for 2 weeks and also took lessons here. great location and well organized!!! kristen was awesome!!!

Visited June 2012