“Overpriced” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 35 activities in Nosara
Type: Sports Camps/ Clinics
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We are a full service surf shop that offers surf lessons, rental boards, adventure tours, new and used boards for sale, surf accessories, awesome beach clothes, and gift shop. We have been teaching people to surf in Nosara for more than 10 years. Our Costa Rican surf instructors are ISA certified surf coaches and are excited to teach you to surf in a safe and fun way. We offer private, group, kids, and multipole lesson packages. You can see all the positive reviews from our customers.We also have the biggest supply of quality rental boards to suit every type of surfer. Our beach location is the closest to the sand in town giving you a short walk to the waves with your board. You can also leave your board with us during your stay saving you the hassle of lugging them around town.Our number one goal is to help you have the best surf vacation in Costa Rica. We are your one stop for everything you need and want to do in town. Let us save you the hassle of planning and coordinating. It's our pleasure. Thanks for visiting our Trip Advisor Review page. We hope to see you down for a visit. Pura Vida!!
San Mateo
13 attraction reviews
“Overpriced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I didn't use the surf school, but I did go into the surf shop looking for some waterproof ear plugs because I had forgotten mine. They wanted $21 U.S. for a pair of Mack's. I went to the farmacia and found the same ear plugs for $6 U.S. Everything appeared to be way overpriced in this surf shop. I wouldn't go here for anything.

Visited May 2012
CocoSteve, Owner at Coconut Harrys Surf Shop and Surf School, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Hola Mark,

After reading your review I researched the ear plugs and you are correct. We did have some priced at $21 and that is way too high. It was a pricing error on our part and I apologize for the mistake. I would be more than happy to refund you the difference. I can send you a check or a paypal transfer if you like. Send me an e-mail through the website and we can make it happen. AS for the the rest of our pricing, I hear from many customers how our prices are in line with what they pay in the states and our souvenirs are much less expensive than airport prices. I hope you give us another try in the future. I'll pour you a free beer from our keg in the shop. Gracias and Pura Vida!!

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Surfing lessons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Our grandchildren and children rented equipment and took lessons from the most professional and nicest instructors we've ever met. Wonderful with our younger surfers. Great boards.Convenient location.THANK YOU all for making our vacation such a pleasure.You are the best!

Visited July 2012
Poynette, Wisconsin
“surfing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

our kids rented boards for 2 weeks and also took lessons here. great location and well organized!!! kristen was awesome!!!

Visited June 2012
Jaco, Costa Rica
6 attraction reviews
“great place to visit and do business”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Thanks Steve and shop help for a fantastic season , cant tell you of a better place to do lessons or surf business than with you guys ! Great instructors and great boards ! Thanks Steve !

Visited July 2012
chattanooga
3 attraction reviews
“Best surf shop....best people!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Best surf shop in Playa Guiones. These guys are our new neighbors and i can't recommend them enough for service and availability!!!

Visited August 2012