“Pretty basic but beautiful grounds and good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of KayaSol Surf Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nosara
KayaSol Surf Hotel
100 M Norte Hotel Guilded Iguana, Nosara, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #13 of 18 hotels in Nosara
Nashville, Tennessee
“Pretty basic but beautiful grounds and good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

Room: We had one of their "Studio" rooms which is a private room with private bathroom. The room had a futon, fridge, some shelves, and a ceiling fan (no a/c). There were plenty of windows and the room stayed cool enough with the ceiling fan going though it was quite hot out. Not sure if it was because I was tired or what but I slept really well here.

Bathroom: We had hot water in the shower the first day but for some reason not the rest of the time, not sure why. The trash can for toilet paper didn't have a lid, which made the room smell a little.

Staff: Didn't actually see any aside from checking in and out but didn't need them so I guess that's ok.

location: On the less-busy side of Playa Guiones but close to the beach and a convenience store.

Other: Very nice pool, restaurant seemed nice but we didn't really go there except for a quick drink. The many buildings are nicely spread out with appealing vegetation. The Lonely Planet guidebook said that they had wi-fi but there was not any available while we were there.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

106 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Crossville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

Stayed at Kaya Sol most of February and enjoyed it. They could use some more comfortable seating around the pool, but then you might never get a seat. Good people and very short walk to the beach, I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

Friends and I where down surfing in Norsara. We where well taken care of and shown around to best surfing spots the area has. With the bar/food right there made it nice after long morning surfs to come back and have food right there. When you dont want to get in the car the surf is only out front from your room.Great place for surfers!!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

Kaya Sol is THE place to stay while in Nosara!!! The beautiful people who run the place are well paired with the beauty of this little town nestled between the amazing beach and the plush jungle. It's just a short walk through a sick beach path to the killer surf! The vibe is laid back and very chill and you feel like you are in Costa Rica- not some american joint. It's next door to the market and restaurants and happening things. I spent a lot of time in the hammock chilling and met super interesting people- from european families, to solo surf dudes, to students and back packers, to wandering yogis. I can't imagine having stayed anywhere else? I will be back to Kaya Sol!!!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
north beach, nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

Kaya Sol's accomodations are simple, clean, comfortable and affordable. The rooms are equipped with a mini fridge and ceiling fan (no AC). You cannot beat the proximity to the beach. There is a warm sense of community among the people that stay there. The staff are friendly and a great source of information about the area. I arrived late this year after hours, but had called ahead so that I was able to get into my room. I would recommend this for anyone arriving after 8PM or on a Sunday. The food at Rising Sun is very healthy and delicious. I am already planning for next year. Pura Vida

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Banff, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

I'll be returning to Kaya Sol for my third time this june (2011). Both times I've stayed its been soooo good! Its such a mellow friendly laid back place to kick back for a week or a month. the first time through Costa Rica I stayed for a few days. Last time I stayed for a couple weeks. This time we'll be staying for the entire 35 days trip.... Its just got everything I need to just get lost for a while and surf my brains out. The beach break is super consistant and fun for anyone from beginner to the big shot. And the walk from the hotel to the beach is one of my favorite parts. Its maybe 4-5 minutes down a super rad little jungle trail. The restaurant is phenominal and well priced. The pool is so beautiful and picturesque with the little waterfall into it. There's a small grocery store steps away and our room has a great kitchen so we can cook and make it really feel like home. The groundskeeper keeps the place looking absolutely immaculate. he's out there everyday raking and sweeping leaves off the perfect white rock paths. There are three or four surf shops within 10 minutes of walking. the town is tiny and its a really nice place to get away. Not as touristy and crazy as tamarindo or Mal Pais. I dream about coming back every summer. i check the webcam at this beach many time per day every day. You can just spend time around the hotel at the open air restaurant or the pool and just listen to the monkies and birds all around. its absolutely paradise. I would HIGHLY recommend for anyone to set aside a good long chunk of time to stay at Kaya Sol and remember what life is like without all the distractions. I promise you will not regret staying there :)

See ya in June!
Ryan

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at Kaya Sol over the summer, and I must say the environment was, not only beautiful, but very friendly! Everyone was so open to sit down and have a good conversation. The food is exceptional (and very well priced). It is very close to the ocean, which is perfect if you love the water! I would recommend KayaSol to anyone traveling to Costa Rica. You will NOT be disappointed!! =)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to KayaSol Surf Hotel? Share your experiences!