“good time” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 35 activities in Nosara
Type: Sports Camps/ Clinics
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Safari Surf School is the premier surf school and surf camp in Costa Rica. In addition to instilling a passion for surfing, you'll also be immersed in native culture and treated to local style. Being taught to surf by true professionals with a "Pura Vida" attitude is the only way to go! Listed on National Geographic's top outfitters on Earth. Check us out.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
krtangle
5 attraction reviews
“good time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We had a good experience. Some instructors are better than others, but all are friendly and skilled. I would go back and use them again, but I would pass on the meal plan. You end up staying at the hotel many of the nights to eat anyway, and you can tag along with the group if they go out to restaurants and pay separately. Since we bought the meal plan, we didn’t have the option to do our own thing on the nights when we were just eating at the hotel.

Visited April 2012

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Awesome. Already booked a second trip.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

My friend and I signed up for an all-inclusive 1 week surf trip with Safari this past June. You know how you randomly sign up for things on the internet based on trip advisor reviews and hope they work out? This worked out big time!! It was truly awesome. Safari made our hotel reservations for us, made sure we were fed, arranged for airport transportation, and oh yeah, taught us how to surf. We had many different surfing instructors who were all great. I previously went to a surf school on Playa Grande in CR which paled in comparison to these guys. They are very friendly and professional, and will get you up in no time. By the end of the week, both my friend and I were surfing on smaller boards and talking about our next trip back. Class sizes were small- 2 or 3 people per instructor when we were there. We are going back in Jan 2013 for 2 weeks. The owners and instructors really want to make sure you have a great experience and will do whatever they can (within reason) to make your trip great. One of the best experiences of my life.

Visited June 2012
“Despite the Earthquake it was great!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Wonderful instructors!! Very knowledgeable and patient. Despite the earthquake and a few other hiccups my boyfriend and I really enjoyed our selves. My surf instructor was Prado and he was super!!

Visited August 2012
Milford, Connecticut
“AWESOME!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Safari surf school is the perfect place to learn to surf. The soft, sandy bottom makes learning to surf a little less intimidating, and the instructors make you feel right at home. I loved staying at Casa Toucan and surfing with Safari during the day. The Casa Toucan Restaurant/bar is awesome (open air and delicious with fresh daily specials) and the hotel has everything you need in a convenient location. I loved the staff, including wait staff and chefs who were able to accommodate my special requests. I was fortunate to meet owners: Tim and Marci and their family, as well as Tyler, and his wife and children. The entire experience left me feeling like one of the family. I know I'm not alone, as there were a number of repeat guests who were welcomed back as if they were family. What a wonderful place to vacation and learn a sport at the same time!!! Cheers to Safari Surf!!!

Visited August 2012
Mar del Plata, Argentina
“golden time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We have been taking some lessons with the kids and the locals, such a rad experience for us.
Beautiful beach, nice people, fun waves, the perfect relaxation for parents to let the kids enjoy and have a blast one or just an awesome experience for the whole family :)
Dont leave costa rice with out drop in a wave...

Visited June 2012