“Despite the Earthquake it was great!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 35 activities in Nosara
Type: Sports Camps/ Clinics
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Safari Surf School is the premier surf school and surf camp in Costa Rica. In addition to instilling a passion for surfing, you'll also be immersed in native culture and treated to local style. Being taught to surf by true professionals with a "Pura Vida" attitude is the only way to go! Listed on National Geographic's top outfitters on Earth. Check us out.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
“Despite the Earthquake it was great!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Wonderful instructors!! Very knowledgeable and patient. Despite the earthquake and a few other hiccups my boyfriend and I really enjoyed our selves. My surf instructor was Prado and he was super!!

Visited August 2012

Milford, Connecticut
“AWESOME!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Safari surf school is the perfect place to learn to surf. The soft, sandy bottom makes learning to surf a little less intimidating, and the instructors make you feel right at home. I loved staying at Casa Toucan and surfing with Safari during the day. The Casa Toucan Restaurant/bar is awesome (open air and delicious with fresh daily specials) and the hotel has everything you need in a convenient location. I loved the staff, including wait staff and chefs who were able to accommodate my special requests. I was fortunate to meet owners: Tim and Marci and their family, as well as Tyler, and his wife and children. The entire experience left me feeling like one of the family. I know I'm not alone, as there were a number of repeat guests who were welcomed back as if they were family. What a wonderful place to vacation and learn a sport at the same time!!! Cheers to Safari Surf!!!

Visited August 2012
Mar del Plata, Argentina
“golden time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We have been taking some lessons with the kids and the locals, such a rad experience for us.
Beautiful beach, nice people, fun waves, the perfect relaxation for parents to let the kids enjoy and have a blast one or just an awesome experience for the whole family :)
Dont leave costa rice with out drop in a wave...

Visited June 2012
New York City, New York
“the best!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I just wanted to say that is the perfect place to stay and learn surfing!!!! these people are amazing they organize everything you need!!! is perfect to go with friends an family!!!

Thanks for everything and I hope to come back soon!!

I totally recommend it!!

Visited June 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Heaven on earth!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

My husband and I, along with our 2 kids (ages 3 and 7) just spent 3 weeks in Nosara. Casa Tucan was at the heart of what made our time in Costa Rica one of the great highlights of our lives. A few quick (I’ll try to be brief…I could go on and on! ☺) reasons I think it was such fun:

The staff at Casa Tucan is a rather extraordinary crew. I mean all of them…the owners, service staff, management, and surf instructors never failed to amaze us with their attentiveness, kindness, and care for our family. The on-site restaurant became such a family favorite (it quickly became a home away from home for our kids, we think), that we only went out to dinner one other evening the entire three weeks we were in Nosara! ☺ Featuring delightfully delicious foods and a creative menu, Casa Tucan offers daily, fresh-caught, seafood specials, pizza, drinks crafted from locally-produced ingredients, and sooooooooo much more! ☺, all served with love in their open-air restaurant, just a few steps away from the palm-surrounded pool. All of this has created a fun and unique vibe that draws locals and vacationers alike.

The location is spectacular – right in the “sweet spot” in Nosara and Guiones Beach, in terms of proximity to the beach and surfing, to the quaint and lovely restaurants, cafes, and shops on a dirt-paved stretch of “downtown”, to a top-notch massage locale across the street, and to several spectacular yoga centers.

Don’t miss:
1. Surfing! Guiones Beach is an amazing beach break… perfect for all levels from beginner surfers and kids to those who want to go “outside”, for the fun, often powerful wave sets that will be sure to make a life-long surfer smile. Investing in heading out with one of Casa Tucan’s Safari Surf School’s surf instructor’s will make your experience all the better!
2. Cafe Paris for chocolate croissants.
3. Robin’s Café for just about anything! Be sure to try her home-made ice-cream and sorbets served in the best waffle cones ever!
4. Tica Massage (located across the street from Casa Tucan). Never before a “massage person”, their 30-minute “surfer massage” was a highlight of my husband’s.
5. La Luna Restaurant at sunset. Located just 15 minutes from Casa Tucan on a lovely little beach called Playa Pelada, we dined and enjoyed one of our favorite meals ever!

Visited July 2012