“Surf Class” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 44 Activities in Nosara
Type: Sports Camps/ Clinics, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Safari Surf School is the premier surf school and surf camp in Costa Rica. In addition to instilling a passion for surfing, you'll also be immersed in native culture and treated to local style. Being taught to surf by true professionals with a "Pura Vida" attitude is the only way to go! Listed on National Geographic's top outfitters on Earth. Check us out.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Glendale, California
3 attraction reviews
“Surf Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Nico is a great instructor. Had a couple of lessons before this and still learned techniques from him. We pretty much had a private lesson with him.

Visited July 2012

Oceanside, California
“Simply Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I recently visited Nosara for the first time. I had been in Costa Rica before but hadn't had the pleasure to visit this hidden paradise.
Not only is the town of Nosara beautiful we had the luck to stay and share our time there with Safari Surf School. Their location could not be more perfect, a short and wonderful walk to the beach surrounded by lush and refreshing trees.
I was there with a group of professional female surfers who were happily surprised to find a huge beach break with fun and workable waves. Guiones provides training grounds for every type of surfer at all levels.
But I must say that one of the most wonderful aspects about Safari Surf School is the quality of the people that make sure everything works and runs perfectly. From the owner Tim and his family, to instructors like Tinis, their cook John 9whom spoiled us with wonderful dishes every day), Alicia who was always making sure we had everything we needed, it was just an unreal experience, relaxing, exiting and pure bliss.
If you have the pleasure of going ask for karaoke night!

New York, New York, United States
“Perfect location+perfect vibe=great surfing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Surf Safari gave us the best Costa Rica surfing vacation I've ever had (of the six times I've been there). They have great staff and a laid back vibe that provides everything you want and more, without any pressure and they accommodate your budget and needs. They gave us semi-private lessons for very reasonable rates and my two friends, who had never surfed before, were up in their first try: excellent teaching. The staff is very helpful and very laid back and our trip exceeded all our expectations.

Visited July 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Enough cannot be said about SSS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

One of the best vacations I have ever taken!

I had surfing on my bucket list for quite some time and selected Safari Surf School as the place where I wanted to pick-up learning to surf. I could not have been happier with this decision. I stayed for roughly 7 days at Case Tucan - mornings and afternoons were spent with instructors learning to surf and in between surf lessons I just explored Nosara on my own.

The staff at Casa Tucan are BEYOND remarkable and despite me travelling alone, they went out of their way to have long chats about anything and make me feel right at home. The food is some of the best I have tasted anywhere in the world.

Over my stay, I had company of Owen and Rolo as my surf instructors and I truly could not have asked for better instructors. They have pretty different styles, but both very effective and encouraging. They really do anything and everything possible to make sure you learn how to surf.

Many thanks to Marsi Marsh and her family and everyone at SSS for making this trip so unforgettable for me. I'd like to make this an annual trip. Pura vida!

Wyoming
40 attraction reviews
“Great for Kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We took 2 lessons during our stay. Our instructors, Alonso and Nester were great! Everyone enjoyed learning to surf and they make it fun for kids. We would definitely recommend more surf lessons if you are staying in the area.