“Nosara Beach House - March 2013” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nosara Beach House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nosara
Nosara Beach House
APDO122-5233 | Playa Guiones, Nosara, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #8 of 19 hotels in Nosara
Pensacola Beach, Florida, United States
“Nosara Beach House - March 2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My Girl friend and I went to Costa Rica to visit some friends that moved there recently. The local Friend recomended NBH as it is right on the beach (The buffer area puts it like 300Yrds from beach) and right next to the break he perfers to surf. We showed up late Friday night and although there was no one there we found a note with instructions and found your room with no problem. The next day we had a quick tour of the grounds by Leah and we were off to rent a surf board and check out the town. A five minute walk north you find several shopps and restaurants. Five Minutes to the south is the main town area with lots of shopping(Costa Rica "lots of shopping" is different from your USA town).

You have to remember this is not Disney and there are challanges living/visiting in a 3rd world country. The power was shut off most of one day and the water (shortage in dry season) was shut off several afternoons for several hours. There are bugs/ants. I don't think it is any cleanliness problem as our friends living there have them also. Ants in the room daily - some little ones, some biger ones. Didn't bother me as I kind of expected this sort of thing but my GF was kind of freaked (woman for ya!).

We really liked having the small kitchen as we ate about 1/2 our meals at the room. Small fridge, Microwave and cook top served us well. Saved us a couple bucks also.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed at NBH for two weeks in January. It was perfect...very close to the beach, nice rooms, great relaxing pool area. There are only 4 rooms for rent, keeping it quiet and low key. The efficiency rooms had a small kitchen that worked great for us. The owner, Leah, was not only really nice, but gracious and very helpful. We highly recommend it, but want to make sure there will be room for us when we return!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

This was a great place for me to surf (quick walk to the beach) and my wife relax.

Leah was very helpful and friendly. She took my wife shopping while I surfed.

It was one of our best trips we have taken, I am already planning a return trip, possibly next year.

Highly recommend to anyone traveling to Costa Rica.

Rick & Tacey

• Stayed October 2012
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I cannot say enough good things about Nosara Beach House. Leah, Seidy, and all the staff there was amazing. The accomodations were nice and you can't beat the two minute walk to the beach that is clean and not over-run by too many people (and take a beverage to the beach to watch the sunset!). Great places to dine in walking distance. Leah and Seidy really helped us out with recommendations on surf lessons, zip lines, deep sea fishing (we caught over 100 lbs of Mahi Mahi...don't miss out on this!), restaurants, etc. My sister and I took our older parents with us on our 'surf trip' but there was something for everyone...including my parents who are beyond their surfing years. I would suggest you stay at the Nosara Beach House for the best vacation you have had in years at a price that cannot be beat.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sequim, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This place has a killer location and amenities beyond my expectations. We book “alternative” lodging as opposed to staying in hotels since we like a kitchenette and want to pretend we “live” in a location for our stay. The beach is just a short walk away, we surfed, and then when it was too hot jumped in the refreshing pool. Watching the stars at night on the beach was one of the highlights. They cleaned the room way more than any other place we book like this does - which was everyday. Seidy was wonderful, answered any questions and made sure we had everything we needed. Flashlights were provided, and she brought us umbrellas which was a life saver. Leah provided directions and recommendations for places to eat, rent bikes, shop, etc. We cooked in our kitchen a lot and slept soundly at night. We were pre-cautious of course, but we really felt safe here. The grounds were beautiful and we saw a huge igauna, birds and the bright orange and purple crabs.

I want to make a comment about the harsh review prior to mine. It was the last thing written before we left for our vacation - and even though I could tell it was a nitpicking reviewer with a laundry list of complaints, it still made me panic a little. However, when I showed up, none of it was even relevant. In fact, I found Seidy to be very friendly and eager to help. After our time there we found out she is highly regarded in the Nosara community and has been in the business for over 25 years. She also gives spanish/english lessons, which I think is so cool, since I always feel humbled when I travel and people speak english and my spanish is mostly margarita, cerveza, and bano.

The “ugly american” stereotype is perpetuated by people who come to third world countries and besmirch the reputation of the locals, all because they expect a luxury Ritz-Carlton experience but can’t pay Ritz-Carlton prices.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
las vegas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Seidy the manager has no business in the hospitality industry. She has no concept of what guests need or want during a vacation. When we arrived at 3:00 PM there was nonone to greet us. A frined of hers who was one of her guests let us into our unit.
We were never told that Beach House had a surf board for guest so we ended up renting one from a local surf shop for our stay.
The cleaning person did a poor job. She would skip certain tasks and would perform them every other day, such as throwing out the garbage in the kitchen and bathroom and cleaning the bathroom and sweeping the floor. There is a note on all toilets that states do not throw any thing in the toilets including toilet paper. It must be deposited in the waste basket. The toilets clog easily even when no paper is placed in them. They also water down the dish soap and the kitchen was minimally stocked. I had to rewash all the dishes before we used them as they has crusted dried food on them. There is also poor lighting in the main areas and it was hard to see. One safe has a partial bolt holding it to the wall. Not very reassuring. Seidy also had several of her friends as guests and they took over the pool and main area. The pool is pretty but small and not very deep, about 5 feet. The tiles need cleaning since 60 % of the tiles are green with algea.
New management, a different cleaning person and minor repair sare needed.
The Beach House is conveniently located a short walk to the beach.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Kauai, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

This was my fifth trip to Nosara and my first stay at the Nosara Beach House. We were a couple and a 16 year old traveling so we stayed in the two bedroom apartment above reception. The apartment was hot even late at night as it is not configured to catch the ocean breezes and the AC in our room was not functional. Leah was friendly and accommodating, she gave us another room downstairs with working AC and didn't charge extra. The beds were fine but not particularly comfortable, the rooms themselves were clean and the grounds were well maintained. The best thing about NBH has to be the location, it's one of a few hotels with direct beach access via a footpath. The reason I'm only giving NBH 3 stars is because in my opinion it is just average and it is not particularly a good value. But if location is your #1 concern, NBH is a very adequate place to stay.

Room Tip: Upstairs two bedroom apartment is HOT! The downstairs rooms are much more comfortable.