“FABULOUS!!!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“FABULOUS!!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

My wife and I were recently recommended to eat at the Woolpack .when we arrived staff were most helpful and we were taken to our table.The atmosphere was excellent and people friendly.The food was served and presented well and was of the standard that I would have expected in a high quality resturant and was refreshing to find the same in a village inn. Will make an effort to go again soon!!!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

56% Recommend
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“The sign says " freshly cooked food" the food was really a microwave meal!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I cannot believe just how low the standards are in this pub, considering the price of the food! The curries are the same terrible things served in pubs like weather spoons and the like. The vegetables must have been cooked the day before if not longer as they were going off. The service was slow as they didn't have many staff working. I heard a few of the staff moaning about the boss and how he treats them, maybe this is why so little staff were working? I Feel the openers have an ideas of how they want this pub but it just doesn't seem to have worked. The food is simply bad pub grub, if you have a dietary requirement I would defiantly stay well clear as they have no idea was it's in what. My friend asked for a chicken Caesar salad, know some people put anchovies in the mix she asked the waitress to tell the kitchen she couldn't have anchovies as she is highly allergic. Just in case they messed up she asked for her dressing on the side. Just as well as when her meal came you could see the anchovies n the dressing! Very bad experience I will not be returning! And I would suggest you do the same and stay well clear, a good place to eat is the one ball or graze in town is lovely, and around the same price as the whoolpack but the food and the service is 100% better!

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Over priced 'pub grub'”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

The staff were welcoming and friendly but the pub lacks atmostphere. The food was good but over priced for what was essentially 'pub grub'. Service was attentive but a little slow as there did not seem to have many staff who were catering for a full house on a busy pre -christmas saturday

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Great place for family lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We have been back here often as the service and food was fantastic when we first went and it has continued to deliver ever since.
On a summer's day it is great to sit outside and let the kids run round and kick a ball.
The staff are friedly and the service has always been very good.
The food is delicious and reasonably priced.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Upwell, null, United Kingdom
“Very welcoming and friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My lovely Auntie Jo met us there along with my two young children and her two wonderful doggies. My auntie had found out that this particular pub is both children and dog friendly, of which both were important for us. Cannot fault the ambience and kindness of the owners and couldn't do enough to help us with making the children (and dogs) as comfortable as could be (and me and my auntie of course!). The menus catered for both children and adults, and the food was wonderful and very satisfying. Brilliant service, and tasty food!

• Visited November 2013