“Aah, these Germans” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in San Juan
Munich, Germany
“Aah, these Germans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Have to fully agree with the previous reviews. Went to this place on a stopover between driving from Pagudpud back to Manila (pretty much in the middle, approx 5 1/2 hours drive in both directions). While not very well signposted (my only complaint), everything else is very good. The room was neat and tidy, clean and as "Stilltravelling63" already mentioned, everything worked (not the case in some of the more expensive places I stayed during my trip)! Had dinner at the German bistro and was very happy with the food as well. The complex has a little beach at the back as well as a small pool at the front. Would definitly recommend, not just for a stopover.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed at Final Option for three weeks in July 2012.Staff pleasant and helpful. Always greeting and smiling. Very good security. Accommodations clean, neat and met my Western standards. Stayed in the Deluxe (upper level) and Standard room (ground level). Final offers German and Filipino foods. Menu offered good German and Filipino food. Good selection of German beers and cocktails. Prices are competitive with restaurants in town. Entertainment - singer - in the evening to 10pm. AC cool enough although not silent but the noise level was acceptable. Swimming pool is good for families but not the lap swimming type. Ambiance is cute and well kept gardens. Resort is on the beach and easy access to the ocean front. 4 "Nipa" huts are tastefully sited on the ocean side of the property.

I looked into several resorts/hotels in San Juan and San Fernando and decided on this place based on internet reviews. I have no regrets. In fact my original intent was to stay only one week but after staying for one week and looking at other resorts, I decided to stay the full 3 weeks (holiday) here. The walk from the resort to the main road is only 200 meters along a well developed road (not a muddy road). I used Jeepneys and trikes to go to town. There is ample space for car parking. Although this resort may be a bit isolated, it takes only about 15-20 minutes by jeepney to get to town and it's ideal if you want privacy. Rates are competitive. It's not expensive but it's not the cheapest. You get what you pay for.

I would definitely come back and stay here and if I have friends coming to this area, I would certainly recommend this place.

Cheers,

From California, USA but
currently reside in Hong Kong
Male over age 50

Room Tip: The Deluxe room is on the second floor. It's a little bigger than the Standard rooms which are...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Pangasinan, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

i booked through text and the staff named mae was very helpful and accommodating.
the room is clean and has a nice smell especially the linens. though, the TV was small and was placed almost near the ceiling....
the only thing that i did not like was that they do not have a shaded parking space, so cars were parked everywhere.. and we were delayed because the employee had to find the driver of the parked van in front of our car.
above all this, i still like the place and it is still worth recommending to friends and relatives.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

the place is wonderful but if you go to the restaurant and happen to be served by a waitress named GRACE, you are in for a disappointing day/night. she treats you like an idiot!!!! i suggest you ask for another to serve you!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

For anyone to give this place a bad review I can't understand. The place has a very special feel to it. Not like a tourist place, just quite special! The beach certainly isn't the best, but if you ignore the colour of the sand on the beach (which you can from the hotel!), the place feels like paradise. Well, it does from the restaurant overlooking the ocean. You can't have it all ways! This isn't Boracay, but you would never get a hotel that feels like this one does in Boracay for a fraction of the cost. San Juan for me doesn't have too much to offer, but if you have to be here, then the Final Option is the best that this town has to offer unless you have serious money and like to spend it on stays at over expensive resorts.
The rooms are not big, but they are clean and very well decorated. The shower is good. Internet is a good connection and free.
It felt so safe that we felt we didn't have to lock the door.
No matter what your budget, I think most people would be happier at the Final Option than at any of the fancy expensive places that there seems to be in San Juan. It really is special place. The restaurant is lovely and the staff are just wonderful.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Vincennes, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

We stayed at The Final Option from 6/13/11 to 6/17/11 and had a wonderful time. We wanted to have a relaxed stay in an uncomplicated resort. We were pleasantly surprised with so much more. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The wait staff greeted our 2 year old daughter every morning at breakfast by name. The food was excellent and the view from the Piper Bar and our room (seaview penthouse) was unbelievably beautiful. We will definitely be going back in 2012 and we're planning a family reunion right at the resort. The owner was kind enough to drive us to the airport upon our checkout. p.s. the beach is pristine...no rocks....almost uninhabited, except for the local fisherman during our stay...can't say enough about this place.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Lipa City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

My wife and kid plus two of our nephews stayed at Final Option for one night. We were coming back from Pagudpud, Laoag and Vigan and planning to go to Baguio but we were hesitant to drive to Baguio because of Thypoon Cheding. I stopped by at a corner Petron gas station in San Juan by the bypass to San Ferrnado. We asked the Petron gas station what the weather would look like in Baguio and luckily, the owner of the gas station is from Baguio and he said that it was raining cause he called or texted someone in Baguio. We then asked him what would be an ideal place to stay for the night in San Juan before we head down to Lipa City where we originated. He said to turn around and look for Final Option. Right then, we made our decision to drive back to the main road and look for the resort. It was only a kilometer away from where we were. I met the owner Peter and his daughter who checked us in. They offered us anything we might need. The three boys hurriedly got the password from them cause it is a WIFI zone so they can use our lap top. We had our dinner there and the food selection was great. The staff were all courteous and very helpful. The place was very quiet with a relaxing atmosphere. You can hear the South China Sea waves as it made its way to shore. The next morning we walked around the beach area and dipped in the wavy waters while taking lots of pictures. After awhile, we decided to go back into the hotel and used the nicely designed pool and the jacuzzi. All of us enjoyed the pool especially the three boys who stayed there from 7 to 11 am. We decided to get ready for check out and took some more pictures in the resort. It was very clean and well maintained. By 11:30 we were on our way home to Lipa. When we stopped at Agoo for lunch, my wife remembered leaving behind the Nikon D90 camera case with one of my spare key for our Montero Sports. I called them up and I made arrangement for them to LBC it to me in Lipa and I will pay the fee as I don't want to drive back to get it cause I am looking forward for the 8-9 hour drive home. The next morning just before noon, my camera case was already delivered to my house. I thanked Final Option and asked them three times via text how much do I need to pay and they said not to worry about it. We will definitely stay there again when we go to Baguio and plan to stay there two or three nights next time around. More power to the owner and staff of Final Option.

Room Tip: All rooms are clean and very reasonable price.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to P&M Final Option Beach Resort? Share your experiences!