Stayed with the wife, my son (7 months), and relatives for 3 days after holy week. We stayed at the suite with 2 others while the rest stayed at a garden room. The suite is very spacious as you can have 2 persons staying at the living room area comfortably (the sofa converts to a bed). The best part of the suite is that it's literally steps away from the pool and the bedroom view is out towards the ocean.
The resort itself is very well maintained and the staff is very helpful with all our needs (we have to request the staff to buy halo halo outside as their restaurant don't offer it which is quite odd as it is a traditional Filipino dessert). The pool is cleaned and maintained everyday and for the most part of our stay, we had the pool by ourselves. I like that the side near the restaurant has a pool side bar and a basketball hoop. If you're looking for activities outside the resort, kayaking and surfing lessons are available ranging from 200-400 pesos per hour. Other than that, the atmosphere is very laid back, no peddlers offering their wares or services.
The laid back atmosphere must have affected their employees as well as it is the main complaint I have. On our last night of our stay, the waiter who took our order forgot to give the order to the kitchen and none of the waiters didn't seem to recognize that a table full of customers are still drinking water for at least half an hour nor did the said waiter checked back on us and see if our food arrived. Also, the front desk gave their complimentary 15 min massage vouchers that night instead of the day we checked in. All those incidents were resolved but hopefully it would not happen again. Also one minor issue is their TV reception, not sure if they have cable or satellite but during the night, there is no reception to both TVs in the suite. We called front desk and they said it will be resolved in a few hours but it has happened a couple days in a row.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of the most privileged surf destination in San Juan, La Union. Kahuna Beach Resort and Spa is a boutique beach resort and spa with Balinese inspired cottages that peer out into the beach.The calming sounds of rolling waves are heard all around the resort for our guests to take pleasure in.The charming 31 rooms, Kahuna Bar and Restaurant, and day spa, face an ocean cove and sandy beach.The architecture resembles a fusion of Filipino and Balinese style beach house with white stucco walls and a native grass roofs. Luscious plant life enhances the estate. Well thought out decoration details and functionality guarantee our guests get stimulated throughout their stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Kahuna Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kahuna Beach Hotel San Juan
- Kahuna Beach Resort And Spa San Juan, La Union, Philippines