We have been lucky enough to stay in some beautiful hotels around the world, and this one certainly ranks as one of the best places we have stayed. The hotel is beautiful and the service excellent, every member of staff that we met was very friendly and professional, always greeted us with a smile. The food was wonderful with a good variety, we ate at both restaurants and found both to be equally high quality, the live music in the evenings was also very good. The villa itself was large, beautiful and extremely comfortable, each having it's own swimming pool, wi fi is good. We stayed in a garden view villa which was very private and so quiet, some of the ocean view villas are not so private as they lead straight onto the beach. Travelling around the hotel grounds on the bikes was fun in itself.
The road to the hotel that seems to receive so many comments is not a problem at all, it is simply a bumpy gravel road that allows the hotel to remain hidden until the last minute. The beach is extremely private with no hassle from beach sellers that is quite often a problem in Zanzibar. A truly wonderful experience with friendly attentive staff. Thank you for a fabulous stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Zanzibar lies within a lush, forested 32-hectare estate where five-star luxuries sit harmoniously alongside nature's untouched beauty. Feel your spirits soar amid extensive tropical gardens that meet with powder-soft white sand lapped by the crystal clear waters of the Indian Ocean. Inspired by the island's eclectic cultures, our luxury Zanzibar resort blends modern comforts with Swahili, Omani, British and Indian influences. Indulge in the privacy of the spacious villas, attended on if you wish by your own personal butler. Enjoy carefree days relaxing by your private pool, on the beach, or exploring the gardens on foot or by bicycle. Savour a taste of the Spice Island's unique blend of cultures and cuisines, and the pleasure of sensational spa treatments. Discover more of the island and the waters that surround it in a myriad of activities, from visiting historic sites and rare natural wonders to deep sea fishing and diving with dolphins. Whether you dream of a quiet couple's retreat or fun in the sun for the whole family, embrace all the delights of our island life at The Residence Zanzibar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Splendia, Orbitz, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Residence Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residence Zanzibar Hotel Kizimkazi
- The Residence Zanzibar Kizimkazi