The Residence is a gorgeous property that has a definitive atmosphere of elegant luxury... This was evident as soon as we entered the gates of the property and laid our eyes upon the immaculately crafted gardens that provide a proud welcome to new guests. The patches of lush vegetation juxtaposed with the manicured lawns, compliments the exotic setting and with the clean lines of the architecture within that setting, I felt that this resort was really well thought out and tasteful.
THEN... we were shown to our ocean front villa and I can honestly say that throughout all my travels, I have never felt so royal. The bathroom alone was bigger than my bedroom back in the UK and the shower was about the size of said bed. On the rim of the bathtub, there was a spa treatment menu, from which we could order our treatments, directly from our room phone and there was no shortage of towels and extra comforts throughout our stay.
The plunge pool is tiled with tiny blue squares, adding to my sense of appreciation for the designers attention to detail. The water was clean, warm and overlooking the sunset at the time we arrived. Needless to say we dove right in! There was space for about thirty people in that pool.
When we started to get hungry, we had no idea how far the clubhouse was in relation to where we were because it was dark, so we called off of the room phone to ask and they offered to pick us up in a golf cart. So off we went my friend and I (Feeling slightly embarrassed that the clubhouse was only a few strides away), to enjoy dinner in the form of an artisan curry that would have a certain Mr. Ramsay a bit jealous for sure :)
After dinner I was looking so forward to indulging in the sleep of ages in the four poster bed that was host to some of the most contented sleep I have had to this date... The Egyptian Cotton linen and feather pillows and duvet made sure of that!
So on the whole, this property was a winner for me and I imagine it would be for most. I have absolutely no negative feedback about The Residence because when you are going all that way to experience the idyllic paradise, it delivers effortlessly and with added extras to enjoy like their private beach, various activities and their glass sided swimming pool, the extra initiatives exercised by their staff are collectively what makes the entire experience exactly what you'd hope it would.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the South West of Zanzibar, Tanzania, The Residence Zanzibar has 66 spacious villas each luxuriously appointed with stylish contemporary furniture, private swimming pool and attentive service.The Residence Zanzibar is set on 32 ha of perfectly manicured gardens and a Spa that offers the finest Carita products.It boasts a mile-long powdery white sand beach, flanked by coconut palm trees and a Jetty that stretches 150m out into the warm waters of the Indian Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your The Residence Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residence Zanzibar Hotel Kizimkazi
- The Residence Zanzibar Kizimkazi