My wife and i,just spend a week at the residence and we fall immediately in love with the place.The setting is quite spectacular with a beautiful beach.The villas are well decorated with a nice bed and a magnificent bath room with alessi,s bathtube and toilets.We can not say that this place is a luxurious traditional place.A better definition would be of understated luxury. All the villas have a swimming pool and a wood deck. Privacy is also a plus of the place.THe restaurant is also very good placed with a nice view on the sea and serving delicious food. Considering the lack of trained staff on zanzibar the expatriate that formed the restaurant'staff has made an excellent job training local people. Jerunima one of the waitresses is , by far, the one that stand up the most among local people. Linda and Vikran,manager of the restaurant can be also mentioned on our review for their kindness and professionalis.FUrthermore we can also reccomend a visit to the Spa if you need to have some massages or beauty works. Tides are also quite spectacular and the sea can retreat up to a mile. You can see a lot of local women picking up shells and other sea food during tide time.We highly reccomend this place to everyone that can afford it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Zanzibar lies within a lush, forested 32-hectare estate where five-star luxuries sit harmoniously alongside nature's untouched beauty. Feel your spirits soar amid extensive tropical gardens that meet with powder-soft white sand lapped by the crystal clear waters of the Indian Ocean. Inspired by the island's eclectic cultures, our luxury Zanzibar resort blends modern comforts with Swahili, Omani, British and Indian influences. Indulge in the privacy of the spacious villas, attended on if you wish by your own personal butler. Enjoy carefree days relaxing by your private pool, on the beach, or exploring the gardens on foot or by bicycle. Savour a taste of the Spice Island's unique blend of cultures and cuisines, and the pleasure of sensational spa treatments. Discover more of the island and the waters that surround it in a myriad of activities, from visiting historic sites and rare natural wonders to deep sea fishing and diving with dolphins. Whether you dream of a quiet couple's retreat or fun in the sun for the whole family, embrace all the delights of our island life at The Residence Zanzibar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Splendia, Odigeo, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Residence Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residence Zanzibar Hotel Kizimkazi
- The Residence Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Kizimkazi