This is a high end quality property which helped save my holiday. I came here after leaving Diamonds La Gemma D'ell este (see review) a hotel which did not meet any expectation with regard to service or cleanliness.. The saying "what you loose on the swings you gain on the roundabout" aptly applies here, in this case. On entering The Residence it is more than obvious that you are immediately into a new ball game with regard to service, comfort, style and class. It is as previously noted an oasis of pure bliss.The villa's are spacious, luxurious and well maintained. The comfort of the bed alone eased the bad memory of the previous property . The residence is superbly managed. It is customer focused in every respect, with a management that has as its obvious goal, the achievement of the highest standards of excellence, in ensuring customer comfort and satisfaction.
The food and spa were wonderful features for me. The ambiance of the dining room is both soothing and relaxing. Breakfast is high quality. It is a place to pamper yourself. One of its outstanding features is the presence of some highly trained Mauritian staff, who just don't work in hospitality, or,in a hotel, These men/women have a passion and love for what they do that makes the difference. This is the difference between the excellent and the mediocre. The Residence Zanzibar is an all round excellent product and a place that was a delight to stay in. Your brand has won a customer.
Just 2 comments with regard to a possible improvement. Not having a TV in the bedroom was a little disappointment. Like a previous review it is the only place I watch TV on holiday. A gents haircut at $US60 is a bit over the top. The quality of every service does not have to be outrageous in price. All in all excellent. Thank you for a wonderful few days
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Zanzibar lies within a lush, forested 32-hectare estate where five-star luxuries sit harmoniously alongside nature's untouched beauty. Feel your spirits soar amid extensive tropical gardens that meet with powder-soft white sand lapped by the crystal clear waters of the Indian Ocean. Inspired by the island's eclectic cultures, our luxury Zanzibar resort blends modern comforts with Swahili, Omani, British and Indian influences. Indulge in the privacy of the spacious villas, attended on if you wish by your own personal butler. Enjoy carefree days relaxing by your private pool, on the beach, or exploring the gardens on foot or by bicycle. Savour a taste of the Spice Island's unique blend of cultures and cuisines, and the pleasure of sensational spa treatments. Discover more of the island and the waters that surround it in a myriad of activities, from visiting historic sites and rare natural wonders to deep sea fishing and diving with dolphins. Whether you dream of a quiet couple's retreat or fun in the sun for the whole family, embrace all the delights of our island life at The Residence Zanzibar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Splendia, Odigeo, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your The Residence Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residence Zanzibar Hotel Kizimkazi
- The Residence Zanzibar Zanzibar Island/Kizimkazi