Hotel is beautiful, pool is outstanding, service was excellent. We found the staff made huge efforts to make everything perfect. Food was especially good. Beaches all along E. Africa have significant water recede at low tides making the use of the beaches during low tide undesirable. If you are choosing this hotel solely for the beach, look somewhere else besides E. Africa. The gentlemen at the water sports desk on the beach were especially helpful and kind. Our family enjoyed the snorkeling outing. Our family also rented a boat for half a day, and it was our favorite activity- the staff took us to a nearby, small island where we swam and snorkeled, and they sent us with a picnic basket full of snacks at our request. Linda at the Pavillion restaurant impressed us with how kind and helpful she was to children. In fact we witnessed all of the hotel staff being very accommodating and kind to their smallest guests. However, this is not a hotel overrun with messy, noisy, little kids. We noticed that families with young children tended to take meals in their villas where the kids can eat and swim and be silly in a more private setting. We are a family with 2 teenage boys and we found plenty of activities to keep us busy and happy. Childfree couples are also quite comfortable at this resort as well. One final special note- we had to depart the hotel at 4:30 AM (ouch!) and the concierge both wished us good night at 11 PM and was up again at 4:30 AM to see us off. Wow. Felt spoiled and well looked after. Thank you.
- Also Known As:
- The Residence Zanzibar Hotel Kizimkazi
- The Residence Zanzibar Hotel
- The Residence Zanzibar Kizimkazi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the South West of Zanzibar, Tanzania, The Residence Zanzibar has 66 spacious villas each luxuriously appointed with stylish contemporary furniture, private swimming pool and attentive butler service.The Residence Zanzibar is set on 32 ha of perfectly manicured gardens and a Spa that offers the finest Carita products.It boasts a mile-long powdery white sand beach, flanked by coconut palm trees and a Jetty that stretches 150m out into the warm waters of the Indian Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Splendia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, LHW, Travelocity, Tingo and Orbitz so you can book your The Residence Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.