I just came back from a getaway with my girlfriend to celebrate my
birthday at the Residence Zanzibar, and I am left almost speechless. I am from New York and having traveled to lots of amazing properties all over the world, I have to
say that The Residence exceeded my expectations. Being so brand new I truly
expected that there would still be many kinks left to be ironed out, but this is
far from the case here.
Upon entering the majestic property, you are welcomed by the welcoming team
including the bell men, reservations personnel and a two lovely ladies ready to
offer a refreshing welcome non alcoholic drink. The coolest part about the reception
pavilion is that it all totally open; no walls, so the cool Zanazibar breeze just
passes through. Frank, Fetma, and their team and very polite, and make you feel
completely at home.
We were then ushered to our villa through a beautifully landscaped path on a
golf cart. The property is huge, it is advisable to call a golf club car for pick up if you are not up to walking or using the bikes provided to get around. We did not receive our bicycles until the day after we checked in, as the hotel was unexpectedly very booked and the ones management had ordered had not yet arrived. Nonetheless we toured the area on foot, and rarely called for a car (We needed the exercise as we could not resist Chef Tony's many creations)
Upon entering our villa, we were just blown away by how spacious and beautiful it
looked . It is contemporary with well selected and appointed furniture pieces and unique
accessories. The lay out takes full advantage of the ocean views which can be
seen from the living room and bedroom. Each of the villas have an infinity edge plunge pool which is about 1.6 meters deep. Although not heated, the temperature of the pool was just right. It is also a great substitute for laps, but the main pool also infinity rules hand down, where laps are concerned, as it seems to never end. It is extremely long
and just fantastic.
The beach on certain sections of the property is superb on other sections, you can
use it more for exploration. We stayed in villa 105, and I think that you get
the most breathtaking sunset views, access to the jetty and the most beautiful beach area. We had the option of lounging on our deck, in our pool, or on the beach, and we managed to do all three.
I believe the best part of The Residence, is infact the food. The pastry chef
and executive chefs prepared meals that rivals any 5 star restaurant in new
York or any metropolitan area. First of all, the food and desserts should not be eaten, it is absolutely a work of are, super great presentation. Everything we ate was just
gastronomically superior. The eclectic mix of spices, the use of fresh seafood,
surprising combinations of east meets west, just made you feel like you were on a
world stage. The shrimp and chicken pad Thai is to die for and of course, if it
is still on the menu, the seafood platter.
I was blown away by Chef Tony's creation for my birthday celebration. The entire
kitchen and dinning staff wanted to make my birthday celebration extra special. Soon and his team worked together with the chef and my friend to create an amazingly mouth
watering menu that was just incredible beyond my expectation. Chef Tony had
complete artistically liberty and he delivered.
The spa is also world class, and the therapists are attentive, professional and friendly. I loved the design of the spa area. It boasts of a beautiful and calming reception area with treatment rooms, gym and beauty salon placed strategically around it. There are also very spacious gazebos where you can lounge after your treatment or even request a private session in the open. We opted for the relaxing massage, which actually uses a combination of massage techniques.
Our butler Dominic was also very helpful in getting us oriented with the villa and the property itself. We had him take care of our laundry that needed ironing and to coordinate our appointment with the spa, as well as getting WIFI set up in the villa. Not just our butler, but everyone was extremely accommodating, genuinely friendly and making sure that we had a wonderful time.
I would love to bring my husband for a romantic vacation at the Residence Zanzibar. It is worth every penny. A must experience.
You are welcome to check out my blog if you require more info about the Residence Zanzibar and Tanzania: www.mypassionfortravel.blogspot.com
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Zanzibar lies within a lush, forested 32-hectare estate where five-star luxuries sit harmoniously alongside nature's untouched beauty. Feel your spirits soar amid extensive tropical gardens that meet with powder-soft white sand lapped by the crystal clear waters of the Indian Ocean. Inspired by the island's eclectic cultures, our luxury Zanzibar resort blends modern comforts with Swahili, Omani, British and Indian influences. Indulge in the privacy of the spacious villas, attended on if you wish by your own personal butler. Enjoy carefree days relaxing by your private pool, on the beach, or exploring the gardens on foot or by bicycle. Savour a taste of the Spice Island's unique blend of cultures and cuisines, and the pleasure of sensational spa treatments. Discover more of the island and the waters that surround it in a myriad of activities, from visiting historic sites and rare natural wonders to deep sea fishing and diving with dolphins. Whether you dream of a quiet couple's retreat or fun in the sun for the whole family, embrace all the delights of our island life at The Residence Zanzibar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Splendia, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your The Residence Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residence Zanzibar Hotel Kizimkazi
- The Residence Zanzibar Kizimkazi