We stayed in a luxury garden pool villa with one bedroom.
The garden villas have no direct view of the ocean.
The villas are big with separate livingroom and bedroom.
The bathrooms are huge and have free standing bathtubs and in- and outdoor showers.
Each villa has a private pool in a size that makes it possible to take more than a couple of strokes.
The resort has two restaurants. One in a pavilion with an uninteresting view and one near the ocean with a magnificent view.
The quality of the food is very high, and some of the best we have had in a top end resort.
Dinner for two with a bottle of wine is around 150 USD.
Not the best beach on Zanzibar, but very well kept.
- Also Known As:
- The Residence Zanzibar Hotel Kizimkazi
- The Residence Zanzibar Hotel
- The Residence Zanzibar Kizimkazi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the South West of Zanzibar, Tanzania, The Residence Zanzibar has 66 spacious villas each luxuriously appointed with stylish contemporary furniture, private swimming pool and attentive butler service.The Residence Zanzibar is set on 32 ha of perfectly manicured gardens and a Spa that offers the finest Carita products.It boasts a mile-long powdery white sand beach, flanked by coconut palm trees and a Jetty that stretches 150m out into the warm waters of the Indian Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Splendia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Jetsetter so you can book your The Residence Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.