My wife and I recently stayed here and had an enjoyable 5 days. On arrival we were upgraded to a sea view villa with private pool which was a great surprise.
The Villa is huge and basically like having your own house. They are kept clean and having your own pool is a major bonus. If, like us, you are after some peace and quiet for a few days then the fact you can choose between a main pool and your own is great. In terms of the staff, we found them to be very friendly and helpful. Yes, at times there can be a language barrier, but we got the feeling that many of the staff were really making an effort and learning their trade and this was fine by us. A special mention goes to Ole who always made an effort to see how we were each day. He also took us on a village walk which we found to be a highlight of our trip. The food was good, perhaps not outstanding, but always tasty. Other features are the close proximity to the dolphins, a private beach, bar serving drinks thoughout the day and also an onsite spa which we found excellent.
These next points are not meant to be negative, but would be good improvements for the future. At times you really just wanted a drink at the villa rather than go to the bar, so they either need to install mini bars or have some sort of room service which makes this possible. The bar isn't a long walk, but it's long enough to put you off sometimes. At times we did find the restaurant area a touch breezy. We don't know if this is normal or just how it was when we were there, but this can be easily prevented with some wooden blinds (or something like that) to cover the open windows which act as gaps allowing the wind to come through. Finally, I do think the dolhin trip could be a little cheaper. For me, that's a major reason we picked the hotel, but I guess we hoped cheap or even free trips to the dolphins would be put on, rather than paying the standard price that all tour operators charge.
These points aside, it is a nice hotel and we look back on our stay very fondly. For peace and relaxation while on the south of island, it is definitely worth your consideration.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dolphin Paradise is designed in respect of the Zanzibari culture to meet the increasing demand of travelers seeking for an authentic atmosphere within comfort, leisure and intimacy.The resort offers 30 stunning Zanzibari Villas with a perfect view on the Indian Ocean. The place remain simple, incense the natural treasure of Zanzibar, friendliness, amazing scenery, historical architecture and offers the advantages of a service minded boutique hotel combined with the extended facilities of classic Resorts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelBookers so you can book your Dolphin Bay Resort Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zanzibar Dolphin View Paradise Hotel Kizimkazi
- Dolphin Bay Resort Zanzibar Kizimkazi