“Hidden lunchtime oasis” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian
Centennial, Colorado
“Hidden lunchtime oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I feel really silly now that I have waited this long to try out this restaurant. Just had lunch there with coworkers. The restaurant is beautifully decorated. The staff are very attentive and friendly. I had the chicken satay, fried egg roll and samosas. All were absolutely fantastic. Most of my cohorts had a normal entree and I didn't see a single thing plated that didn't look absolutely appetizing. So very impressed with this establishment. The ornate booths for smaller parties, that I can't wait to come back and sit in. However, even at the larger table they have the most comfortable cushioned seats you will ever sit in.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Council Bluffs
“Thai food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Large menu selection and 4 stages of heat provides a dish suitable for all. Typical oriental interior design with full bar offered. Service was very good and food very flavorful.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“A nice find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Ate dinner here with a colleague on a work trip. Inside decor and ambiance were surprisingly interesting and nice. Service was very friendly and good. I ordered sushi...not the best I've had but not bad either. My colleague had a chicken dish that she really enjoyed.

Bottom line, I'd go back and will probably go to another Thai Basil closer to home with my family.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Nice lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband and I tried Thai Basil at Park Meadows for lunch on a Saturday. We were the only ones there around 12 pm. We didn't think that was a good sign but ate there anyway. The staff was nice and the food was very good. They had a lot more choices of curry than I have seen on other Thai resturant menus. Maybe they are busier for dinner? The decor is very nice.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Nice decor and parking, food so sugary I nearly went into diabetic shock”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My wife and I ate at at least two different Thai Basil locations within the last year or two. The locations are nice, parking is usually okay and the service is usually acceptable although not overly-effusive, either. The prices are rather high.

The last time my wife and I wen to Thai Basil, I ordered the coconut shrimp, which tasted exactly like a pound of sugar coated with syrup. It was so extremely sweet as a matter of fact that I started to feel like I was going to pass out after eating it half-way through. I told my wife that I felt very ill, almost like I could be hospitalized at any moment, feeling like I was going to lose consciousness.

After this trip to Thai Basil, I make sure not to eat such sugary-sweet foods at one time, as I said it was like eating a pound of sugar straight up. I never felt like I was going to lapse out of consciousness before and have never felt that way since and eat whatever I like whenever I feel like it, still. So..this particular food must have been so rich in sugar that my body began to shut down in response.

You tell me. Whatever the case, I'm not ever going to eat at Thai Basil again unless it's to drink the water.

• Visited April 2012