“Wow, really? Does not meet brand promise” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Lone Tree
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Wow, really? Does not meet brand promise”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Upon arriving before check in time, I was told that check in time was at 3:00 and that there would be no rooms available prior to 3:00. I indicated that it seemed implausible that cleaning of all 140 rooms would simultaneously conclude at 3:00. They assured me that there would be no rooms - I have Platinum status with Starwood and have never encountered such poorly trained employees. Then after sitting in the lobby for 4 hours trying to work, at 3:00 they indicated my room on the second floor was ready. This is completely out of character with my starwood profile. Eventually they put me into a room that met my profile, but this took explaining how to do so. The room I received, and the original room they tried to give me, both overlook a busy freeway. I would have thought that as a top tier starwood customer they would have at least booked me into the side of the hotel that looked out on the mountains. This element certainly does not meet the brand promise. Will never stay here again, and will not likely choose element for any future stays.

Room Tip: If booking make sure you get an even numbered room. These should look out over the mountains.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I am a Starwoods Rewards member and this was the only hotel in/near Denver that we could cash in on a free night stay. (for the hotels directly in Denver we would have needed more points) Given that, there is really nothing to complain about. This hotel would be great for longer trips as the rooms have a nice little kitchen. Really nicely thought about touches through out. This hotel is in a great area if you do not have to be directly in the heart of Denver. Just a skip from downtown and home to plenty of good restaurants, mall, Ikea, DSW, etc... Nice safe and clean area. My only two quirks are 1.) The indoor pool was heated but still not warm enough for me to swim. I hate when hotels have "heated" pools and I get all excited and it turns out it is a bit too cold to my liking. 2.) Do not buy any of the food in the snack area!! My husband and I were lazy and grabbed a bag of chips and dip. You do not pay until check out. Turns out that they charged us $7 for the bag of chips & $5 for the dip!! I was like this is crazy. Sooo, my two quirks are not that bad. The hotel is a great value although do not expect the richness and luxe of the other Starwood Hotel brands. Oh, I almost forgot! They have a free breakfast buffet! It's not the best I've had but it sure is not the worst either. Bottom line, would I stay there again? Well, probably not (unless I need another "free" room with my points). But that does not mean it is not perfect for you! I am a hotel snob (hello "W" is more my style). Happy travels!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Element is an attractive, well maintained property that provides excellent comforts and conveniences at a very reasonable price. The location is great if you have business in the area. It's right off the freeway and very near a large mall area with ample shops and restaurants. The hotel has a complimentary shuttle that will take you to the mall area - or anywhere within a 2 mile radius. I used the shuttle and had prompt drop off and pick up. There are a few restaurants within walking distance, but nothing in the hotel. The hotel provides a complimentary breakfast buffet that was suprising decent considering its free. There are kitchens in the rooms which look functional but, personally seem unnecessary unless you're someone who likes to prepare meals in their hotel room. The hotel has other convenient, attractive features, such as a servicable fitness room and free parking. There isn't a "business room", but there is a counter with two computers and a printer. Unfortunately, the computers were not functioning during my stay, which was the sole disappointment - and a fairly inexcusable flaw for a hotel that caters to business travelers. Otherwise, the place provides everything that you'd need: consistently friendly and capable desk service, clean, well designed rooms, very comfortable beds, and nice showers. This place providers great value, service, and strong amenities for the price point. I'd definitely return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Castle Rock, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

My family and I stayed in the Element on Park Meadows while looking for a home in the area. The breakfasts were the absolute best variety ever experienced and included with the room rate. The hotel is a modern design and open with plenty of tall windows to let in the beautiful Colorado sunshine. The staff provided business services including internet with printer and fax services. The location is convenient to get to I25 and to 470. Overall, the best hotel with the friendliest staff ever!

Room Tip: Recommend the suite with separate room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Although I've had my doubts between the Aloft and Element brands, I'm getting more of a liking to them. While I like the Alofts typically more, the rooms in Element hotels have a better layout. The workspace comfort leaves a lot to be desired in Element hotels (compared to Alofts) but the breakfast and evening snacks are a big plus.

Location: OK food options near by. To bad that this brand doesn't have any social or food spaces.

Room: Clean, large and functional (except for work desk comfort).

Bed: On the harder side but works.

Cleanliness/Condition: Very clean.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed in this hotel at the end of a family vacation. The location was good enough for trips to Denver and to Colorado Springs. The breakfast was ok, pool was freezing despite being 90 degrees outside (it is outdoor but covered). We stayed in a suite but a regular room would have been painfully small for more than two people. Staff was very helpful.

Room Tip: If you are staying with children, upgrade to a suite.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Eagle, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Great location if you are visiting Park Meadows Mall. Convenient, free transportation to mall. Some loud neighbor kids, but its hard to fault the hotel, but very easy to fault negligent parenting. Room was well equipped, TV, microwave, refrigerator, fantastic bed, what else do you need in a hotel room? Definitely recommend Swingers Sports Bar and Grill ( a golf themed bar) next door for surprisingly quality food, sit at the bar for exceptional service. The women at the front desk was very attentive, efficient and friendly. She was there the night we checked in and the next morning when we checked out. Ali, our shuttle driver was also right on top of his game. A 2 minute wait for a ride to the mall, and no more than 10 to get picked up. Have and will again stay here. One tiny issue, I don't seem to get my SPG Gold gift at this property. One small issue, there seems to be a master power switch at the room door, ok for most things, but for the bathroom lights to function, this needs to be on resulting in ceiling lights coming on in the room....did not make my wife happy when I got up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night.

Room Tip: I don't think any of the rooms have great "views" but a polite request to be away from...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Element Denver Park Meadows? Share your experiences!