“Weekend Getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Lone Tree
Eagle, Colorado
“Weekend Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Great location if you are visiting Park Meadows Mall. Convenient, free transportation to mall. Some loud neighbor kids, but its hard to fault the hotel, but very easy to fault negligent parenting. Room was well equipped, TV, microwave, refrigerator, fantastic bed, what else do you need in a hotel room? Definitely recommend Swingers Sports Bar and Grill ( a golf themed bar) next door for surprisingly quality food, sit at the bar for exceptional service. The women at the front desk was very attentive, efficient and friendly. She was there the night we checked in and the next morning when we checked out. Ali, our shuttle driver was also right on top of his game. A 2 minute wait for a ride to the mall, and no more than 10 to get picked up. Have and will again stay here. One tiny issue, I don't seem to get my SPG Gold gift at this property. One small issue, there seems to be a master power switch at the room door, ok for most things, but for the bathroom lights to function, this needs to be on resulting in ceiling lights coming on in the room....did not make my wife happy when I got up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night.

Room Tip: I don't think any of the rooms have great "views" but a polite request to be away from...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Lake Stevens, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Extremely good location in Lonetree - beautiful little town - everything you'll need is within walking distance: over 20 restaurants, movie theatre (across parking lot), sky diving tower, two story Mall, etc.The management didn't seem knowledgable about what was nearby, or just didn't want to take the time to tell us. The hotel is clean, nicely modern, with a firepit and a BQ in the gathering area out back and wii games in lobby with 2 big tv's and 2 computers. Pool is very small, and saltwater. I wish there would have been a hot-tub... Room is functional, and practical (make sure you turn the ice-maker OFF before you go to bed, extremely LOUD). The kitchen is well-stocked with glasses, plates, silverware, etc. The shower is large and the beds/pillows are so comfy. TV reception had some issues and the air/heating was finicky and not accurate at all, but no big deal.
Now... some reviews liked the breakfast... hmmm, i would say it was more of a grab & go breakfast... pre-wrapped breakfast egg-sandwiches (two options, one with meat, one without), 3 kinds of juice, yogurt, bannanas and muffins (i was a little disappointed), but we just walked down the street to Mimi's cafe and it was excellent! The managers special had on-tap beer/bottled wine and a good snack/light dinner. The staff in charge of breakfast/evening special were very attentative and helpful. Overall it was a nice stay, but i thought it was geared more to the business traveler than families (kids would get bored after a few days). But for my husband and i, it was perfect...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

When I first arrived to this hotel I was impressed. Even though the room was absolutely tiny, it was functional and well laid out. The decor of the rooms seems a bit sterile, like a hospital room, but easy on the eyes. The problems started when I was trying to work during the day in my room and all you could hear was the stomping of kids running up and down the hall. There were kids everywhere on the property and no adults to be found! They were completely out of control. I went to the gym, which actually is very nice and well equipped for a smaller hotel, but again there were pre-teen kids playing on the equipment, watching tv on the elliptical machines, yelling at each other in such a small space.

At night it was fine, I slept we'll until the trouble started at 3am when this chirping sound started in the room. It sounded like a dying battery in a smoke detector. I walked all over the room trying to find the source, but due to the echoes in the room I couldn't pinpoint it. I checked one of the telephones and the power cord had become dislodged, so I plugged it back in. However, the chirping did not stop for another half hour, and I still cannot figure out what was making the noise. Finally after 45 minutes it stopped and I could sleep again.

Apart from all this, the breakfast is great, the hotel is well maintained and clean.

I brought the issues to the attention of the front desk clerk on checkout, and he couldn't have cared less. No apology, he just said 'we'll have someone look into the cause.' Not the professional response I was expecting, but thankfully I was only there one night. I would not recommend staying here while on business. For leisure or families with energetic it's a good option. The management and staff definitely have some work to do on the soft product.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Where do I begin… Let’s start with the rude and indifferent attitude of the staff and management. Then lets jump to the dirty room I was checked into, even better was when I went all the way back down to the desk from the 4th floor they changed me to a room that was already occupied. I must have forgotten to tell them I wanted a clean and unoccupied room. The girl at the desk seemed annoyed that I did not keep the first two rooms I was given. She seemed reluctant and made feel like I was lying about the rooms in the 1st place. After I was given my third room she made a very un-empathetic apology. I guess it was my fault that I did not tell them I wanted a clean and unoccupied room in the first place. At least that was how I was made to feel. The next morning when I went down for breakfast the selection was coffee, some sort of breakfast sandwich that looked to be 3 days old, one brand of cereal, and an apple. Not exactly what I was expecting to find. I don’t usually complain, but I felt that the management should know the problems I encountered. When the manager came out she looked to be half asleep and kept looking down at the computer while I was trying to talk to her. I was given another fake apology. Nobody seems to care about the customer or the hotels poor condition.

Room Tip: Try the Motel 6 instead. At least you know what to expect.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Yuma, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This hotel was one of the greatest stays we have ever had in a hotel. We felt as if we were at a 5-star hotel. Great service, wonderful beds, clean, clean, clean and super breakfast. The Element is on our list to stay again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Deborah M, General Manager at Element Denver Park Meadows, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for your feedback...we always love to hear from our guests, and are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope that your travels will bring you back to us again soon!
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed here on business and it was very pleasant. Rooms were big, clean and the service was very friendly. Rooms contain a small kitchen which meant that the room would be suitable as a self catering apartment for a week or two.

• Stayed March 2013
Woodland Park, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My family of six has stayed at the Element AT LEAST a dozen times over the last couple of years and, when we first discovered the place we were very happy (hence so many stays), and used to tell everyone we know what a great place it was. However, things could not be more different now. We will now be warning everyone possible away from the place and sharing our terrible experiences with all we can. (Mr. Manager: perhaps you should have fixed things one of the MANY opportunities we offered you to do so).

I will start with the small things and then work my way to the clincher that has caused the Element to lose yet another bunch of patrons. The hotel was only updated a few years ago and every time we go it looks a little bit more unkempt and shabby as no one is doing anything more than basic cleaning everyday. The grout between the tiles on the walls outside the showers is filthier each time we stay. Furniture is damaged and never repaired. Things even get missed in the daily cleaning as we've found nasties all over the rooms, tucked away in nooks, crannies, and corners. Animal hairs abound. The walls are pretty thin and children are allowed to have slumber parties and stay up all night screaming and giggling.The pool is icy cold and they never heat it up, no matter how many complaints they get, not to mention that it's very tiny as well and can only really hold a couple of swimmers comfortably. Dogs are allowed to bark incessantly. Breakfast is usually cold. The halls have a weird, unpleasant smell that I can't quite place, but would rather never smell again. The rooms are either freezing or sweltering as the systems they provide have no happy medium setting.

All of this we've been able to overlook and still enjoy our stay even though at times it was VERY annoying, but now they've gone too far. This most recent stay was a special trip for just my son and me. My husband called up and reserved the room and told them that he wanted to pay for the room ahead of time and ON HIS CARD and gave them his card number. We've done this before and they seemed able to handle it. This time, however, we arrived and the desk clerk asked for my credit card. I made VERY sure that I informed her that the room had already been payed for and that my card WAS NOT TO BE CHARGED for it and that my card was to only be put on file in case of any incidental charges. Sigh. Perhaps I expect too much?

About four or five days later my card was charged for the room, which caused my checking account to be overdrawn, which, in turn, caused huge embarrassment when I tried to pay for lunch with some associates, just before payday. It also caused bank charges and a ton of hassle attempting to get things straightened out. We had to call them FOUR TIMES and it took TWO WEEKS. One call should have fixed it, but the manager has a bad habit of not returning calls and not taking care of screw ups.

To make things even more wonderful, this is not the first time there's been a billing screw up! Before, though, they were fixed promptly. This time it took so long and caused so much hassle and embarrassment and the best the manager had to offer for my two weeks of headaches caused by their idiot staff was an obviously insincere, "Sorry."

The staff is moronic and unwilling to make their mistakes right. Our last stay caused such a complete nightmare for me that we will NEVER be staying at the Element again and when the manager was told this he acted as if he really didn't care. This is one place that being a loyal customer means absolutely nothing. This is definitely no longer a three star hotel.

Hotel patron beware. I would recommend spending your hotel money elsewhere as customer service has no meaning here.

By the way, this place is nothing special. I've stayed in many similar places since and they were all better than the Element in nearly every respect.

Room Tip: We've stayed in all the different rooms they have to offer and they're all generally the sam...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Deborah M, General Manager at Element Denver Park Meadows, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thank you for the feedback you provided concerning your stay at the Element last October. I can certainly understand the frustration you must have felt given the various issues you encountered during that time. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you regarding your experiences, and am available at your convenience. I may be contacted at 303.790.2100.

Been to Element Denver Park Meadows? Share your experiences!