“Extraordinary!” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Lone Tree
“Extraordinary!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

This modern, earth friendly hotel was fantastic for our family! We stayed in both the studio room and the 1 bedroom. Both were clean with the standard sleek modern Westin furniture and linens. The kitchen was such a plus, with a full size fridge and dishwasher...and was outfitted with dishes, utensils, etc. Breakfast was fantastic! We will be back!

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Broomfield, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

My 21-year-old daughter and I stayed in room 318 for two nights in late July. Our double-queen room happened to be handicap-accessible, so some of my description might not apply to all double-queen rooms.

The facility is nice, new, and very clean throughout.

The room itself was quite nice, with a lot of hard flooring, which might be an accessibility feature. There was (low-pile) carpeting in the sleeping area only.

The kitchen was particularly well-appointed, with a sink, microwave, almost-full-sized fridge, two-burner ceramic cook-top, garbage disposal and full-sized dishwasher. There was plenty of cookware, and plates, bowls and utensils for four.

The closet area consisted of four large cupboards, one of which held the iron and board, and another which held the room safe. The were plenty of shelves. Note: there wasn't really a convenient place for opening/unpacking a large suitcase, other than on the floor, so it really was necessary to unpack.

The bathroom was huge, with a roll-in shower with seat. The products in the shower (dispensers for soap and conditioner) were high-quality.

There were plenty of electrical outlets, and there was a swivel TV, a DVD player, and two phones.

The breakfast offerings included breakfast burritos, yogurt, fresh fruit, and good coffee and oatmeal. It was OK to take the food back to your room to eat, which was nice, as the breakfast area, which was quiet early on, became a bit zoo-like as the morning progressed.

Perhaps due to the preponderance of hard floors (but surely due, in part, to poor sound insulation), our room was pretty noisy at times. If people let their kids run and shriek in the hallways, then they might as well be shrieking in your ear. When the woman upstairs decided to clomp around in her high heels for a good twenty minutes, well after midnight, I could hear every step. Clomp, clomp, clomp.

The window coverings were awkward to open and close; you had to haul pretty hard on the chains in order to get them to move.

There was no real reading light in our room. (When I asked at the desk, she was surprised, so it sounded like this was a mistake.)

The TV in our room was on a swivel, but it really had a particular direction it liked to face, and convincing it otherwise was a chore. I finally used my handbag to prop it in position.
The pool was very pretty, and in a nice setting, but too tiny to be much use.

I was surprised to learn that they allow dogs in the hotel. Both my daughter and I are quite allergic to dogs, and if I'd realized they were allowed, I would at least have asked to have a room that wasn't designated for pets (assuming such rooms exist).

The lobby area was pretty heavily scented (you could smell it coming out the vents even as you approached the hotel). It wasn't a bad scent, but to people with allergies and chemical sensitivities, scents can be an issue. We were quite relieved to find that the scent didn't extend to our room.

Finally, the access to the hotel is a bit weird: as you approach it, you think surely there will be a turn-in specifically for the hotel, but there's not. You have to either turn in early or turn in late. We got to where we looked for the sign for the Rio Grande restaurant and turned in immediately after that. The parking lots are all joined together anyway, so this worked out fine.

Room Tip: You might ask for a room on the top floor, to avoid hearing the upstairs neighbors
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Avon, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I was very disappointed with this hotel. The quality level of the rooms is not much better than the newer Motel 6 rooms. It is seems like the Starwood hotel planners took a set of Aloft plans and said "let's see how we can reduce the cost". So they realized the bar was a big expense, so out with that, tile in the bathroom would be cheaper if replaced by prefabricated enclosures, sheet rock work cheaper by installing rubber baseboard and metal trim on the wall corners.

The people at the front counter tried to trick me by calling a standard room a suite. I called them on this and had them correct the room type. There was a overall bad vibe from the staff.

I usually stay at the Sheraton down the street and can say that that hotel is much better and costs less.

I will never stay at the Element again. Very disappointed. The advertising and pictures by Starwood is very deceiving. You are led to expect a Whole Foods and get a McDonalds.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
norman,
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We had previously visited a Westin Element in the Dallas area and loved the concept and execution of this new chain, so we were excited to find one in the Denver area.  This was our first stop after a 10 hour trip on our way to a music camp for our two children.  We spent a lot of money in the attached grocery area and cooked our dinner in the microwave provided. We made use of the DVD player in the room that night.  The next morning my children and husband swam in  the pool while I worked out in the fitness room.  We left feeling very pleased with our stay.

Two hours later, when we were almost to our camp destination, I happened to look at my bank account online and saw a $500 charge from the hotel.  Confused, I called the hotel and asked if this was some sort of temporary hold, like you sometimes will see at a hotel.  She informed me that my account had been charged because we had smoked in the room!  She said that there were ashes on the bed and a strong odor of smoke. I racked my brain for what she might have mistaken for ashes- powder from the macaroni and cheese we made the night before, dirt from my son's flip flops from when he put his feet on the bed?  I was so shocked and asked to speak to the manager.  The manager was Amber, and she said they had pictures of the ashes.  I asked if she could send the pictures to my e-mail, but she said it was not possible. She asked if I could come back to the hotel.  Being two hours away, with the camp orientation about to begin, this was not possible.  I begged her to check the room again, because it could not possibly be our room.  She finally agreed, and was supposed to call us back to let us know what she discovered.Meanwhile, my husband and I had become extremely agitated and stressed- what a great way to start our trip!

We went on to attend our children's camp orientation, and did not hear back from Amber for a few hours.  When I checked my messages, she had called.  She said that she was not able to check the room because the maids had cleaned it (I had been told that the room smelled heavily of smoke- did she wonder how cleaning could remove that odor so quickly?) She said that she would credit the $500 back to my account,  but that she needed to warn me that there is no smoking at their property.  Unbelievable!  I had had such a great stay, but of course I would never consider staying at this property again. It really concerns me that I was not notified of the charge- if I had not been looking at my bank account for other reasons, I would never even have known about the $500.   This made a horrible experience for my family, and there was no apology-just the opposite.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
armywifewestpoint, Manager at Element Denver Park Meadows, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear Guest,
Firstly, thank you for visiting both our Dallas and Denver Element Hotels. I apologize that the smoking incident was not handled properly for you. As you know, we take smoking very seriouly in our hotel as we are the "green, healthy lifestyle" property that respects the health and welfare of all of our guests, but most especially guests like yours with small children. As you may have noticed, we have posted no smoking signs throughout the hotel. If a guest smokes in the room, we have to take it out of inventory and throughly clean the room for use by another guest. It is common practice throughout the hotel industry to charge this large fee to guests who do not comply with smoking policies. We apologize that the charge was placed on your bill prior to your knowledge and am glad to hear that the charge was removed promptly. We are glad you throughly enjoyed your visit to Element hotels and hope that you visit again one of ourstanding Elements throughout the United States. We do apologize that this situation caused stress for you and your family.
Kristen Vasquez
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Stayed here for a week+ with my husband while he was on business. This hotel fit all our needs for such a long stay. The room was very well laid out--loved all the contemporary furnishings, flat screen TV & DVD, sectional couch, comfy bed, and kitchenette. I felt very at home!

More pluses--Happy Hour each weekday night--free beer, wine and simple appetizers! Location was near a plethora of restaurants and shops. I recommend Earl's for a good sit-down dinner (we went here twice). Park Meadows Mall was a 2-minute drive away (sounds short, but I wouldn't recommend walking). Miniature golf next door was a fun little activity for us.

Cons--imperfect housekeeping service, no room service/restaurant, pool did not connect to outdoor area--you actually have to walk all the way around the indoor pool room to lay out, 30 minute drive to Downtown Denver.

We will definitely look for other Elements to stay in when we travel!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review of our Element Denver Park Meadows. The entire staff is thrilled you enjoyed your stay.
I would like to address that the pool glass door do open completely whereas you can sit directly next to the pool and be outside of the covered areas. I am sorry that the doors were not opened for you, but have addressed this with housekeeping and now the doors will be opened every day for every guest. Thank you again and we hope to have you back as our guests again soon.

Kristen
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We had over 12 rooms reserved, not all parties went through the group rate, they did not provide shuttle like promised, no signs saying what is or isn't allowed in patio area. Manager very rude. Hotel staff did not even know the policies manager was inforcing on our group. Wonderful breakfast, a hot tub would be nice. Deactivated room keys trying to tell us we did not have reservations after a few nights, thankfully we had emails proving we did. We had a male following us around listening to our converstations and appeared to video tape us also. Most of us were middle age, so not young group going wild!

Room Tip: keep emails to prove you have reservations, and double check your credit cards to make sure you are...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Spent 3 nights here while exploring in and around Denver and everywhere within an hour - Colorado Springs area. Far exceeded expectations, great fresh breakfast included in lobby, kitchen, on/off access to interstates. One of my Starwood favorites, no doubt about it! Just wish there were more of them in Colorado and throughout the Rockies! Not one negative even comes to mind. Please build more!

• Stayed August 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We love guests who really enjoy what Element hotels are all about. We hope that you can visit with us again soon.

Safe travels!
Kristen Vasquez

Been to Element Denver Park Meadows? Share your experiences!