“bonding with kids at sunsetbay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sunset Bay Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in La Union Province
Sunset Bay Beach Resort
You added Sunset Bay Beach Resort to your Saves list
Canaoay, San Fernando, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in La Union Province
Baguio City
“bonding with kids at sunsetbay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My 3 kids and I together with a guest visited the resort. We took the Partas Bus in baguio city and dropped at San Fernando City Plaza, we rode in a tricycle to sunset bay, the driver charged us P75.00. The reception area was small and good for entertaining per visitor, so we waited outside. The resort accepts credit card and charged P3,000.00 for a family room. The rooms were ok and clean, the aircon has a lock, the tv is operated on a prepaid card so you have to call the staff to turn it on for you. The beach however were full of seaweed and very stony so the kids decided to just play on the sand. We decided to use the swimming pool in the afternoon until 8 pm. It was rather ok since there were few visitors, but the pool is small. There were only 6 of us in the pool, if there were more visitors I guess it would already be crowded. Food is pricey and they have a "no outside food policy" so better be ready to spend. On call tricycle is very expensive, they charged P150.00 for a trip with no more than 2 kms. I suggest to get your own tricycle as they will charge maximum of P75.00. But overall we had fun with my kids.

Room Tip: Dont get an on call tricycle, just wait for tricycles. Eat out at the plaza if you have to, all big...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Baguio, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Nice place to relax. The pool was quite small, the beach however was very nice if you visit during summer. The rooms were alright, (deluxe rooms) small bathrooms though. Food was a bit pricey and just so so for me. The staff were nice and always smiled at us even though my gf was jokingly complaining about the food. The resort is also a few minutes away from the casino so you better be prepared to lose some money... Other than that the resort was very relaxing during our stay because of the scenic beach front view..

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Baguio, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Some Korean friends and I dropped by Sunset Bay Resort after surfing at San Juan, La Union and we really enjoyed staying even for just half a day. The serene skies and the beautiful view of the sea is so relaxing. Food was also delicious although it took way past 20 minutes before they served our orders, but it's understandable because there were lots of customers that day. We really enjoyed a lot. Beware of the mosquitoes, though!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have been travelling a lot and have been to different resorts and hotels. Sunset View is just like somewhere abroad. Almost all the guests are foreigners which I appreciate a lot (foreign guests don't stare at other guests)..oh, they're friendly too. Service was perfect, I was expecting that there would be some kind of "discrimination " just like one of the reviews I read here. The Sunset view crew has been attentive to all our needs with a great smile. I was as well able to ask them lotta questions regarding the place considering that there were lotta guests. The resort was full house when we were there. Room was great, it has a spacious veranda and bathroom. Though bathroom should have like something to separate the shower area from the loo so the floor wouldn't stay wet.
One of the best things here is the food, a bit pricey though but it pays well. Try the lamb, tanguigue, kiev, spicy chicken pasta, meat lover pizza... makes my mouth watery again. Dine while watching the sun set or grab a drink and stay on the beach area.
This place is fabulous,, we're definitely coming back here.

• Stayed February 2013
Mandaluying City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We went there for a 3 day 2 night stay last December 30, 2012 to Jan 1, 2013. The room was okay but the comfort room is dirty. The staff are not friendly at all and they prioritize foreign customers. We had to wait for about 15 minutes before someone would take our order but if it's a foreigner customer, they would even hold the chair for them. During check iut, the lady did not even say thank you to us or what. She just took our payment and that's it. This made me think that all the good reviews in tripadvisor and in the blogs are all paid by Sunset Bay so they can attract more customers! The beach isn't even worth it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We just had an overnight and i just experienced unoriented customer service. I was so so disappointed to your customer service duh! Maybe can you please orient your workers / waitresses how to take care and accomodate your client properly... Bad customer service... This is not a A CLASS resort...

• Stayed February 2013
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I was trying to book at this resort based on the reviews I have read. I have inquired and had received a response from Jenny. I then I ask if I could reserve a few rooms but no response. I again made a follow-up since I really wanted to book the place but still no response. If you can not accommodate my request then at least have the decency to reply and not just ignore my email.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sunset Bay Beach Resort? Share your experiences!