Stayed here in June/July 2013 what an awful holiday. Asked to be moved the very next day after arriving but Thomas Cook refused and said there was no room anywhere else. Had to eat out 12 nights out of our 14 night stay. first night is was a 25 min wait to get served at the bar. Our mattress looked as if somebody had died on it. Luckily we had a meeting with the manager and were able to tell her the about the poor standard of the hotel but all we got was "it's not so bad". We got a new room and an extra person on the bar and that was it. If you are contemplating going here for a holiday with children don't bother there is nothing to do with them and the pools are not clean enough.
As far as Thomas Cook stating that this hotel is set in a tranquil location then Stevie Wonder must have been the holiday ratings inspector. You are on the direct flight path so there is a plane at least every 30 mins and the motorway runs right alongside the hotel. Sleeping at night not a chance as all the 18-30's are dumped here when Malia is overbooked
Never been to such an awful place and thank god I complained or I would have got nothing back from Thomas Cook.
Please please believe us this place is awful!!!!!
- Also Known As:
- Lyda Beach Apartments Hotel
- Lyda Beach Apartments Gouves
- Lyda Beach Apartments Hotel Gouves
- Lyda Beach Apartments Gouves, Crete
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lyda Beach Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.