“A piece of heaven” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 23 Specialty lodging in Gouves
Newcastle
“A piece of heaven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2006

I knew when I arrived I was going to enjoy my stay. Stella and the staff were wonderful. My studio was clean and spacious with a lovely patio to chill out on with the most fantastic Freddo coffee in Crete. The pool was unbelievable. Always clean and plenty of loungers. It is a bit out of the way but a short taxi ride takes you wherever you want to go so you have the best of both worlds. Stella makes some wonderful meals so no need to eat out anyway. The housekeeper was always immaculately dressed, I thought she was a guest when I met her. I know its a small point but it made a difference. I got some good fashion points off her. Its not far from the airport but you get used to the passing aircraft noise. I was only there a week but I shall be staying longer next time.

• Liked — clean and spacious
  • Disliked — quite a few steps around
  • Tips/Secrets — take plenty of books
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
London, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2006

When we arrived at the hotel, Stella gave us the warmest welcome you could possibly wish to recieve. All the staff were very friendly and easy to talk to, and we couldn't have found a better place to spend our short stay in Crete.

The hotel has a wonderful location, very close to the Crete Aquariam, and there's a beautiful sandy beach within a short walking distance. Bus routes close within the vicinity provide easy access to Heraklion (and I would highly recommend using the public transport system. It's cheap, comfortable and also very reliable!) There was a whole range of tavernas around the corner, but we thought that the hotel's restuarant facilities were so good, that we ate there every night! Stella's cooking was (and still is) incredible! I got the opportunity to taste a whole range of traditional greek foods, along with specialities from the island.

The apartments themselves had been recently done up, and the results were spectacular! The rooms were clean, cool and homely, and the facilities were excellent. There was never a time when we were in need of something. The surrounding area was beautiful, we particularly liked the colourful array of flowers and plantlife...it was the perfect place for just lying back in the sun and dreaming...and I loved the pool! Our family would highly recommend Your Memories hotel. The hospitality was astounding, and the sheer beauty of the place is worth every penny. I will personally garuntee that your stay would be one of the most relaxing you've ever had. Thankyou again Stella! We hope to see you again!

• Liked — The Hospitality
  • Disliked — Nothing! I liked it all!
  • Tips/Secrets — Nope
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2005

This is our third stay at memories hotel. You are made to feel very welcome and special. The staff are always friendly and willing to help you.
The area of Gouves is a quiet resort in the north of Crete with only a 20 minute drive from the airport and the capital heraklion.
Gouves is an excellent bass from where to explore the island. Car hire is very reasonable and buses are regular and cheap. There are many excurtions with many varied historical places and buildings to visit.
Memories is a small hotel but has stunning gardens and well kept appartments. The food in the evenings is delightful and different each day. We have both learned to cook in the kitchens.
The night life is fairly quiet but there are several bars and restaurants in the center of Gouves. Clubs can be found at a short distance in either heraklion or hersonnisos.
If a quiet relaxing holiday is what you want then memories is the perfect place. You can make many friends sat around the bar just putting the world to rights and watching the sun go down. Magic.

Been to BEST WESTERN Your Memories Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about BEST WESTERN Your Memories Hotel

Address: Kato Gouves Pediados, Gouves, Crete 70014, Greece
Location: Greece > Crete > Heraklion Prefecture > Gouves
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Swimming Pool
Ranked #4 of 23 Specialty lodging in Gouves
Hotel Class:2 star — BEST WESTERN Your Memories Hotel 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your BEST WESTERN Your Memories Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
BEST WESTERN Your Memories Hotel Gouves, Crete

If you own or manage BEST WESTERN Your Memories Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.