We have mixed impresiions about this hotel, so I'll describe pluses and minuses:
What we did like:
1. Territory and area in general (pine trees, amazing sea and air, excellent view, water entertainment).
2. Food (tasty, diverse, goof assortment).
3. Facilities (except for the lesure that is available at the hotel, you can ride a bike, go horse riding, play tennis.
4. Staff's attitude - all the people there are friendly, ready to serve and help you. It was a pleasure to order a drink in the main lobby bar.
Whan we did NOT like (pay SPECIAL attention to consider those issues):
1. Kids' animation - ONLY GERMAN. If you first think it is ok, you should reconsider it - there was no traditional mini-disco every day (3 times a week, 4 German (unknown to the rest of the world) songs during 30 minutes and the rest is chatting with children in German). Daily groups (Grecoland) - all the activities, facilities and plos for the entertainment are German and in German (if there is a play on stage - it is German with an unknown world-wide plot). There was 1 russian girl, 1 greek - but they had to fit into the German's brain and programm, no translation was available, even into English!). Our child wanted so much to participate in everything (or at least smth), but as we do not speak German - it was a disaster. We were very disappointed with this fact, made several complaints, but dis not get any reaction (it is clear the time to react is needed).
Thus, I should say, German kids were very happy with the animation team, activities etc.
2. Stairs. The design of the hotel is such that there are many stairs, so if you go with little kids, do remember it - trolleys, kids themselves will be getting to the beach after going through a number of stairs (or on your shoulders).
3. Room-cleaning. There was dust on the floor even after the cleaning (not speaking about the space under the bed. The lavatory also needed a good cleaning - it is not enough to pour some cleanser, it is necessary to give it a rub. I had to reclean it so my child could use it safely.
4. A lot of waves due to the absence of the cutwaters. The beach itself is sandy and gorgeous, but a small wind creates big waves as it is open and long.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Despegar.com so you can book your Grecotel Olympia Oasis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grecotel Olympia Oasis Hotel Peloponnese