“Simple, convenient, and lovely” 5 of 5 stars

Alpino Hotel Ristorante
Via G. Pascoli 42, 55051 Barga, Italy   |
Ranked #9 of 9 Barga B&B and Inns
Woodside, CA
“Simple, convenient, and lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Alpino in a single room and enjoyed dinner there with two friends who were staying at a resort near town. My room was simple, clean and pleasant, and I slept soundly. The hotel was easy to find (once my GPS got me to the right town), and overnight parking nearby was a breeze. The hotel staff were kind enough to cancel one night's reservation at the last minute when car trouble prevented me from getting into town. Breakfast was simple, but enjoyable. All in all, my room at the Alpino presented an excellent value, and I would definitely recommend it to travelers on budget and/or single travelers.

Our dinner was also quite enjoyable - my friends claim they had the best carpaccio they have ever eaten there. My vegetarian fare was also very good, and the service was great, especially considering that we three friends enjoyed our food, wine and conversation long into the night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Alpinos is ledgendry. The food is mence and the service was great. Me and my cousin really enjoyed it, we love Alpinos! Its in a brilliant spot and its nice to walk to. I love Barga, its soooooo cool!

• Stayed July 2012
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

As a frequent traveller to Tuscany , Barga is a favourite place to explore the area. The Alpino is a central hotel with a very busy bar /cafe underneath which is a popular meeting place for locals.
The hotel itself is traditional and comfortable. Our room on the second floor overlooked the pedestrian area and gardens. The room is spacious , en-suite is modern and excellent .
There are no tea/coffee making facilities in the rooms which is a shame , hair dryer available on request , tv and remote controlled skylights ! Plenty of hanging space etc and beds comfortable.
We spent 2 nights here , breakfast is continental , not sure which continent it is actually from as it consisted of a bread basket ( not fresh, more like square dry wafer) jam, a plate between 2 of us with 1x strawberry sliced into 3 , 3 cubes of pineapple, 3 slices of apple and 2 slices of kiwi & a pot of coffee. There was a choice of muesli or cornflakes and a glass of blood orange juice each.
We didn't eat in the restaurant but it did seem popular , there are a variety of good restaurants in the area .

Room Tip: Our room 22, is on the side of the hotel overlooking the piazza , there is a road running along side...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Galloway, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The Alpine is a nice hotel. The room we had was spacious, the bed was comfortable, and everything was spotlessly clean. Our room overlooked the main street. I was a little disappointed when there never seemed to be anyone at the front desk to offer some directions... so it's not a fancy place. It's located a short walk from the best place for breakfast (Lucchesi's) and a 15 minute walk to fascinating, historic, "old Barga".

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Food is fantastic and service is great definitely well worth a visit if you are in the region.
Roberts and his staff couldn't be more helpful.
Great menu, great location.
While in Barga you must visit the walled area at the top of the town the views are spectacular.
Being Scottish I was not surprised that many fellow Scots visit this town and many have ancestors who originated from here including Paolo Nuttini the singer from Greenock.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

This was the only hotel we could find open when visiting Barga in early May. Initially we thought the hotel was closed as the cafe/bar at street level was shut up. However, when we entered the building we received a friendly welcome and were shown available rooms. The one we chose was on the top floor, decorated in rustic style, with new shower room -very clean and comfortable.

We don't usually eat in hotel restaurants as food can be over-priced and poor quality. This was a clear exception. We were extremely pleased with the excellent quality freshly cooked food - especially the pasta. The owner was attentive without being overbearing and made helpful suggestions.
So glad we stumbled across this hotel. The only drawback is it has no parking.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

The hotel is wonderfully clean and comfortable. The room that I stayed in was for a single and generous on the top floor. The bathroom was very clean with top notch fixtures and very clean also. I ate several times at the onsite restaurant and was very impressed with the menu and prices.
I found this hotel on tripadvisor and it was an excellent choice as my budget was small. The proprietor gave personal service as I were one of his own and at the included giant breakfast even cooked eggs especially for me! I don't know about the other hotels in Barga but this one is at the roundabout in the very center of town and an easy walk to anywhere and back.

Room Tip: I can't advise as I only had a single, the children did play in the court in the evening but wer...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Alpino Hotel Ristorante? Share your experiences!