We stayed here for a luxury treat whilst touring the Trossachs, as I like the MacDonalds brand, and have stayed in many of their hotels, but not this one.
We were upgraded to an executive room, overlooking the amin entrance road at side of building. Very comfortable room, lovely location with great views of Loch Ard.
We enjoyed the pool area, with jacuzzi and steam room, did not use sauna as it was 25 degrees outside and we wanted to cool down.
Would definitely recommend to anyone, but if you are not a confident driver, or arriving winter, would recommend arriving from Callander via Port of Menteith road rather than Dukes Pass, avoiding steep hills and hairpin bends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled within the breath-taking scenery of The Trossachs, Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa provides a luxurious getaway right on your doorstep. Our hotel in Aberfoyle is located just 20 minutes from Stirling, 40 minutes from Glasgow and less than an hour from Edinburgh, offering the perfect retreat from city life. Indulge in award-winning dining in the Garden Restaurant, or enjoy a delicious afternoon tea on the terrace while watching over Lake Ard. Our sumptuous spa is just the thing if you need to relax, with a fabulous selection of Elemis treatments on offer or, for the more adventurous, why not take to the surrounding hills or venture out on to the lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, LateRooms, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel Aberfoyle
- Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel And Resort
- Macdonald Forest Hills Aberfoyle
- Forest Hills Hotel