We have just comeback from a week at this resort with another couple. We stayed in one of the 2 bed self catering apartments. With a view over the loch and beautifully furnished throughout you couldn't ask for more.
The ladies used the Spa severally times, we all used the pool facilities after a day out walking.
I can't comment on the restaurant or bar as we either ate in or at one of the pubs/restuarants when out and about.
A bit bemused why someone recently posted they felt trapped once at the hotel as Aberfoyle is only 10 mins [4miles] drive away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled within the breath-taking scenery of The Trossachs, Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa provides a luxurious getaway right on your doorstep. Our hotel in Aberfoyle is located just 20 minutes from Stirling, 40 minutes from Glasgow and less than an hour from Edinburgh, offering the perfect retreat from city life. Indulge in award-winning dining in the Garden Restaurant, or enjoy a delicious afternoon tea on the terrace while watching over Lake Ard. Our sumptuous spa is just the thing if you need to relax, with a fabulous selection of Elemis treatments on offer or, for the more adventurous, why not take to the surrounding hills or venture out on to the lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel Aberfoyle
- Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel And Resort
- Macdonald Forest Hills Aberfoyle
- Forest Hills Hotel