My wife and I spent three nights at the Forest Hills on a midweek break. The hotel was undergoing some refurbishment at the time and the dark wood furniture in the bedroom showed quite a lot of dust from the building work. However, the work didn't impact adversely on the pleasure and comfort of our stay. The staff at Forest Hills were first class and treated their guests with efficiency and good humour. The meals were excellent and the menus very good and varied. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel for a pleasant stay in the Trossachs. Travellers should note that the area has poor mobile phone signals and Wi-Fi in the hotel is expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled within the breath-taking scenery of The Trossachs, Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa provides a luxurious getaway right on your doorstep. Our hotel in Aberfoyle is located just 20 minutes from Stirling, 40 minutes from Glasgow and less than an hour from Edinburgh, offering the perfect retreat from city life. Indulge in award-winning dining in the Garden Restaurant, or enjoy a delicious afternoon tea on the terrace while watching over Lake Ard. Our sumptuous spa is just the thing if you need to relax, with a fabulous selection of Elemis treatments on offer or, for the more adventurous, why not take to the surrounding hills or venture out on to the lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, LateRooms, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel Aberfoyle
- Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel And Resort
- Macdonald Forest Hills Aberfoyle
- Forest Hills Hotel