“Fabulous island” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Halaveli Island
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Fabulous island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Just got back last night. 6 days in water villa - 6 days in a beach villa. Water villas are really lovely. Great pool but the surround is like really rough sandpaper. You couldn't lean back or lean on it to relax in the water but overcame this by using a hand towel to cushion the effect. Found I didn't like how long the walk was to the island in the searing heat but I was aware that this is the longest water villa jetty in the Maldives. You can call a buggy but it takes Away from being spontaneous and nipping out for a walk or drink. Snorkelling was just metres from our steps at villa 73 and was pretty good. Saw lots of fish. Fridges in the room were warm so the drinks were not cold. They do make sure you have big bucket of ice twice a day though.

Beach villa was fantastic - much better for us. We had villa 11 which was in my opinion the best along with number 12. Huge. Best bit of the beach. Lovely lagoon to swim in. Very private. Loved it. The island is lovely, the staff are the best I have come across. Every single one of them make you feel as though they love having you there and nothing is too much trouble.
The Apple TV system was fantastic. Films, music, internet on demand.
For us the only let down was the big game fishing. This is an independently run business to the island. At 1500 US$ we were told we would get half a day. We set off at 6 am travelled 40 minutes- by the time the rods were out we Started fishing at 7.15. At 9.30 they said we had to get back. In all rods out for only 2 1 /4 hours. Back at the island just after 10 am. Felt quite ripped off really. We expressed our disappointment to the staff. As we were leaving the island the dive centre manager came to see us and asked what he could do. As we were going home it was a silly question. He said did we want him to try and get a discount. This felt embarrassing. We are happy to pay this kind of money but felt it was not value and really we should not have been asked, it should have just happened. It didn't. My Husband said that if due to tidal conditions they had to travel far they should factor this into the package and give people a guaranteed period of time that they were actually fishing and not just be out on a boat ride. Will they take this on board - probably not. In our own business which is fishing - if any customer is not happy with our products we rectify it immediately - no ifs or buts. Customer service should be paramount to any business as it goes a long way to keeping people loyal to your brand. Would not recommend anyone to bother wasting their money on the fishing. Last year at Lily Beach the fishing was fantastic 6 good hours with rods out for 4 plus of that time.

Don't have the club sandwich. Really bad. Did tell them but they didn't remove it from the bill which we found amusing as in a decent restaurant this would have been deducted.

From the minute we were met at the airport to the minute we were taken back to the airport the service was first class. We loved our time at Halaveli and yes we will be back despite these niggles but we won't be fishing and I won't have a club sandwich. If you are thinking of going just do it - you won't regret it. We heart all of them from the gardeners to the General Manager - you should be proud. We will return.

Room Tip: Water Villa 73 good for privacy and snorkelling metres from your steps - get sunset. Beach Villa 11...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
halaveli-res0rt, General Manager at Constance Halaveli, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Constance Halaveli Maldives and thank you for sharing your detailed review with us and the entire Trip Advisor Community!

The entire Constance Halaveli Family and I are delighted to learn that you have appreciated our efforts to offer exceptional service to you and to make your stay a wonderful and memorable one. We are glad to hear that despite the mentioned “niggles” you decided to come back and we will be more than happy to welcoming you again in our little paradise. We sincerely apologize for the difficulties you faced during your big game fishing trip and we would be more than pleased to arrange something special for you on your next visit to Halaveli in order to compensate you for your inconveniences.

Regarding our club sandwich, please allow me to share with you, that we have taken your suggestions into consideration and already worked on improvements of the ingredients and preparation of the club sandwich.

On behalf of the entire Constance Halaveli Team, I would personally like to thank you again for your lovely feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Halaveli for another stay full of enchanting memories.

616 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

The overall stay at constance was fine and pleasant, however the staff service wasn't very please, I ask for a drink at Jahaz restaurant and it took them 30 mins before I finally got my drink, and notice that they have totally forgot about it. The food need to be improved as well, because $96 per person for buffet is a little bit over charge. Also there was a needle on the stair of our water villa and I accidentally cuts my finger while went for snorkeling. Although they responded pretty good and fixed it for me right away.

• Stayed November 2013
halaveli-res0rt, General Manager at Constance Halaveli, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Constance Halaveli Maldives and thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor!

I am sorry to read that you got injured during your stay and I hope you are fully recovered by now. At the same time I am delighted that our engineering team was able to quickly repair the stairs of your water villa.

Regarding the service and the food in the restaurants, we sincerely appreciate your comments. Please rest assured that we will continue training in these specific areas and will take your suggestions into consideration for further improvements.

On behalf of the entire Constance Halaveli Team, I would like to thank you again for your valued feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to our little paradise!

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Probably more of a review for parents and young families...
My husband and I booked our first family to the Maldives, which may have been a silly move for new parents.. but it was absolutely amazing!
We had a beach villa which I would definitely recommend to other parents as they are absolutely huge with an outside garden area, pool and beyond your small garden wall, the beach, about 10 steps away! The villas are nicely spread out so you dont have to worry about young children screaming and making a noise.
The resort on the first day said if we needed any food for our baby we could pick any ingredients and have them blended down. They also provided a buggy (dont take one as you will be charged extra on the seaplane because of the weight). We also ran out of nappies and they provided them for us! They provided babysitting and she was lovely. In the evenings we mixed it up between getting a baby sitter and room service. One day we went on a snorkel trip and the babysitter wrote down everything that she did, when she ate, nappy change, what she did in her wake time, playing etc, she was brilliant.
They have an amazing kids club but our wee one was too small to go. They can go from 4 years old.
We didnt even go to the main pool as we had our own pool and beach right on the doorstep so didnt need to go anywhere else!
Food was amazing and they did a fantastic theme every night, I looked forward each day to seeing what it was.
The man who cleaned our room was lovely too. He changed the babys bed linen every single day. The cot was also a proper wooden cot similar to ours at home and not a 'travel cot'.
A much needed break in paradise!
We are looking to go back to the maldives in February and we have been so spoilt by halaveli we keep comparing all resorts to this one!
100% recommened

Room Tip: For families definitely a pool villa
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Constance Halaveli Maldives and thank you for sharing your wonderful review with us and the entire Trip Advisor Community!

I am very pleased to read that you and your family were able to catch a much needed break in our little paradise and that you enjoyed your stay in one of our beach villas. We sincerely appreciate your comments on the Kids Club our babysitting service and the baby friendly amenities, such as baby cot, buggy, nappies etc., we provide for our families. We are proud of being a family friendly island, because creating smiles on kids’ faces is worth more than a million!

I shared your kind words with the respective babysitter and your Villa Host, who were very thankful.

Once again thank you for the detailed review you posted on Trip Advisor and the entire Constance Halaveli Team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our island in February!

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

After lot of internet searches of resorts in Mauritius, Seychelles and Maldives, reading countless reviews on trip advisor and other travel websites, comparing prices, offers, packages, I chose Constance Halaveli for my honeymoon and decided to stay for a week.

I did not book through any travel website or tour agent. Usually people take help from travel agents to keep themselves away from all the problems and hassles of contacting and dealing with the hotel directly. But with Constance, I had a very different experience. I contacted the reservations directly and right from day 1, the whole Constance teams was very helpful and prompts with their responses. Everyone answered to my queries in details.

When we arrived in Male, we were greeted by Constance Halaveli staff and were requested to take a seat in their shuttle which was heading to Constance Lounge in the airport next to air taxi terminal. What about our luggage? Response was, "Do not worry Sir. We will take care of it. You had a long trip and I would like you to relax and have a Constance experience." Me and my wife were very pleased with the service till now and were waiting for what’s coming next. We were taken to the Lounge for refreshments and it was not long when we were told that the air taxi is ready for Halaveli. We were escorted to the air taxi. Trip from airport to the resort in air taxi was fun but it was very noisy.

At Halaveli, whole team was there to greet and welcome us. We were in our villa in 15 minutes. I booked over water villa and requested for one at the end of the jetty.

Bottle of sparkling wine was waiting for us, with fresh fruits, and the bed was beautifully decorated. Villas are heaven. Sea was beautiful from the deck. Don’t hesitate to call the reception any time of the day or night for any request or for a drop to spa or to any of the restaurants. Some days, we walked from our villa to Jahaz for breakfasts. Weather was awesome during our stay, with light breeze all evening. It rained for couple of days but it did not spoil our trip as we just stayed in our room and enjoyed the in villa service and hospitality. We used to have a heavy breakfast and then have some snacks at the poolside bar in the evening and then dinner from In Villa dinning menu. Best about In Villa dinning is its 24 hour service. The food was quick and was just a call away.

Water villas have a private pool and access to water for snorkeling. You can get snorkeling kit from the dive center for free. Wife did snorkeling with help from an instructor and she loved the experience. One of the water activity was not available as the speed boat was out for some repairs, we were given a complimentary water activity. It came to me as a surprise when I walked to the water sport center to sign for the payments. The same afternoon, when we returned to our villa, our bathtub was decorated with rose petals. We got complementary spa, and it was so relaxing....These small gestures from the hotel, and management won our heart and we will always remember our stay in Halaveli.

Reservation desk was also helpful in providing details about the air taxi service and what time they will not be available. I planned and booked my flights accordingly so that we do not have to stay in the airport for long. I still follow the reviews in trip advisor, reading about people's experience and remembering my time in Halaveli. I see lot of people complain about air taxi service not available during a time of the day. One can definitely plan it accordingly and can skip away from this problem.

Some of cons but definitely not taking away review points from me as overall experience was amazing and planned the trip with thorough research,
- We did not go for sunset cruise or whale shark excursions as it was way expensive.
- We did not opt for half/fully board service as it was $200. When I checked the In Villa dining menu, for two of us, one time meal was coming up less than $80.
- I requested to speak to the GM when one of the staff members denied providing us with a room freshener. She said, room fresheners are not allowed in the resort. I could not stop laughing but at the end, when I spoke with the GM, one was provided to us on the same day.

Room Tip: If you are planning to take water villa, then request for Villa #80 onwards. If you want to experien...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
halaveli-res0rt, General Manager at Constance Halaveli, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Constance Halaveli!

Thank you a lot for sharing such a complete and complimenting review with us and the whole Trip Advisor Community, because as you say, the reviews get very important while preparing one’s vacation!

We appreciate your detailed description of the whole Constance Experience concept - responding to any query or question from our valued guests, from the moment of booking until your departure which can be enjoyed in our Constance Lounge.

Our House Keeping, In-Villa Dining and Reception Teams are delighted to learn that you have underlined their continuous efforts for a quick service full of tiny gestures. Every member of our Halaveli Family, including me, always tries to deliver ultimate hospitality to our guests, especially knowing that being on a remote island has a direct impact on the end prices.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your review on a Trip Advisor and we are looking forward to welcome you back for another stay in heaven maybe for your first wedding anniversary!

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

A hotel or just a place in paradise, ideal for a couple with or without children.
We are parents of three children aged 8, 12 and 14. We spent two weeks in a splendid presidential suite with all the services that you can dream of and even beyond your imagination!
To start with activities, to enjoy a holiday as parents is to see your children in the morning excited about the day ahead. And that was the case during all our stay. The Kids Club team was able to offer a program for my younger daughter, so she never got bored, constantly finding new games and entertainments. And that was a success. Our two elder kids were totally thrilled and captivated by the charm of the diving. Irina and the rest of the Diving Center team offered my children an incredible vacation, combining security and discovery. The variety of seabed, the different diving levels obtained by my kids allowed to continue diving without being bored and always experiencing a joy of discovery. Even our youngest daughter was able to learn to breath in a bottle.
Not to forget that the sports facilities of the hotel are beautiful, with a huge fitness room equipped with the latest machinery, a tennis court , a beach volleyball , it only lacks golf practice but they have a tee off spot and bio degradable balls where you hit the balls in open sea….. so cooool
As for the food and wine, everything is close to perfect, it should not be forgotten where this hotel is situated : in the middle of nowhere, where a simple ingredient can be difficult to get. The kitchen team and especially the gourmet restaurant propose an incredible menu and meals: we enjoy lobster, meat, vegetables as if we were in a major European city. Room service is faultless, fast and offering the highest quality.
Mainly we can say that if children are happy, the food is good and varied, the room is beautiful and everything is ultimately good, we also are from those families that expect a lot from the relationship side that a 5 Star hotel can offer. Well, here is the reason of all our high grades: each employee of this hotel is nice, trying to give his best to make you feel being the preferred customer. Management is carefully listening to your requests and it folds backwards to give you everything you dream of even despite the isolation of the island life where some products are very difficult to get.
In conclusion, the atmosphere created by all the employees of the hotel, the quality and level of professionalism make it for us a place absolutely not to be missed, we will not hesitate to come back to this jewel of Constance group.
Congratulations to everyone who made us spend the two weeks of dreams and thank you for those moments and images that will remain long in our memory.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

The Constance Halaveli Team and I are excited that you spent a dreamlike holiday with us, which was beyond your imagination. Our Presidential Villa is a real architectural jewel and we are happy that you enjoyed it to the fullest.

Thank you as well for your comments about the various activities we offer to our valued guests. Our Kids Club Team is always doing their utmost to create an amazing vacation for our little guests and they are delighted that they were able to keep your little daughter entertained. It is a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed our sports facilities and liked the idea of our little golf tee off, from where you can hit biodegradable balls, which also serve as fish food, into the open sea.

Being on a remote island is indeed hard sometimes in terms of logistics and transportation of items and we sincerely appreciate your acknowledgment on this specific subject. Our Food and Beverage Team is happy that you enjoyed the different choices we offer and especially our gourmet restaurants.

I would like to express my gratitude especially for your feedback regarding our team and our management. Our team members were thrilled to hear that they created a nice atmosphere of making you feel special at all times. One of our major goals is to always listen carefully to our guests in order to respond to their needs and offer a true luxury service or as we call it: the Halaveli Experience!

On behalf of all of us here on Halaveli, I would personally like to thank you again for sharing your review with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to our little paradise on your next visit!

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

The Maldives are the definition of paradise and Constance Halaveli is everything you hope it will be in a luxury, island holiday destination. We have just returned home after seven unforgettable nights at Halaveli for our honeymoon and I really couldn't recommend it enough, it is truly amazing. The staff are fantastic, the over water villas are heavenly, food is excellent in all eateries and the spa is just divine. There should be no doubt that Constance Halaveli is a luxury resort experience.

Given the high cost of a Maldives holiday I've written a detailed review covering a few areas I was unsure about before booking, but if you only want the short answer...just go!! Believe the pictures and the positive reviews, it's a wonderful holiday destination, you won't be disappointed.

Getting to and from the island...
The sea plane trip to Halaveli was a really smooth process, far better than I expected. You're greeted by a Constance employee after clearing customs at Male airport and from there you take a short bus ride to the sea plane terminal. Constance have their own lounge where you can freshen up, access wifi etc while waiting for the plane and they do a hotel pre check-in there too. The flight itself was very professional and took about 25 mins of flying time and maybe 45 mins overall. We were on the island within about 2 hours of landing in Male.

The over-water villas...
Ocean views at every turn, water lapping under the floor, an incredible experience. My wife described it as staying on a yacht, without the sea sickness! Being able to walk straight into the water and go swimming is just awesome, and the plunge pools are excellent for cooling down while getting some sun. The villas are large with great bathrooms, are really well appointed and Halaveli offers all the luxury services you would expect. One thing that was cool was the Mac mini which runs the TV services - great for viewing pictures and video we'd taken on the trip and for backing up data. For mine, these are likely to be the best value luxury over-water villas in the Maldives. Are they "ultra-luxury" e.g. agape baths, high end toiletries etc? No, but they're not priced in that end of the market either, which will easily set you back around US$1800-2000 per night (or much more) for over-water villas in the Maldives.

Service…
Exceptional. The Constance team - whether in the bar, restaurants or guest relations - were always willing to go the extra mile when we had special requests and we found everyone to be extremely friendly and attentive. We could not have been happier.

Food and dining...
The food was excellent for the whole trip, plenty of diversity and well-made and presented food. Breakfast is a great buffet and you have 5 main dining options for dinner: dinner buffet; Meeru beach grill; Jing Restaurant (modern asian fine dining); in-room dining; or the bar. Importantly, my suggestion would be to book the breakfast only option with your room rate as it offers better value and more flexibility. The half-board option provides you with buffet breakfast and dinner and generally seems to be around US$200 per night extra. However, if you book with breakfast only included the buffet dinner is about US$100 per person anyway, so if there's only two of you travelling you can just pay that each day. To give you an idea, three courses in Jing or Meeru will cost between US$70-100 per person inc 10% service charge. If you don't eat 3 courses every day (we didn't) then you'll be well ahead and can spend what's left on drinks (or spa treatments)!! Also, if you book the half-board but decide you don't want the buffet on some days then you will only get a US$55 credit per person towards dinner at the other dining options. Overall, better off with the breakfast only option, unless you can get a better deal on the half-board at time of booking.

Spa…
The spa is actually in the over water villas, which is quite cool, and has plenty of treatment options. We used it twice and was excellent both times. Pricing is consistent with what you would expect for a very good quality spa in a major capital city, but there's also discounts available for honeymooners, multiple-treatments and a really clever "jet lag recovery" offer if you go within the first couple of days.

Weather...
November is the shoulder of the monsoon season so there was always a high likelihood of some wet weather during our stay. We had 3 really sunny days, 2 cloudy days and 2 rainy days (spa days!). In general, it seemed to rain most at nights or in the morning and then clear up by midday, pretty typical for tropical weather.

Activities...
Heaps. Diving and snorkelling are obviously very popular, but there's plenty of motorised and non-motorised water sports too. If you're snorkelling, make sure to go out the front of the presidential villa, some excellent reef and plenty of fish. Of course, the best thing to do is nothing…Halaveli is perfect for that!

Room Tip: You can get a resort map from the Constance Halaveli website with room locations and numbers. We req...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
halaveli-res0rt, General Manager at Constance Halaveli, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is always a pleasure to read that we succeeded in exceeding our guests’ expectations. We are delighted to read how much you enjoyed your honeymoon with us and we sincerely appreciate your comments on our water villas with direct access to the sea, private plunge pool and entertainment system. I shared your comments about our services with our team and they were thrilled to hear that you found them to be very friendly and attentive at all times.

We are pleased that food in our different restaurants was after your fancy and that you were able to go for some exciting watersports activities and relax during some excellent Spa treatments in our facilities.

The Airport Lounge Team is elated that you experienced a smooth and comfortable arrival to Halaveli and is thankful for your kind words.

On behalf of all of us here on Halaveli, I would like to express my gratitude for your lovely feedback on our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back to our little piece of heaven on your next visit!

Nice, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We are a family of four with a 9 year old and a 6 year old and we stayed on Halaveli for 10 days in October 2013. We stayed in villa 22 which is a Family Beach villa next to the Presidential villa. We have stayed in similar quality hotels around the world and found Halaveli to be absolutely excellent in almost every respect. In summary;
Booking and travel: we booked via a travel agent but communicated directly with Renato and Puri at the hotel to request further information and the specific villa that we wanted. They were extremely helpful, friendly and courteous and told us all we needed to know. They could not make us any promises in regard to the villa but assured us they would do their best and indeed when we arrived we got what we wanted. The transfer from Male was smooth and efficient with an hour’s wait in the comfortable airport reception lounge prior to the sea plane flight.
The Villa: the family Beach Villa is spacious, well equipped and perfect for a young family. The kids bunk room connects directly into the main bedroom which is fine for a young family but if our children had been older we might have gone for the two story villa where the bedrooms have separate access. We preferred the villa arrangement with the pool on the beach side of the building rather than the inland side because it seemed to be a more natural flow and enable us to keep an eye on the kids in a linear direction. The villa garden is beautiful and very well maintained with the room being made up twice a day. There is a large choice of movies on demand both for adults and kids and the kids room has its own separate unit for kids to watch cartoons alone. One small negative would be that the mini bar fridge is not really cold enough. I like a very cold beer….
Food: Overall the food is excellent. The buffet both for breakfast and dinners in the main restaurant is very varied and of a very good standard and quality. Breakfast has something for everyone; cooked, continental, Mladivian, Asian, fruits etc. Dinner changes each night as in most Maldivian resorts – for example; Italian, seafood, Japanese, south Asian etc. Once or twice we found that the kids didn’t want anything from the buffet so we asked for a single dish to be made specially and it was no trouble at all. Staff are fantastic and friendly with restaurant manager Hassan doing a great job. We went to Jing and had a superb meal there. The menu is an inventive Asian fusion style and the food perfectly cooked. The only negative of our entire Halaveli experience was not a big one but we found the poolside menu to be pretty limited and boring. In particular the Club sandwich was diabolical which is a great shame since that is a good indicator of any establishment! However, I want to emphasise that’s a pretty small gripe – food overall was fantastic.
Diving and snorkeling: The TGI dive shop run by base leader Tobias and his lovely wife Irina is as good a dive shop as you will find anywhere. The instructors are all friendly and professional and the program they run is superb. On occasion they sent a boat out with me as the only diver and nothing was too much trouble. As a dive instructor in a former life I found it a little difficult at first to get used to not having to set up or break down my equipment but such is the level of service offered. Of course the diving is exceptional and I saw a dolphin hunting on my first dive which is a rarity. Our son aged 9 did a bubblemaker dive with the excellent instructor ‘Rash’ and loved it. We definitely do not agree with those who have said the snorkeling is not good at Halaveli. You need to know where to go. The best part of the reef is in front of Villa 22 and the Presidential villa. Corals and fish life are very good and very healthy. Yes the organized trips are quite expensive but the sandbar and snorkeling trip brings you to an outreef with some the very best corals we have ever seen and we are very experienced tropical divers.
Kids club: Very nice staff led by Joanne and our kids refused to leave on occasion which they haven’t done in other places. With the island being so small they can return to the villa alone or one of the staff would happily bring them back. The same staff do the babysitting – either in the evening or in the morning if both parents are diving – and the rate is reasonable and babysitting without incident. They are very flexible and will do whatever they can to accommodate your requests.
The island: relatively small and you can walk around it in 20 minutes. Due, we think, to the fact that each villa – both land and water – have their own ‘space’ with a plunge pool for each unit the beaches are relatively deserted most of the time. You can walk around the island and only see 5 other people on the beach even when the hotel is 80% full which is a great plus. We never saw the main pool with more than 10-15 people around it at any one time and even then loungers etc are well spaced out. The breakwater things that some posters complain about didn’t bother us at all in fact we liked them because they create an beautiful turquoise lagoon around the island which is shallow and safe for the kids. Within a day we barely noticed it.
The clientele: whilst we were there in October it was extremely varied and we couldn’t identify any nationality in greater numbers than others. We saw French, British, Scandinavian, Australian, German, Swiss, Chinese, Korean, Russian, Polish and guests from the Emirates with probably some others we have forgotten. We appreciate a resort that isn’t dominated by one nationality.
Ambiance: barefoot luxury is an accurate description of Halaveli. There is absolutely no pretention in this resort. No strict dress codes and nobody looking at your watch or trying to assess your standing in life. That makes for an extremely relaxing atmosphere. The layout of the island with water villas loosely occupied by couples and beach villas by families mean that there is no clash at all between groups that could conceivable have different holiday agendas.
Service and value for money: We found the service perfectly pitched. It was attentive but not suffocating as can be found in some top level resorts. I certainly wouldn’t agree with other posters suggesting it is not 5 star standard. It’s a Maldivian island resort not a chic urban business hotel after all… Yes its expensive but any 5 star experience in the Maldives is expensive and you have to expect that or decide not to go. One poster rails against the monopolistic nature of the Maldivian experience which is patently absurd. Of course it is that way – each island is a resort and once you are there you don’t have any competitive choice – that’s the Maldives!! Do your research properly and if that’s not for you then find another destination is the only advice for you.
We would definitely recommend Halaveli for a family holiday and most probably for a honeymoon or couples holiday too. It’s a brilliant resort brilliantly run by Renato. Thanks to all of you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
halaveli-res0rt, General Manager at Constance Halaveli, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Constance Halaveli and thank you so much for sharing your detailed review with us and the whole Trip Advisor Community!

We are happy to see that you have fully enjoyed our “barefoot luxury” and found the Hotel and our service to be excellent in almost every respect. We highly appreciate your comments on our Beach Villas and your lovely description of the rooms and the amenities. We pride ourselves in providing maximum of privacy to our valued guests and deliver ultimate dreams in paradise, and it is a pleasure to read that we succeeded in meeting your expectations.

Our team members and I are absolutely thrilled that you found our service perfectly pitched. Especially Joanne from our Kids Club has appreciated your acknowledgement of the efforts of her team and herself to make everyday a special day for our little guests.

Thank you for recommending the beauty of our reef and the efficiency of our Diving Center services. Irina, Tobias, Rash and the whole Diving Center team send you their sincere regards.

I personally shared your comments on the variety and quality of the food in our restaurants with our Food and Beverage Manager Yeray, who forwarded your kind words to our Restaurant Manager Hassan. They are thankful for your feedback and we took your suggestions on the Club Sandwich into consideration for further improvements.

Thus, the entire team of Halaveli and me personally is looking forward to welcome you back in our relaxing paradise and thank you again for taking the time to post such a kind and complete comment on Trip Advisor!

Dominik Kuenstle

Been to Constance Halaveli? Share your experiences!