“Beyond Heaven” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Halaveli Island
İstanbul
“Beyond Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

You will read hundreds of positive comments for Constance Halaveli and I do not want to repeat all of them, but to summarize it with just one word "Vaowww", from the General Manager(Renato, he is such a nice person) to housekeeping staff the service level is exquisite. They are giving their efforts for service not just they have to, also it seems that they are enjoying. From the first moment you have entered to the Constance Lounge until you leave the Resort, you will be treated as special. We stayed in water villa 61 from 2nd of September till 9th for honeymoon, the room facilities is great also the housekeeping is one of the best I have experienced so far, breakfast and in villa dining is delicious however I must say that the highlight of the holiday regarding food is the 'Jing' restaurant.Every bite we had is extraordinary,seafood and desserts are so delicious, the service level in Jing is remarkable thanks to Azim who thougt every step before you do.I have been to lots of restaurants in Europe,United States also Michelin starred restaurants, but I have never experienced such a wonderful service as I had in Jing(special thanks to Azim). I want to thank again Constance Halaveli staff for their hospitality and kindness.

Room Tip: Choose odd numbered villas, 61 is great.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
halaveli-res0rt, General Manager at Constance Halaveli, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
Warm and sunny greetings from Constance Halaveli! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor.
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our exquisite service, our team was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your staff so thoroughly.
I am so happy to hear that you felt taken care of from the moment you entered our lounge and am pleased we were able to make your honeymoon memorable.
We have shared your comments with Azim and he was thrilled that he was able to make you experience in Jing so perfect!
Thank you once more for your splendid comments and we look forward to welcoming you again, maybe for an anniversary?
Renato W. Chizzola

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This resort is absolutely amazing! Upon landing you're taken to the sea planes where you're greeted by reps from the resort and given refreshments, then taken to the resort. As soon as you land it's paradise! The scenery, the beautiful water villas and the atmosphere is absolutely heaven. The hotel staff are so friendly and kind, they greet you personally everytime and care for your happiness.
The spa was by far the best experience I've ever had...
We stayed at a water villa and its wonderful. The villas are very private with a breathtaking view, the rooms are spacious and clean. There's no Mosquitos or bugs of any sort, there's really cool fishes that come by the ocean occasionally.
The privacy and seclusion are such a huge plus for couples, its ideal for honeymooners, especiallly for Muslim couples, everything is halal too. You get access to the ocean from your room to the ocean too and it's completely private...almost as if your villa is you're own island
The resort offers plenty of excursions and water activities, there's plenty of movies available to watch too. The Meeru restaurant is delicious, slightly small portions but that's part of fine dining- and you get to watch sunset while eating there! The view is unimaginable while dining at sunset- if anyone wants an ideal dinner I'd say this is it!
You can watch sunset and sunrise from the walkway of the villas and you get a beautiful skyline view from the rooms..
Overall this was the best trip I've ever had. If anyone wants an ideal fairytale honeymoon I'd say this resort is it, it was a dream come true. I don't even want to leave! I'd recommend this resort to everyone ever looking to travel to Maldives, this is ideal!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
halaveli-res0rt, General Manager at Constance Halaveli, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Sending sunny greetings from Constance Halaveli! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the Trip Advisor community!

I am thrilled that you found our little corner of paradise to be so breath taking and delighted that everyone was happy and friendly during your entire stay. We take great pride in our team members and I am so happy that you felt their kindness.

It is so wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our variety of water excursions and our delicious Meeru restaurant!

Thank you for allowing us to give you a fairy-tale honeymoon, we hope you will be back for your next anniversary!

new delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

On first sight Constance Halaveli blows you through your mind.

They have their check in lounge near the airport - A1 - 5 star. Delicious food and awesome hospitality. From here you are transferred by a sea plane to the resort.

Each guest is greeted by many members of the team and you feel very welcome.

The water villas are way beyond expectations. They make you fall in love not only with them but with your partner all over again. The in villa infinity pool is perfect for couples to reconnect. Photograph for the same attached.

The bedroom has an apple modem and a Bose dock for all your electronic needs. Dilmah triangular tea bags for the tea enthusiast and Nespresso machines for the coffee lovers. A bottle of wine on the table to bring you into the mood. Did I forget a private wine chiller in the room? The hotel leaves nothing to chance.

This hotel has the best toiletries that I have experienced in a long time in hotels. Sheer pamper.

The food - the make or break of any hotel - awesome. I would skip the reef fish though as it seemed very hard and leathery. Everything else, no complaints.

The diving experience - JUST DO NOT MISS IT. They have an awesome reef with a multitude of fish. I could spend hours here. The divers are highly experienced and hold your hand and lead you through your entire diving and snorkeling experience. I have swum with the turtles and the sharks too (no - they do not bite).

I have learnt to love the water here. We often here, if there is paradise on earth, it is here. Constance Halaveli proves it.

Room Tip: Opt for a water villa
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Sunny greeting from Constance Halaveli! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the Trip Advisor community and ourselves!

It warms my heart that you felt our hospitality from the moment you entered our lounge and I am so pleased you had such a warm welcome.

How lovely to hear, that you were able to reconnect in our water villas and together in the plunge pool!

I am happy to hear that you found our food to be ‘awesome’; our culinary team was thrilled to hear from you!

We have shared your wonderful comments about our dive center with them and they cannot thank you enough for your kind words.
It was an absolute pleasure to read your review and we truly look forward to welcoming you again, should you wish to visit paradise once more!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We have recently enjoyed an excellent family holiday at The Constance Halaveli. We chose a family beach villa which was ideal for my wife and I and our two boys aged 6 and 3.
We were received at Male International Airport by staff from the hotel and instantly checked in for our seaplane flight before being taken on a short journey by luxury minibus to the Halaveli lounge at the Seaplane terminal. We waited approximately 45 minutes for our sea plane which was fine and check-in for our rooms took place in the lounge. The Sea Plane ride was approx 25 minutes and very enjoyable.
We were greeted by approximately 10-12 staff upon arrival at Halaveli and were soon taken to our accommodation. The family beach villa was ideal. A large main room with the main bed and an smaller side room with a bunk bed for the kids - the door of which was already adorned with their names. There was an outdoor living area and outdoor bath and shower and indoor loo.
The room was well equipped although we did have problems with our TV and especially the films which was repaired twice very quickly - it did cause a few more issues which I dealt with myself - but this is a tropical island! The plunge pool was great and there was direct access to the beech which created a very private area almost as if this was your very own bit of paradise.
Firstly and most importantly this was a great holiday.
The good points:
This is a very relaxed place! You do not need trousers or full sleeved shirts (for a guy!) Here "Smart casual" means shorts rather that swimming trunks and T shirts covering the shoulders.
Kids Club - excellent with attentive staff. Joanne and Andy are a credit and were very good at getting all the kids involved. The facilities were also great with a good set of activities to suit all ages.
Head Chef - Holgar Joost was ever present at all meals and always ensured we were well fed and ensured my wife who is vegetarian and the kids were well catered for.
Deputy Manager - Bertrand is a true gentleman.
Main pool - chic and friendly
Beach fantastic around the whole island!
We visited a local island/village which was an eye opener that shows the contrast between true Maldivian life and luxury resorts! We also enjoyed the evening fishing trip and the boat trip to look for dolphins although on our trip we didn't get to see any! To be fair they did warn us of this and suggested a 50/50 chance of sighting dolphins. Still and enjoyable boat ride.
Sea life was great but not as good as other places I have been in the past. We did a little snorkelling which was great and even when just in the water fish would come and swim all around us including an occasional small black fin shark!
Some minor criticisms:
After 14 days - the food does get a little boring. We ate at the buffet and 3-4 occasions at Jing - which is great but again has a limited menu so gets a little repetitive with little choice for vegetarians - although on two evenings they did cook a special vegetarian meal for my wife. Meeru was not suitable for us as my wife is vegetarian and this is a beach barbeque restaurant offering.
In addition all chefs appear to be from the indian subcontinent and some were not willing to provide for anything off the menu unless told to do so by the Head chef. Also watching the chef trying to make a shwarma was quite amusing - certainly out of his comfort zone!
Some people were on an all inclusive deal which is something that we prefer with young kids but this appeared to be on offer only to the Japanese guests! Why? The extras are very expensive and paying $5 for de-salinised water - not mineral water - is a little rough especially as it is provided free in the room! One lunchtime I ordered traditional "bangers and mash" but was give a German sausage and a tiny amount of mash for $24!!! - not what it says one the menu as it was described as an English dish.
Service - generally good but most especially around the bar did not appear to be interested other that Daniel.

Overall we had a great holiday - I would recommend Halaveli to others and would consider staying again although it appears that most repeat visitors to the islands prefer trying a new resort each time and I guess that the lure of new experiences may be too much.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Warm and sunny greetings from Constance Halaveli!
I am so happy to hear that your check in was smooth and that you found the family beach villa to be ideal!
Thank you for letting us know about the problems with the TV, however I am happy to hear that our team was so quick to assist.
It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the private plunge pool and the beach, your own private paradise.
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our Kids Club staff, Chef Holger, and our Executive Assistant Manager Bertrand Blanchet; all were thrilled to hear from you!
Our dive and water sports center team was delighted to hear that you enjoyed you’re your Local Island Visit and the Dolphin Adventure excursion.
I am sorry to hear that you did not find enough variety, please allow me to inform you that we are always happy to prepare something on request, however some items might need some prior notice.
We do have an all-inclusive package which is offered only for very short term guests, 2-4 nights. Typically, it is easier for Asian guests to visit for that amount of time as they are geographically closer, which is what you observed.
Regarding your comments about the bar service and Daniel, I thank you for your feedback and I am happy to share that we have recently hired a new Bar Manager who we are enthusiastic about continuing improvement throughout that area.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback with us, and we look forward to welcoming you again; hopefully shortly!
Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed at this resort with my husband for our honeymoon,

we planned our trip online with Atoll Paradise which gave us GREAT service.

we spent 4 wonderful nights at water villa number 66, which had a private pool, and i was very happy to stay at the villa on the right side, for which it gave us more privacy, (those on the left side are more exposed to other guests on the beach and/or snorkeling)
i enjoyed snorkeling so much, it was my very first time, and it was amazing,
ive taken my first diving class at their diving center (after watching the tutorial in my room), they were so professional, and i was so excited to get the chance to so, it was on my list to do!
after my training class, we went for a real dive, 12 m below the surface, and i must say, it felt incredible, i just forgot all about the world, i just let go of thinking!

i truly wished i could go on another diving trip the next day (deeper with more chances to see sharks) but unfortunately i had an early flight the day after that. and i knew i need to stay on land for at least 24 hours after diving before getting on any flight.

prices for the training course and the real dive were ($187 and $11) respectively, but you will be charged for service which is one thing that disturbed me,
all prices are subject to service charge which is (i think) is about 9%.
so keep that in mind =)

as for the spa, my husband and i tried their massage session, for which we paid $135+ and another $20+ for my manicure,

i LOVE it.... you can simply watch the fish swim under your massage bed, through a glass floor,
feeling relaxed, you will certainly enjoy the massage!

after your session, you are escorted back to the spa reception, and are complimented with a tray of tea and fruits, such a pampering treatment!

we had our daily breakfast and dinner at the Jahaz, and both the food and service were great, however, i wished that the breakfast menu had a better variety for the guests, but it was all good.
(i LOVED the Asian buffet)!!!!!

you get the daily schedule for the resort, where you can choose from the free of charge activities, and/or the chargeable ones.... you also know which restaurant is open for dinner that day.
i really wanted to get onto the Dolphin Adventure, but then i knew from the lady at the reception that we only look for them, (we don't swim, nor touch them), and there's a chance that we will not see a single dolphin. so i thought that will be a waste of money since the trip was expensive.

they had the daily fogging (for insects and mosquitoes) from 5:30-6:30

i enjoyed watching the fish feeding at the diving center, it was a great experience,

i loved how Ray (fish) would swim so close to the beach everyday around sunset! and i got super excited to see a baby white shark near the beach, it looked and was so friendly!

i really wanted to try their picnic package on a deserted island or sandbank with a deluxe picnic basket, but there was so much to do, and so little time,

we had a wonderful time.....

oh and i almost forgot, their Lounge at Male' is an 8 Star lounge, food, drinks, and atmosphere are so refreshing after a our flight to the Maldives, and while we waited for our sea plane!

a MUST try!

Room Tip: rooms on the right side (diving center side) have more privacy.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
halaveli-res0rt, General Manager at Constance Halaveli, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

What a pleasure it was to read your comments that you shared with the Trip Advisor community!

I am so pleased to hear that you found the villa with the private plunge pool so wonderful.

Our dive center was thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your experience and insisted that you join us once again to continue the underwater adventure! I am sorry to hear that there was confusion about the service charge, it is added the every item purchased, and is a common practice in the Maldives. I appreciate your understanding.

I have shared your lovely comments about our Spa with the team and they were very happy to hear that you felt utterly pampered during your entire stay.

It is disappointing that there were so many things that you wished to do but could not due to time; however, there is definitely time for another trip!

From all of us here at Constance Halaveli, I would like to thank you for your splendid comments and we look forward to welcoming you again shortly!

london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have just come back from this island, we left on the 19th and we stayed in villa 55. Great villa, spotless with no signs of any insects at all. You didn't see the sunset but you had the benefit of the reef just a short swim from your pontoon which was great - even our 6 year old son could make it over although don't try it at low tide, you get a bit too close to the coral.

we have been back the maldives about 12 times now and stayed at Gili, Fushi, Kanuhura and Laamu. I would say that Constance was really up there with Gili and Fushi. The food was pretty good. Good breakfast and buffets were good. And if our son was not up to what was on offer he could have whatever he wanted (which we only had to do once). the manager in the restaurant is very friendly.

The staff in the dive centre were excellent. They took us for a private snorkelling trip. My son was worried about going to the edge of the reef, it is a bit scary for a 6 year old or even an adult, but we were taken to a really lovely reef and he soon wanted to go to the edge. We also went fishing and dolphin watching - both really good trips and i would particularly recommend the evening fishing !

The kids club is very nice. My son is not really into kids clubs and so we didn't use it a lot but the staff were very nice with the kids and were clearly very patient.

The water villa was really lovely. A real plus and it felt very spacious. I did take a look at one of the two floor villas on the beach wondering if the extra room was worth it; my view is it wasn't and i much preferred the water villa.

The transfer was delayed on the way out but perfect on the way back and it was nice to have a full morning before our flight.

If you are in villa 55 then it is a pretty short stroll down the pontoon so we didn't use buggies that much but this is a very long pontoon and i can see that for some the buggie situation could be a bit of an issue.

Couple of small issues. The guys around the pool need to up their game a bit. You should really have someone sorting towels out etc and be bringing drinks pretty quickly - also this is a beautiful island but around the pool onto the beach it was a bit sparse.

We had a great week at this hotel. the snorkelling was excellent and if you have a young child i have to say the lagoon would be perfect. There are so few resorts where you can take a young child into the sea easily, certainly not at Laamu or Fushi but here you really can.

I thought Constance did a pretty good job given it is quite a large resort. It does feel like a hotel, which may sound odd as they are all hotels, but i never met the manager and i didn't really get to know anyone; usually we do. But.......pretty good and great if you have children i would say

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guests,

Warm and sunny greetings from Constance Halaveli!

I am elated to hear that you enjoyed not only snorkeling around the island but also on a private trip with our dive center!

Thank you for your wonderful comments about the spacious water villas, I am glad that you enjoyed it!

Thank you for your comments regarding the pool staff, please allow me to share with you that we have just appointed a new Bar and Public Area Manager whose enthusiasm will contribute to a new and exciting experience around the pool and beach area.

It is wonderful to hear that you found our island to be so child friendly. I apologize that I was not able to meet you personally, but promise that on your next stay I will be in touch!

Thank you once more for your feedback and we look forward to having you stay with us once more!

Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We spend 5 days at Constance Halaveli from Aug 19 -23 but found a unhappy experience in the resort. I alreay files a complaint letter to Constance but still without reply. So, I write a comment here. I hope this is my own experience but not reflect the whole.

Before the trip: I had enquired you about the resort 1 week ahead of the trip. But no one replied me after you enquired which resort I stayed.That's made me cannot prepared the trip well.

Accomodation: I stayed first 3 nights at Water Villa (room 55) and the following night at beach vill (room 15). Although the facility is fabolus, the cleaniness of beach villa is terrible. There were sand and dust and ant and cockroach on bed! That made me itchisness and affected my sleep on whole night. However, the water vila is very clean although I also found cockroach there.

Dinning: I joined the all incluscive meal package, the food overall was fine with a wide variety of choice. But sometimes the staff did not deliever the food we ordered that we already waiting for a long time. At Jing restaurant, we ordered one glass of red wine, but the wine cannot come until we completed the dessert ad finally we did not enjoyed that red wine. On the 3rd stay lunch, one of the dessert even not come after I completed the meal for more than half a hour! Although I joined all incluscive meal package, I found that a staff still requested me to pay additional charges if I need a wine when I was having dinner at Meeru. Then, I asked him to provide written menu fot the included drink/wine, but he cannot provided.

Snorkeling: I cannot rent the snorkeling equipment on the first day because the equipment not available. When I rent the snokeling equipment on the 2nd day, the staff told me that all goggle were out of stock and advised me either buy the goggle or come back tomorrow but not garantee whether goggle are available. That is ridiculous!

Reception staff: Staff Meeru greeted us upon check in, she was nice and helpful. However, I found that no one take care us after Meru on vaccation on the 2nd day of my trip. Whenever I called reception and expressed my demand, the staff just told me call me back soon but without returning call! For example, requested to changing room and ask for the departure information. Why I don't have responsible staff during my stay and no staff follow up my request and enquiry although reception promised will call mr back!?That made me feel hopeless and lack of support during the stay. I just wounder if I were mot Asian whether the service will be better? From my observation, the staff treated western the best.

Transportation: The seaplane is OK and the lounge for waitng for sea plane are nice. However, the seaplane delay for half an hour that made me wait at the lounge for 2 hours that waisting time! During the stay, we always used golf car for the tranpostation within the island. However, golf car always not available although we ordered the car and made us always waited for the car more than half an hour that waisitng my time. And sometime, we need to walk by ourself to restaruant be4cause no car. One more thing, the staff of the golf car did not ring our door when come. That made us need to wait outside door for the car. That's experience was not funny.

Strange thing: Upon I checked in beach villa, I found that some snack and drink on the snack bar. But all disappear after I having dinner & back to the villa.

Check out: The nightmare is the last day. It is nice that your resort offer us to check out at 3pm. However, I cannot check out at 3pm because I cannot come back to my room after having lunch due to the heavy rainstorm. I called car to back to the room to pick up luggage but no car available! so, I have to wait for car for more than half an hour even no car. That made me get wet and hurt on the leg during the way I back to villa. When I am back to villa, I of course need to take a shower and changing clothes before check out. Then, I called reception and request to check out later after I ready. The staff reqiested me to leave as soon ss posdible. And so, a man and a lady non-stop call me every 5 minutes and urged me to leave! This is so annoying. The worse is that a staff ring our door and requested us to leave right now. My hubby told him that we already informed the reception, but the guy just said"this is not my fault! I just was informed I have to pick up the luggage and you need to leave the room right now". This showed that your staff lack of communication" Because the staff pushed me to leave, I feel very nervous and made me leave something on the room 15. Now, I want to get back my beach scraft in light blue color with white circle pattern because this is one of the thing I left in the room.

When depature, the staff advised us to take the speed boat but without explaining the risks of taking speed boat. That made me feel very worry and sick during the boat transportation. I even vomited for 7 times and felt sick!

As I really want to get back my beach scraf, appreciate if any staff see this comment and help me to follow up. Anyway, I have already sent e-mail to your e-mail for more than 2 days for the beach scraf but still without reply. Kindly please follow up.

Room Tip: Do't choose my room no of the water villa if you want to seen sunset.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
halaveli-res0rt, General Manager at Constance Halaveli, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your feedback with us and the Trip Advisor community. Please allow me to share with you a bit of information I have gathered.

First and foremost, I apologize that we failed to send an immediate response to your initial written complaint.

I am sorry to hear that you did not find the beach villa up to your standards. Our rooms are serviced by an excellent house-keeping team twice a day and we frequently spray for pest control. I was happy to learn that my team responded immediately and efficiently to your complaints about the room, sending your house keeping host to further assist your needs.

Regarding your dinner at Jing, I have been informed that you enjoyed many courses along with wine pairings. Unfortunately, there was a slight delay in the delivery of the dessert wine but I trust that Louis, our Sommelier, was able to charm you in Cantonese and explain the delay.

Thank you for your warm comments about Miki, our Chinese Guest Relation host who greeted you upon check-in. I am sorry that you felt hopeless during this time, however kindly allow me to share that we have staff from over 30 countries as well as guests from around the world, and we do not show favoritism to guests from any nationality; on the contrary, what makes Halaveli unique is our warm and open arms for all races, nationalities and creeds. I am if there was any delay in our response to you.

Thank you for your concerns about our buggy service. Regretfully, there was some bad weather during your stay and during extreme winds we are not, at times, able to drive the buggies on the jetty as a safety precaution. In addition, please let me add that when picking up guests from villas we will always ring the bell upon arrival.

In regards to your comments about the welcome snacks on arrival, kindly note that as the juice settles and becomes sour over time, they is therefore removed from the room during dinner if not enjoyed upon arrival in order to prevent you from an upset stomach.

Please allow me to share with you that we try as often as possible to adjust the check-out times of our guests to their flight schedules. However, kindly note that as per international hotel standards check-out time is 12.00 and check -in time is 14.00. With a full hotel, I hope you understand that not having sufficient time to service the villa properly results in a delay for entering the villa for our next guests. Please imagine that you were arriving and were forced to wait three to four hours until granted entrance to your villa, I believe you as well, would be very upset.

Unfortunately, the weather again played a roll in the actual departure. As many flights were being cancelled, our front office team wanted to ensure that our guests were able to make their international flights. It is true that we advised a speed boat be taken in order to avoid this, however please allow me to share that all departing guests had the situation explained to them and had the option to decline. (Kindly note that had you chosen to not take the speed boat, your flight was cancelled and you would have missed your international flight) I am sorry to hear that you were made ill by the rough sea, and certainly hope that you are feeling better now!

We have done a thorough check of your villa for your blue scarf; unfortunately we have not been able to locate it in order to send you. As a gesture of goodwill, I would like to send you a beautiful blue scarf from our boutique. Kindly email us your address and we would be delighted to mail it to you.

Thank you again for all of your feedback, it will certainly allow us to grow as a team, and I hope that some of our comments help you to feel a bit more at ease about your stay with us. Please let me personally know should you need any further assistance.

Warmest regards,

Renato W. Chizzola

Been to Constance Halaveli? Share your experiences!