“Nice Motel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Whakatane
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Nice Motel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is the first time i have been to this motel it is very nice. The motel is very new so everything is in good condition nice thick carpet sky TV big showers and a good size bed heat pumps in the room as well. The owners were fast and very pleasant . This place i would definitely recommend it is on a main road but very quiet good parking right out side of your room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Waikato
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Beautifully presented rooms with attention to detail on all the little luxuries that make up the big picture - tastefully decorated, spacious with easy access to all the mod cons. Comfort extreme! Opportunity to sit inside or outside as each room is provided with outside seating. What a nice way to spend my evening after a long day of travel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Auckland, NZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Traveled to Whakatane on business and had been recommended this motel. I arrived and it took no time for Rhonda to get me my key and show me my room. I was very impressed. It was nice to have such a warm and modern room, with the space to be able to work. The kitchen and bathroom facilities were great and looked new, as did the rest of the decor. The bed and bedding was lovely and clean and crisp and very comfortable. I wont hesitate to book again in a few months when I pass through again. Although i didn't use the motel also offers free WiFi which is a nice bonus.

Room Tip: As i booked at the least minute I had the room closest to the main road. I was told this was a littl...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is a beautiful, modern and clean hotel in Whakatane. Which, by the way, is a place we felt was well worth visiting. The hotel room was very well equiped and the rooms were huge. Also the jacuzzi in the bathroom was very welcome after a whole day out on and under the water. As was the gas barbecue outside our patio windows, where we cooked the fish we caught off the coast. The only downside is that the hotel is a little out of town - it is walkable but takes a good 30-40 minutes. Having said that, with a car it is very close to shops, garages and restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Oak Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

The service at this hotel was excellent. Jason greeted me with a smile and check-in was very fast. When my wife and I got to our room, we found it to be large and comfortable. The bathroom had a Jacuzzi-style tub and modern fixtures. The hotel is a bit removed from the downtown area along a long stretch of other motels. We obviously did not stay in any of the others, but I can't imagine any of them being as good as this one.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

It was a pleasure to stay in this motel. I read on here it was good and I was pleasantly surprised to find a new brand new motel. Clean, modern, tidy, good tv, comfy bed. Breakfast is great. Very happy and fussy camper.
Highly Recommended

Room Tip: All the rooms look great, I was in 14 and it was very good.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We had a great stay at this motel. Our room was clean, nicely decorated and spacious, kitchenette was an awesome addition as we like to cook our own breakfasts. Also we liked those little touches like premium tea and coffee (especially that coffee disk for the coffee plunger!) which made us smile one more time! Bed was comfy and we had a good sleep. No traffic noise at all.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to 37 The Landing Motel? Share your experiences!