“Great value, lovely location - worth putting yourself out to get there” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Caribbean Dream

You added Villa Caribbean Dream to your Saves list
Villa Caribbean Dream
Moule a Chique, Vieux Fort, St. Lucia   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Vieux Fort B&B and Inns
guyana
“Great value, lovely location - worth putting yourself out to get there”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Doug368's review nicely encapsulates our experience too. The villa is in a quiet and reasonably remote setting, but if you're fit and don't mind a 15 minute stroll to Vieux Fort it's a perfect location. Brigitte readily offered us lifts when she was going to the beach/on errands, so we never felt cut off despite not having a hire car.

Beautiful house and well-equipped kitchen. Mai house (cheaper) rooms compact but nicely laid out. Chalet and garden rooms also available. Dogs were no problem at all - not smelly or intrusive so fear not on that count. Brigitte is very friendly and welcoming; yes, she's hoping to sell on the business and is open about her struggles to maintain the high standards at the villa. We found it refreshing to stay with an accessible and helpful hostess and would recommend a stay here 'away from the madding crowd'.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Loxwood
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

If you're an independent traveller who would rather keep away from the busy tourist areas and inclusive resorts this is an ideal place to stay and Doug368's review is 'spot on'.

Brigitte made us feel very welcome to her home and was helpful in organising things such as car hire and visits to the lovely Balenbouche estate as well as suggesting places to visit or eat. Unless you intend spending everyday on the beach a hire car is highly recommended; nowhere on the island is more than an interesting 1.5 hrs drive away.

Room Tip: Can highly recommend the Creole House.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

Villa Caribbean Dream is owned and managed by Brigitte, a long-time German expat, who (contrary to another review) speaks perfect English. She has a couple of fairly large but very friendly dogs for security. I personally did not notice any smell from them and if they barked it did not wake me, though I tend to be a light sleeper. It’s easy being lulled to sleep by the sound of tree frogs, an exquisite experience you may miss in many of the all-inclusives.

The guest house is located about half way up the Moule a Chique, the long extinct volcano that forms the southernmost cape of St. Lucia. A short hike up to the lighthouse will give you stunning views of both the Atlantic and the Caribbean at the same time. From Brigitte’s porch you will have a great view of the Pitons, the most noted landmarks in St. Lucia.

It is rather hard to find for a first time visitor, but Brigitte will arrange to meet you at the beach by the airport and guide or take you there personally. The guest house is in a quiet neighbourhood of Vieux Fort, well away from the town and beach, but if you make the choice you will be rewarded with a real gem of a guest house, clean, bright, airy and equipped with effective mosquito netting on the beds. There is a full kitchen in the common area and mostly reliable Wi-Fi.

I stayed there three days before Christmas and had no qualms in returning for another two days in January. Brigitte is in fact looking to sell her guest house so she can retire in comfort but she does not impose, is always friendly and will make you feel at home, even when conditions get a little challenging.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

I visited Villa Caribbean Dream in Vieux Fort a few years ago, after finding the guesthouse randomly on the internet. That visit was 4 very relaxing days lazing on the veranda watching the birds, visiting the local bar by the beach, The Reef and enjoying time with Villa CD'd owner, Brigitte.
I couldn't wait to go back with my bf and did so just a week ago during a 2 week Caribbean trip....so I did even more lazy days, filling up each morning with Brigitte's unique breakfast and meeting up with familiar faces too.
I cannot wait to return to de-stress and breathe in the calm surroundings, comfortable rooms and wonderful host!

Room Tip: All rooms are fan only which I prefer, don't expect A/C. The self catering apartments are beauti...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

Such a beautiful place, for a reasonable price. A relief, when I thought all Caribbean paradise guest houses like this were out of my price range, I stumbled upon Brigitte's house. She made me feel at home, like her house was mine. We even had our own kitchen to cook in, a very rare thing in the Caribbean. It's remoteness is the reason for the beautiful quiet relaxing surroundings, but also means the shops and beach are a bit of a walk away. But the half hour walk is a small price to pay. And Brigitte was kind enough to pick me up with my bags and deliver me back to the airport at the end of my stay. I wish I'd stayed longer and I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Port of Spain, Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

Arrived into St Lucia and spent three days totally de-stressing from the quiet beautiful surroundings of the villa..hanging out on the deck with the amazing view of the ocean. The owner Brigitte, was helpful in making us feel as though her home was our home. She also offered us lifts to the beach and helped us in terms of doing stuff in the area. Good place if you want to do absolutely nothing and just relax.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Basel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

We stayed in this guesthouse in january 2009 following a longer trip around the caribbean.
The location is very beautiful, but remote, a car is highly recommened.
Brigitte somehow forgot our pickup at St. Lucia Local Airport at Castries, which was a problem at 11pm...after some discusson with her on the phone she managed to get us a taxi.
As said before, she can be very nice, helpful and cheerful but can change to almost unfriendly and complaining about how much work she has. First thing in the morning, after we arrived in the night, was if we would know some rich Europeans who would buy her guesthouse because she is sick of the work...not what you like to hear when you are on vacation.
For the dogs, everything is true, they do smell and bark. For us staying in one of the cottages the smell was an issue.
Pro: cheap considering St. Lucia, cooking possible, laid back athmosphere, other guests, Kite Surf and Reef Restaurant
Contra: sometimes the owner, need car, dogs bark at night

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
caribdreams, Owner at Villa Caribbean Dream, responded to this review, March 23, 2011
What a surprise to hear from this couple after more than two (2) years! Also a surprise are the negative comments when they have NEVER been brought to my attention while staying with us. As far as I remember – and it has been 2 (!) years – I have never forgotten to order a pick-up for guests in Castries – especially so late in the night. Cannot honestly say what kind of mix-up might have happened there.
The comment about me saying I am overworked and needing somebody rich to buy my business was obviously a joke! Sadly they have missed that!!
I am surprised that the dogs have troubled them so much as they rented the cottage, which is separate and away from the main house. So I wonder, why they then came to the main house lounge, if they were so disturbed by the “smell” of the dogs. Was it just to find something to complain about after 2 years?
I would like to point out, that I have 2 dogs for security of myself, my guests (most of whom are very affectionate to my dogs!) and my property, which is very common here in the Caribbean. Perhaps those guests should have considered to stay in a more sterile environment like an “All-inclusive” resort,- which of course would cost much more. These are the choices you make,… one can’t have everything!

Been to Villa Caribbean Dream? Share your experiences!