“My experience of Villa Caribbean Dream” 5 of 5 stars

Villa Caribbean Dream
Moule a Chique, Vieux Fort, St. Lucia   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Vieux Fort B&B and Inns
London
“My experience of Villa Caribbean Dream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

Such a beautiful place, for a reasonable price. A relief, when I thought all Caribbean paradise guest houses like this were out of my price range, I stumbled upon Brigitte's house. She made me feel at home, like her house was mine. We even had our own kitchen to cook in, a very rare thing in the Caribbean. It's remoteness is the reason for the beautiful quiet relaxing surroundings, but also means the shops and beach are a bit of a walk away. But the half hour walk is a small price to pay. And Brigitte was kind enough to pick me up with my bags and deliver me back to the airport at the end of my stay. I wish I'd stayed longer and I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Port of Spain, Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

Arrived into St Lucia and spent three days totally de-stressing from the quiet beautiful surroundings of the villa..hanging out on the deck with the amazing view of the ocean. The owner Brigitte, was helpful in making us feel as though her home was our home. She also offered us lifts to the beach and helped us in terms of doing stuff in the area. Good place if you want to do absolutely nothing and just relax.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Basel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

We stayed in this guesthouse in january 2009 following a longer trip around the caribbean.
The location is very beautiful, but remote, a car is highly recommened.
Brigitte somehow forgot our pickup at St. Lucia Local Airport at Castries, which was a problem at 11pm...after some discusson with her on the phone she managed to get us a taxi.
As said before, she can be very nice, helpful and cheerful but can change to almost unfriendly and complaining about how much work she has. First thing in the morning, after we arrived in the night, was if we would know some rich Europeans who would buy her guesthouse because she is sick of the work...not what you like to hear when you are on vacation.
For the dogs, everything is true, they do smell and bark. For us staying in one of the cottages the smell was an issue.
Pro: cheap considering St. Lucia, cooking possible, laid back athmosphere, other guests, Kite Surf and Reef Restaurant
Contra: sometimes the owner, need car, dogs bark at night

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
caribdreams, Owner at Villa Caribbean Dream, responded to this review, March 23, 2011
What a surprise to hear from this couple after more than two (2) years! Also a surprise are the negative comments when they have NEVER been brought to my attention while staying with us. As far as I remember – and it has been 2 (!) years – I have never forgotten to order a pick-up for guests in Castries – especially so late in the night. Cannot honestly say what kind of mix-up might have happened there.
The comment about me saying I am overworked and needing somebody rich to buy my business was obviously a joke! Sadly they have missed that!!
I am surprised that the dogs have troubled them so much as they rented the cottage, which is separate and away from the main house. So I wonder, why they then came to the main house lounge, if they were so disturbed by the “smell” of the dogs. Was it just to find something to complain about after 2 years?
I would like to point out, that I have 2 dogs for security of myself, my guests (most of whom are very affectionate to my dogs!) and my property, which is very common here in the Caribbean. Perhaps those guests should have considered to stay in a more sterile environment like an “All-inclusive” resort,- which of course would cost much more. These are the choices you make,… one can’t have everything!
Surrey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2010

The views from the villa are stunning. The breakfasts are fabulous and the other guests are always interesting. Brigitte is, as has been mentioned, mercurial, wonderfully hospitable at times. Fortunately we love dogs as they do wander loose and this could be a problem if you don't like dogs, or the smells they create in the house. This is a great place to stay to use as a base for kite surfing, but it is remote, the only place worth eating at is the Reef, so there's not a lot of variety. We were troubled by the mosquitoes which seemed to find a way through the mosquito nets on the windows and around the bed.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

Upon arrival in Castries we were met by the lovely Brigette. She kindly made a stop at the local supermarket so we could pick up a few supplies.

The house has the most beautiful sea views as well as being a great vantage point for the Pitons! It's hard to imagine a nicer setting on the island.

Our room was very comfortable and clean and Brigette's ample veranda was a perfect spot to enjoy a cold beer at sunset. We stayed in the annex which feels quite separate from the main house and has a small kitchen allowing you to cook your own food if you wish. Also worth noting that you can buy cold drinks at the house for a very reasonable price.

Within walking distance you have access to the most beautiful beach which is also very good for kitesurfing, we didn't try it but it rents out all the equipment there. And there is a beach bar which serves good food.

Brigette made a wonderful hostess and really made an effort to make us feel welcome, as did everybody we were introduced to.

All in all a great little spot and a great price, we only wish we could have stayed a lot longer! We would highly recommend this spot, especially given value for money. Thank very much Brigette!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

When we first arrived i was taken back by how beautiful the house was. Perched on a high hill looking out to sea the views are stunning. The house itself is both roomy and cosy with a lovely large balcony. Our room was very nice. Comfy bed and great view. The other guests were all interesting and we spent many an evening talking into the night on the balcony. There's a great communal feel.
However there were a few problems overall. If you are without a car i would not recommend this place. You pay a price for those stunning views when you realise you can't get down to the beach without almost dying from heat exhaustion. There are no buses nearby so you will have to beg rides off other guests or Brigitte, the owner. Normally however they are very good at helping you out. But an element of much desired freedom is somewhat lost.
Also if ( like me) you are not a fan of dogs, you may have a harder time here. There are around 3-4 big dogs here and the smell in the communal area is r overwhelming. As is the barking at night. We considered dog murder.
Overall though Villa CD is a charming and beautiful guest house. If you have a car and are willing to overlook the dog situation then its perfect. Go for it.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

This was my 1st time staying at the Villa, although I'm a well seasoned travelor to St. Lucia, from the states. I am a "30 something" female, traveling alone. This was an ideal set-up for me. I had privavcy if I wanted, yet I could socialzie with other guests when I choose. She gets a variety of people from all over the world. I learned of the Villa because over the years I've become friends with several great people who were staying there.
I thought all the areas were compfy. The guest kitchen was convient. There is also a full kitchen in the main house, of which the contents (food) belong to the owner. I didn't use any of the amenities of the kitchen. Since the main house is also where the owner lives, it's understandable she has an area for her personal food & condiments.
The owner, Brigitte, is an energetic lady. She is accomidating and pleasant. If you chosse not to interact with the owner, you can also spend your time there, and not see her or her staff much. She's very nice and appears to be well known & liked in the area, Vieux Fort, Moule-a-Chique.
There is a great kite surfing site on the beach so some of the guests may be staying to check it out. The two guest houses are nice, and again, you can choose to have complete privacy. She serves a great breakfast on the deck, which provides an oppourtnuit to talk to the other guests. Overall, I really liked the Villa Caribbean Dream, and plan on staying there again. I also want to mention Nolita, who works for Brigitte. She's very sweet and helpful if you need anything.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo

Been to Villa Caribbean Dream? Share your experiences!