“Good all-inclusive near the airport!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa

You added Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   PO Box 246, Beanfield, Vieux Fort, St. Lucia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save Up to 50% on Winter!
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Vieux Fort
Staten Island, New York
“Good all-inclusive near the airport!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Went here last year with my family and had a great time. Loved that it basically was next door to the airport so it was literally a 2 minute drive from the airport!

The bartenders at this place were awesome. Sean, Melton, and Mitch especially! By the second time we went up to them on the first day, they knew what drinks we wanted. All had a smile of their face and were fun! Pools and resort kept clean. Loved the tables in the pool with umbrellas...plenty of shaded areas if you like getting away from the sun a bit plus a cool place to hang out with your drinks to meet people.

Food was pretty good, better than other all-inclusives I have been to. Loved that the grill was right next to the pool bar, so as soon as I wanted a quick bite I could jump out and get something, no need to dry off or anything! And that food was awesome, had some good wraps, burgers, fries, pizza, anything really!

The beach was really rocky and since it was on the Atlantic side of the island it was rough waters, we didn't go in the water or spend time on the beach really at all the whole time. So if you're a beach person that might be a downer, but we only really spend time at the pool bar or playing pool volleyball anyway!

LOVED the hammocks poolside right by the beach! Took a nap in one of those babies every day. The breeze off the water kept you nice and cool in them and kept the bugs away at night!

I went on a ziplining excursion with my father and sister and loved it! I felt safe the whole time and we got the coolest views of the rainforest. I even felt safe enough to take some pictures as I was zipping! My whole family (mom, dad, sister) did another excursion of the waterfalls, volcano, and hot spring mud baths, which was AWESOME, felt soooo good! They also took us snorkeling at Sugar Beach, which has an inlet so it's nice calm waters as opposed to the resort. St. Lucia is truly a beautiful island and this excursion really lets you see it all! Only thing that was a downer about this excursion -- since St. Lucia is very hilly and has a lot of cliffs, the van ride was veryyyy nauseating. I've never been one to get carsick, but I came pretty close a couple of times. *bad memories* but I didn't let it ruin my day!

My sister and I also paid Paintball on the property! That was fun, except the person who runs it didn't show up until 45 minutes after we were supposed to start. However, he was very apologetic and compensated by giving us extra paintballs and time, which was extremely nice.

Now the rooms -- they need work. I felt like I was in the 80s just by looking at the TV. Listen, on vacation the only time I am in the room is to get ready for dinner and to sleep, but you still gotta be modern at least a litle bit. The beds weren't really that comfortable, and the room was got at night.

Right off of the balcony outside of our room was a big lawn that they had donkeys just chilling on. They were very friendly donkeys, I must say, and they love apples! There were some cats on the property that were very creepy and looked sickly to the point where I had to start choosing different routes back to my room to avoid them. Also, lots of frogs at night which means no walking on the grass late at night.

Activities at the pool: there was a sign up sheet, but it never seemed that the staff really got the games going. You basically showed up and if it happened, it happened.

The nightlife really wasn't that great either, with the exception of karaoke night, which still ended at 10pm, and then there was nothing else to do.

Very nice place overall, pretty good bang for your buck!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (975)
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I have been to Cocount Bay resort twice in the past 4 months, once with my friends and once solo and plan on going back next year with friends again. The place is paradise. The beach is beautiful and not over crowded. The resort is great. I travel a lot and it is the best resort I have been to. I loved the swim up bar Mogan Classe makes the best frozen mudslide! Mitch was awesome at the bar on the adult side of the resort. His specialty is the Dirty Banana! You must try it if you are there. Javid Mitchel was awesome he talked me in to going down the water slide. Something I did not see myself doing! The staff goes out of their way to make you feel at home and do thngs you didn't think you would! Vickey and Hilia were awesome to. I can't say enough great things about the resort. There's always something going on to keep you busy. The food is amazing. Highly recommend trying all of the restaurants for dinner. They were all 5 star! From the minute you check in to the minute you leave you will have the best service ever! My friends and me can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: I have had rooms on the ground floor both times I went on the Harmony side. Very quiet, they have a...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Long Island, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Just got back from spending a week at Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa. Had a wonderful time, it was hard to leave!! The staff was excellent, they went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. The food was excellent, enjoyed the Coconut Walk Buffet, always a nice variety of food. Had breakfast there everyday. They have a French Toast Station where Emme (she's such a sweet hard working woman) makes her own syrup with bananas & cinnamon. To die for, it's delicious! Had it everyday for breakfast!! Calabash was another favorite, everything was delicious. Enjoyed them all!! Resort has lots to do. We enjoyed relaxing on the beach where there was always a nice breeze, watching the white caps, and people trying the water sports.They were having a seaweed problem recently, some days were worse then others, they kept the beach clean all the time. Pools are very nice, clean, very well kept. Enjoyed the Lazy River in the Water Park, really enjoyed the Spa. They offer a lot of services, went for 2 massages, one inside and one outside. Both very relaxing and enjoyable, loved the outside one, listening to the waves, it was awesome. We stayed on the Splash Side, which is the Family side. Rooms were really kept very clean, beds so comfortable!! Rooms need a little facelift,they're a little dated but clean & comfortable. We had a second floor ocean view which was so nice. Overall, the resort is wonderful, would definitely go back and highly recommend it. Had a very relaxing wonderful experience!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Mark H, General Manager at Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Hello Long Island and Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are thrilled you enjoyed Coconut Bay and St Lucia. We appreciate all of your comments and I will pass your praise along to Emme she is a star!

Daytona Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Great resort very close to airport, fast free shuttle service, all inclusive at very resonable cost.
Very fast and helpful check-in service, Great clean and modern rooms, Excellent food and drinks at multiple locations. Live entertainment nightly. Fantistic Saturday nignt BBQ outside.
Very relaxing, plenty of water features and other activies to keep you entertained. Car rental available on site. Will return soon.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Big Dog...thanks for the stay and your review, The team is grateful for your comments...we hope to host you again real soon

Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband spent a week there for our honeymoon.we had a blast there the staff and service was out standing , the food was awesome the grounds were beautiful ,and we were surprised with seeing there new petting zoo. they have a great variety of excursions and fun things to do on property loved the lazy river. we will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2014
Hello Daytona Beach...Congratulations on your wedding and thank you for choosing Coconut Bay for your honeymoon. We are so happy that you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you back for your anniversary!

Dover, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We had an awesome time at Coconut Bay and resort. We were on our 16 wedding anniversary and we couldn't have chosen a better place. The hospitality was excellent. Everyone was went out of their way to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. To that I would say they excelled. The food was great, plenty to do, on the resort and off. If you want a quite, relaxing vacation then this is the place. It is just a short distance from the airport. Trips to the northern part of the island are available. With being on the Atlantic side the water is a little more choppy then the northern part and there is a lot less noise. If you are into the club scene then the northern resorts maybe for you.

Room Tip: This resort is set up for family and couples. Each section is far enough away to interfere with each...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Richard...thanks for celebrating your anniversary with us here at Coconut Bay...we truly appreciate the opportunity to host you. Our staff love to make people feel special and I am glad you felt that way...
We hope to see you again soon

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Just home from a 7 night stay. My wife and I visited for our 20th wedding anniversary, and this was our first all-inclusive experience.
We were pleased with every part of Coconut Bay Resort. The second floor room was affordable and comfortable. The food was tasty and plentiful. Drinks were available for anyone 18 and older, only possible fault here is limited beer selection and you have to go to the bar for drinks, Only time drinks are brought to you are meal times. Overall, a solid value for travelers.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Jon and thanks for your stay and your review. We appreciate your comments and are pleased you enjoyed your stay. St Lucia has one brewery and it produces 2 varieties of beer Piton and Heineken. We make every effort to support our local suppliers and community employment. That is why we carry these two brands of beer.

Thanks again for your stay and we hope to see you back soon!
Mark

Been to Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!