Went here last year with my family and had a great time. Loved that it basically was next door to the airport so it was literally a 2 minute drive from the airport!
The bartenders at this place were awesome. Sean, Melton, and Mitch especially! By the second time we went up to them on the first day, they knew what drinks we wanted. All had a smile of their face and were fun! Pools and resort kept clean. Loved the tables in the pool with umbrellas...plenty of shaded areas if you like getting away from the sun a bit plus a cool place to hang out with your drinks to meet people.
Food was pretty good, better than other all-inclusives I have been to. Loved that the grill was right next to the pool bar, so as soon as I wanted a quick bite I could jump out and get something, no need to dry off or anything! And that food was awesome, had some good wraps, burgers, fries, pizza, anything really!
The beach was really rocky and since it was on the Atlantic side of the island it was rough waters, we didn't go in the water or spend time on the beach really at all the whole time. So if you're a beach person that might be a downer, but we only really spend time at the pool bar or playing pool volleyball anyway!
LOVED the hammocks poolside right by the beach! Took a nap in one of those babies every day. The breeze off the water kept you nice and cool in them and kept the bugs away at night!
I went on a ziplining excursion with my father and sister and loved it! I felt safe the whole time and we got the coolest views of the rainforest. I even felt safe enough to take some pictures as I was zipping! My whole family (mom, dad, sister) did another excursion of the waterfalls, volcano, and hot spring mud baths, which was AWESOME, felt soooo good! They also took us snorkeling at Sugar Beach, which has an inlet so it's nice calm waters as opposed to the resort. St. Lucia is truly a beautiful island and this excursion really lets you see it all! Only thing that was a downer about this excursion -- since St. Lucia is very hilly and has a lot of cliffs, the van ride was veryyyy nauseating. I've never been one to get carsick, but I came pretty close a couple of times. *bad memories* but I didn't let it ruin my day!
My sister and I also paid Paintball on the property! That was fun, except the person who runs it didn't show up until 45 minutes after we were supposed to start. However, he was very apologetic and compensated by giving us extra paintballs and time, which was extremely nice.
Now the rooms -- they need work. I felt like I was in the 80s just by looking at the TV. Listen, on vacation the only time I am in the room is to get ready for dinner and to sleep, but you still gotta be modern at least a litle bit. The beds weren't really that comfortable, and the room was got at night.
Right off of the balcony outside of our room was a big lawn that they had donkeys just chilling on. They were very friendly donkeys, I must say, and they love apples! There were some cats on the property that were very creepy and looked sickly to the point where I had to start choosing different routes back to my room to avoid them. Also, lots of frogs at night which means no walking on the grass late at night.
Activities at the pool: there was a sign up sheet, but it never seemed that the staff really got the games going. You basically showed up and if it happened, it happened.
The nightlife really wasn't that great either, with the exception of karaoke night, which still ended at 10pm, and then there was nothing else to do.
Very nice place overall, pretty good bang for your buck!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 85 acres, Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa offers two worlds in one prominent oceanfront setting along St. Lucia's exotic south coast. Located closest to the international airport and the island's most exciting attractions, this all-inclusive resort features: 250 air-conditioned rooms, 4 restaurants, 6 bars, 5 pools, 1 mile of beach, complete fitness centre, oceanfront spa, the island's largest waterpark, supervised Kidz Klub, paintball, kitesurfing, daily activities, nightly entertainment and much more! Designed to please all ages, this casually Caribbean, incredibly all-inclusive retreat is perfect for singles, families, couples, weddings or honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Bay Resort St Lucia
- Coconut St Lucia
- St Lucia Coconut Bay Resort
- Coconut Bay Resort All Inclusive
- Spa Coconut Bay
- Resort Coconut Bay
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Resort Spa St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa St. Lucia/Vieux Fort