“Relaxing resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa

You added Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   PO Box 246, Beanfield, Vieux Fort, St. Lucia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save Up to 50% on Winter!
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Vieux Fort
Cypress, Texas
“Relaxing resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Great food but the ocean was choppy so we could not get in, but we met a guy name Johnson who took us around the entire island for a $100 and it was beautiful. The best time was the experience of the mud bath and the volcano..the resort had great food but the hi light was the bartenders Sherma and Kerdy they are better than the men as for as a great drink.. Overall a great place minus the kids

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (975)
Port of Spain, Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Where do i start off??? So many things running through my head right now, the lazy river, the swim up bar, the free wifi, the friendly staff, the great food.. I would like to thank every member of coconut bay resort for making my honeymoon extra special. 2014 i will be back for sure this time with my kids. coconutbay i give you two thumbs way up. I hope on my return it will be the same, i felt at home. my husband and i was always in some kind of argument because he wanted to hand out at the adults bar with mitch and i would always prefer the entertainment from corry, kay, andrea and the mighty skeete. These guys had me laughing all day. Especially corry all he could talk about was " bounty " thankfully he have me his secret recipe for his all time famous drink " the spirit " unfortunately as i departed on saturday there was no " the spirit " because of the shortage of bounty rum, i could have seen corry and skeete trying their best, walkinh up and down the hotel in search of it, but failed in the ending. I would like to commend seever at the beach grill, always had a problem pronouncing her name but thankfully i got it in the ending. Also like to thank our room cleaner, at this moment i forgot her name which i apologize for, but she was the dark in complexion with short hair, hope to see you all again. And last but not least i guess due to experience im gonna say dont leave the hotel with any gadgets / electronics ,some guy snatched my phone and ran away at a close by beach. 2014 we look forward to seeing mitch, skeete, corry, andrea, seever, kay and our special room cleaner. Cant wait to get a hold of " the spirit " again. Thank you coconut bay and staff

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I went to Coconut Bay resort for 11 days and had a great time there. I found ALL of the staff were so friendly and helpful. The resort was always clean however, we did have to ask a few times for our rooms to be cleaned. The food was lovely and they had a different selection everyday. I'm fourteen and came out here with my family and a problem we had was with the entertainment. They had a kids club which my 3 younger siblings went to nearly everyday as they always had a selection of different activities going on and they also had Kayaking and another water activity on the beach which was available for most people, however I only found out on my last day (due to a friend who told me) that the Kayaking was free. During the day they had a few activities going on around the pool and beach for teenagers/adults to do which was great, but at night time I found the entertainment a little poor. They had a few "themed nights" and the bars were open which was good for the adults but there was nothing to do for teenagers. My brother (who is sixteen) and I were usually back at the room with the rest of my family by 8:30pm. They had two pool tables which were usually occupied, but that's it. The WIFI in the lobby was free so we used that a lot. But apart from the fact that we had nothing to do at night, the holiday was amazing and I can't complain anymore. For any families that want to take there children I can't recommend it more. The watersides and Lazy River were good fun too. And it was only a five minute transfer to and from the airport!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Mark H, General Manager at Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Hi Chloe;
Thank you for writing your review. We are glad you enjoyed your holiday. Thank you for the comments on the Teen activities. It is comments like this that allow us to plan and create entertainment and activities for all. I am happy to say that our Teens hangout is in the planning stages and we hope tohave it open in the very near future. It was comments like yours that told us we need to add this.
So thank you and we hope to see you again.

Cheers
Mark
Vieux Fort, St. Lucia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

The water aerobics were all we needed for our daily workout as Vernon really put us through our paces. He made it seem like great fun and he is a real asset to the resort. Keep dancing Vernon.
Our maids name was Pearl and she really enhanced our stay with her gentle ways and daily notes
All of the wait staff were outstanding. They were enthusiastic and made us feel right at home.
The kiting and windsurfing centre is great, excellent instructors, a terrific and safe place to learn kiting (did not go windsurfing, too much fun learning to kite!). The kiting area is uncrowded making it perfect for learning.
Lesson and rental rates are very reasonable and equipment is very good. All in all, the best place I found in the Caribbean.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Run run run don't stay at the coconut bay unless you like the smell of mould hair in the shower and just about everywhere else. I can't forget the food cause I didn't enjoy my holiday on the toilet with a bad tummy. The hotel has donkey for the kid to see which are not cared the only good thing a could say about this hotel is the fitness instructor great classes very friendly young man

Stayed December 2013
Dear Cele...Our goal is to provide our guests wiht a fantastic holiday. We take all of our guest feedback very seriously as it shapes us and helps us to continue to improve. And yes dear readers we do TAKE IT PERSONALLY, each one of us...thats the passion we put into our commitment to ensuring you have a great holiday.... Cele I apologize we did not meet your expectations for your holiday. But then I read the other 4 hotels you have submitted reviews for and it seems nobody has met your expectations - Marriot in Cancun received a "2" from you for dirty rooms and hair, The St James Club in Antigua received a "1" from you for "hair everywhere", The Hilton in Barbados received a "2" for dirty dusty rooms and finally the RITZ Carlton reveived a "1".

I sincerely hope that in your frequent travels you are able to find a holiday destination that meets your expectations and makes you happy. I am sorry it could not be Coconut Bay.

We wish you the best in your search.

KCCO
Mark
Iowa City, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

I visited the resort the first week of December. The resort did not have our reservation but once we showed proof of our reservation to accommodate us they upgraded our room. The rooms are nice - not luxurious but very clean with good beds and a nice balcony. Be aware of the water when taking a shower - it goes from great extremes of hot and cold. Great view of the ocean. Stayed on the Harmony side where it was nice and quiet. The food is great and drinks are plentiful and most importantly they did not hold back on the alcohol. The resort has three specialty restaurants that require reservations but food is also very good there. The water park has two slides and a lazy river - so simple but nice. I didn't like the lazy river because it has water fall you have to go under. You can't just go on a lazy ride. There was great entertainment every night. Free beach sports and kayaking and they were very helpful. The people at the front desk were always very helpful and nice. I got a spa treatment and it was wonderful. If you have a chance I'd highly recommend it. There were lots of families and couples there. Great place for a vacation whether you are a couple or a family.

Room Tip: Higher room on the Harmony side is best if you don't have children.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

St Lucia is great - Go there!
We choose this hotel mainly for the 5 min airport transfer, which is a great bonus, but this hotel has so much more to offer. It has loads of facilities, and space - never felt crowded or needed to wait for a Sunbed or to use anything at all - total relaxation. The slides & lazy river are great fun, the pools are good. Food is awesome, drinks likewise - the dirty banana & coconut cloud are must try's! The best thing about this hotel however is the staff - they really do make the place. Too many stars to mention by name but these just have to be, Nax,Morgan,Dan on the bars, Tara on panini's, etto & Tyler on breakfast and lunch, Lindy in Calabash & Vernon on Yoga. The best for last the Jimmy special is a must try! Jimmy in the upstairs bar - legend! Although a headache is a likely outcome.
The cons list is short - rooms on the harmony side (where we stayed) are a little dated, think they might be on the refurb list, which seems in full swing (but only mildly annoying) . When it's finished I may be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!