“Welcome Home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Vieux Fort
Ingersoll, Canada
“Welcome Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Just returned from an amazing week at Coconut bay. Please let me start by saying I have never written a comment on trip advisor and feel this place was so special and deserves to be recognized. So if you are still unsure where to vacation read on and I hope I can help you make the right choice. Trust me you can't go wrong with this resort. This was our 24th all inclusive vacation to such places as Antigua,Aruba,Barbados,Cuba, Costa Rica,Dominician,El-Salvador,Mexico, Panama and a few more. This by far was the best all inclusive we have stayed at. I am a very fussy eater and even take my own Heinz ketchup and Ranch salad dressing etc. This is the first country I have ever brought my entire food home as the resort food and condiments where excellent. Your vacation will begin with a short 5 minute transfer from the airport. You will then be greeted with a warm Welcome Home and a nice cool drink. The rooms are very nice and the service is fair beyond what I've ever experienced. All of the staff from house keeping, ground keepers, paradise patrol (security, I love the name), front desk, bartenders and the spa are the friendliest people I have ever met. They are always smiling and are there to ensure you have a great vacation. I have never wanted to stay two weeks away until this vacation, where we could have gladly stayed for a second week. We are planning to return with our grandkids and look forward to playing with them on the splash side of the resort. Shirley our house keeper took very good care of us with lots of towels and water and soft drinks etc stocked daily. Unlike Mexico you even got face clothes everyday (Lol). Shirley left us a personalized note everyday and it was fun to write her back. "Queen Mary" greets you with a big smile every morning at the omelette station and starts your day in paradise off on the right foot. The owner of the resort Butch was at the resort for a staff party and we had the pleasure of meeting him and telling him what special friendly great staff he has working for him. We also met Mark Adams and Mark Hawken the CEO and General Manager. Paul Clauzel the Rooms Division manager has the biggest smile and passion for his job and country and he will ensure you have the best vacation ever. Sorry for the long review, but with such a deserving resort for recognition I hope I have helped you make up your mind to book your vacation in paradise. We have always rated Antigua as our number one favourite with Costa Rica as a close second. St.Lucia has now been moved to the number one favourite destination. Trust me you won't be disappointed and I am looking forward to returning to our new found second home, which we have been searching for in many countries.

Room Tip: Book Now and Enjoy
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (897)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

my wife and I was there for week and we had an amazing time ,the staff members are very respectful and professional always willing to help you.it is a very family friendly environment ,the food was great ,the pools was well maintained and clean ,they make sure that you don't get bored everyday there is many activities for all ages .anyone staying there must visit the spa it was very relaxing .I had a private diner and it was very neatly planned by management I must thank them for this, it was one of my wife's best romantic diner .last but not least one staff member who was really helpful and great to us was bartender mr wade charlery I must thank him for making me feel like home and yes coconut bay will definitely see us very soon again

Room Tip: keep it on the main floor
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

My son got married here on 4th December and it all went well. The hotel was all we expected and more. As everyone mentions in their reviews, the staff are fantastic! Our room cleaner, Samanthar and the omelette lady, Mary D, brilliant! The tall lady in coconut walk buffet, so nice and friendly, I cannot fault any of the staff we met , they all made our trip special. My granddaughter does not want to leave and we will definitely save up to come back!
So sad to leave such a friendly welcoming resort.
All the staff should be so proud if what a fantastic job they do, as they make the resort what it is.
Some of our family stayed in a 5* resort but came you coconut bay for the wedding and stayed overnight. They realised they had made a mistake by not staying here with us, they loved it!
We will be back next year as it was best holiday we have had! X

Stayed December 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

This lovely resort is in the south of St. Lucia, just a minutes drive from the airport. On arrival we were greeted with a glass of champagne, the lobby area is very big and welcomimng. The reception staff made us feel welcome. We booked out holiday through Virgin Holidays, we were there for 2 weeks, 23 of us in our party and we had 2 weddings and several birthdays.
I can't fault anything about the place, large spacious and comfy clean rooms, the ameneties in the room wewre ample, they even provide hair conditioner.
We stayed in the harmony side (adult only) which was right opposite the adult pool and pool bar. The bar staff got to know us very well and they were great.
The Spash side (family's) was close enough for us to be able to easily mingle. This had two lovely large pools and pool bars with water features such as water falls etc. Then there was the lazy river, wow this was my favouirte, just relaxing in a giant ring, floating around with a cocktail in my hand. Then ther was the water slides, very popular with the kids.
The evening entertainmant was good and sometimes, fun, with live reggae music, Jazz and Kareoke.
We were on an all inclusive holiday and there was a good selection of drinks and amazing cocktails.
The Restaurant served a very large selection of food, there really was something for everyone. The food was really delicious and some of it cooked while you wait, some was on a buffet. They also had a choice of 3 other restaurant for which you had to book tables, this was excellent service and quisine food. The 2 weddings wewre fabulous, truly days to remember.
I would highy recomend a holiday at this place, and if your getting married here then you certainly won't be dissapointed.
They treat all of their guests like VIP's. Ther is plenty to do on this resort, oh I almost for got to mention the kids club, the kids loved it and it gives the parents a breather and it's part of the holiday package so no extra charges. If I go back to St. Lucia I will definately stay here.
You can go out on organised trips to see the Islend, the prices are very reasonable. The local people were also very friendly.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
11mcfuco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I arrived at coconut bay walking up to my room so tried with my Hand bag an this guy Jervin walks up to me an says you look tried I will help with that bay I was so happy I felt I was at home he took me right to my room on the third floor an he talk about the hotel like that was his job I am deffenatly coming to coconut bay next year year because of jervin he knows how to make guest feel like at home....he put smiles on my face....next year I want to see jervin as a bell man for a guy who works on week ends he knows how to do it..... keep on trying jervin you rock

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Best wknd I've had in yrs. Special shout out to Skeete, Kay, Dahlia, & Dwayne. Those cocktails are the best. The beaches are beautiful. The pools are gorgeous. The staff are courteous and always willing to help. Overall, I would definitely recommend it to my friends and family. Worth every penny

• Stayed November 2013
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

My husband and I just came back from vacation today and overall we had a great time. Very well managed resort and employes are extremely hard working. Not once did I spot any employee just standing around and chatting for the week we were there. The rooms were somewhat outdated but we can tell they are constantly up keeping and painting etc. Mattress is slightly harder than what I'm used to but not uncomfortable. Room is decent size and neat. My only complaint about the room is that walls are very thin. We were in a room that is connected to another room on the left wall but the door can only be opened from the inside. I can hear everything our neighbor were saying as if they are in our room through that door. Then on the right side of the wall where there is no connecting door, although we do hear only muffled conversations we can clearly hear the baby crying in the middle of the night. There goes our restful nights. Food is above average and the buffet is by far the best buffet we've been to in the many Caribbean resorts we've been to in respect to cleanliness, presentation, variety, quality and service. Also love the switch up from indoor to outdoor buffet style twice a week. The gourmet restaurants are great too and best of all no limit on how many nights you can book depending on length of stay as lots of other all inclusive resorts are doing. The water slides and the lazy river on site is a definite plus and so much fun. Family with kids and adults alike would definitely enjoy it. They also have a paintball field on site but unfortunately I didn't get to try it since I'm not a fan of getting shot at but I'm sure it would be fun for others interested in this sport. As for night entertainment it is not much and mostly just band performance at the lobby. I do not mind that since we love hanging out at the lobby where there is free wifi drinking coffee or wine while surfing. But family with kids it would not be fun for them and since smoking is allowed at the lobby, it is not a good place for kids to be around. I do recall some stilt walkers one night but unfortunately didn't stay long to watch but I'm sure the kids were entertained that night. Overall we would definitely recommend this resort to others. Great job and keep up the good work!

- Julie from NY

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view since they all face the pool and ocean so it doesn't matter which si...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!