“Wedding/holiday at coconut bay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa

You added Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   PO Box 246, Beanfield, Vieux Fort, St. Lucia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book Now & Save Up to 45%
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Vieux Fort
london
“Wedding/holiday at coconut bay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

My son got married here on 4th December and it all went well. The hotel was all we expected and more. As everyone mentions in their reviews, the staff are fantastic! Our room cleaner, Samanthar and the omelette lady, Mary D, brilliant! The tall lady in coconut walk buffet, so nice and friendly, I cannot fault any of the staff we met , they all made our trip special. My granddaughter does not want to leave and we will definitely save up to come back!
So sad to leave such a friendly welcoming resort.
All the staff should be so proud if what a fantastic job they do, as they make the resort what it is.
Some of our family stayed in a 5* resort but came you coconut bay for the wedding and stayed overnight. They realised they had made a mistake by not staying here with us, they loved it!
We will be back next year as it was best holiday we have had! X

Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,107)
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

This lovely resort is in the south of St. Lucia, just a minutes drive from the airport. On arrival we were greeted with a glass of champagne, the lobby area is very big and welcomimng. The reception staff made us feel welcome. We booked out holiday through Virgin Holidays, we were there for 2 weeks, 23 of us in our party and we had 2 weddings and several birthdays.
I can't fault anything about the place, large spacious and comfy clean rooms, the ameneties in the room wewre ample, they even provide hair conditioner.
We stayed in the harmony side (adult only) which was right opposite the adult pool and pool bar. The bar staff got to know us very well and they were great.
The Spash side (family's) was close enough for us to be able to easily mingle. This had two lovely large pools and pool bars with water features such as water falls etc. Then there was the lazy river, wow this was my favouirte, just relaxing in a giant ring, floating around with a cocktail in my hand. Then ther was the water slides, very popular with the kids.
The evening entertainmant was good and sometimes, fun, with live reggae music, Jazz and Kareoke.
We were on an all inclusive holiday and there was a good selection of drinks and amazing cocktails.
The Restaurant served a very large selection of food, there really was something for everyone. The food was really delicious and some of it cooked while you wait, some was on a buffet. They also had a choice of 3 other restaurant for which you had to book tables, this was excellent service and quisine food. The 2 weddings wewre fabulous, truly days to remember.
I would highy recomend a holiday at this place, and if your getting married here then you certainly won't be dissapointed.
They treat all of their guests like VIP's. Ther is plenty to do on this resort, oh I almost for got to mention the kids club, the kids loved it and it gives the parents a breather and it's part of the holiday package so no extra charges. If I go back to St. Lucia I will definately stay here.
You can go out on organised trips to see the Islend, the prices are very reasonable. The local people were also very friendly.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
11mcfuco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I arrived at coconut bay walking up to my room so tried with my Hand bag an this guy Jervin walks up to me an says you look tried I will help with that bay I was so happy I felt I was at home he took me right to my room on the third floor an he talk about the hotel like that was his job I am deffenatly coming to coconut bay next year year because of jervin he knows how to make guest feel like at home....he put smiles on my face....next year I want to see jervin as a bell man for a guy who works on week ends he knows how to do it..... keep on trying jervin you rock

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Best wknd I've had in yrs. Special shout out to Skeete, Kay, Dahlia, & Dwayne. Those cocktails are the best. The beaches are beautiful. The pools are gorgeous. The staff are courteous and always willing to help. Overall, I would definitely recommend it to my friends and family. Worth every penny

• Stayed November 2013
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

My husband and I just came back from vacation today and overall we had a great time. Very well managed resort and employes are extremely hard working. Not once did I spot any employee just standing around and chatting for the week we were there. The rooms were somewhat outdated but we can tell they are constantly up keeping and painting etc. Mattress is slightly harder than what I'm used to but not uncomfortable. Room is decent size and neat. My only complaint about the room is that walls are very thin. We were in a room that is connected to another room on the left wall but the door can only be opened from the inside. I can hear everything our neighbor were saying as if they are in our room through that door. Then on the right side of the wall where there is no connecting door, although we do hear only muffled conversations we can clearly hear the baby crying in the middle of the night. There goes our restful nights. Food is above average and the buffet is by far the best buffet we've been to in the many Caribbean resorts we've been to in respect to cleanliness, presentation, variety, quality and service. Also love the switch up from indoor to outdoor buffet style twice a week. The gourmet restaurants are great too and best of all no limit on how many nights you can book depending on length of stay as lots of other all inclusive resorts are doing. The water slides and the lazy river on site is a definite plus and so much fun. Family with kids and adults alike would definitely enjoy it. They also have a paintball field on site but unfortunately I didn't get to try it since I'm not a fan of getting shot at but I'm sure it would be fun for others interested in this sport. As for night entertainment it is not much and mostly just band performance at the lobby. I do not mind that since we love hanging out at the lobby where there is free wifi drinking coffee or wine while surfing. But family with kids it would not be fun for them and since smoking is allowed at the lobby, it is not a good place for kids to be around. I do recall some stilt walkers one night but unfortunately didn't stay long to watch but I'm sure the kids were entertained that night. Overall we would definitely recommend this resort to others. Great job and keep up the good work!

- Julie from NY

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view since they all face the pool and ocean so it doesn't matter which si...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We had an excellent 2 week honeymoon. The resort is nice and close to the airport. The staff was very friendly and helpfull. Very beautiful resort. Clean and well maintained. We would like to give a special thanks to Wade and Jade Charlery, Small J, Jimmy and Donna for their excellent service at the bar. The spa was excellent. We also enjoyed the lazy river and the waterslides. The buffet and the restraunts were great. We would definitly go back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
methuen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I used TA to plan my vacation and I hope this review helps others.

About us - Mom, dad, 2 girls 10 and 8. From Massachusetts, USA.

When - Stayed for a week November 7 - 15.

Located less than 5 min from the airport. Can not say enough about this, once you get through customs you can be in you room within the half hour. Staying anywhere else on the island will add hours of travel time to your trip.

Staff was great! We were greeted with a smile and a warm remark from every staff member we met. My wife wanted to bring Vernon home after one yoga class.

Food was delicious. Buffet served B, L and D. Two table service restaurants served dinner, Calabash was our favorite. Poolside grill had decent pub food. The specialty dinning events were great fun, seating for guests was out by the splash pool with serving stations on the lawn.

Our room on the Splash side was 415. Two doubles and a pullout single. Plenty off room for parents+2. This was one of the renovated rooms and It was quite lovely and very clean. The sliders opened onto a small balcony with a beautiful view of the pools and ocean beyond.

Although not crystal clear, the pools were, by far, the favorite place for our girls. They loved going from pool to slide to pool and back again. They particularly liked the tiny side pool near the lazy river. The slide gave them a thrill and they shot video of themselves going down over and over and over.

Being on the Atlantic side of the island the winds are constant and for us, welcome. They kept the temps and humidity at bay. At night we would turn the AC off and let the breeze and the sound of the ocean put us to sleep.

We had read before going that the ocean, at this local, could be choppy and it certainly was. This is not a placid snorkeling beach. It is more suited for water sports and frolicking. We are used to summering at the beaches in New England so a little chop and wind was fine compared to, the pounding surf at home.

The only, and I do mean only, bummer during our trip was the dreaded Purple flag flying over the sand when we arrived. For those who don't know ( and we were one of them ) it means dangerous sea life and swimming is discouraged. For the first time in memory ( according to the staff we spoke to ) jelly fish were in the waters off shore. So for the first 2 and a half days we did not go in the water above our ankles.

Each day we would run over to the flag pole to see what color was flying. We were so excited when on the third day the green flag was up! We rushed through breakfast and went running into the warm water as soon as we were done. Ten minutes later my wife got stung on the leg. Not too bad, like a bee sting, except it last about 6 hours. Needless to say the purple flag went back up.

Despite that unfortunate incident we had a really good time. Coconut Bay will provide you and your family with wonderful memories, it did for us.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!