My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at Coconut Bay Resort even though we are usually 5 star travellers. This is not a luxury resort but it was good value for what we paid and we kept our expectations in check. The food was good, staff really friendly and always willing to help. The different pools were nice so you could enjoy playing with the kids in one but enjoy some quiet time in the adult pool. The beach was lovely but the turtle grass wasn't great for swimming. We walked 15 minutes to a local beach just down the road which had the crystal clear water, white sand, no turtle grass and a really good restaurant called the Reefs. There were lots of activities (tennis, gym, kayaks, beach and pool volleyball, slides, lazy river, spa etc.) and nightly entertainment. We were never bored unless we wanted some down time.
We stayed in the Harmony section in an updated room with ocean views from the 4th floor. We found it to be quiet, clean and comfortable with good service provided by our room attendant Shirley. Our friends with children stayed in the Splash section of the resort but their rooms were not yet updated. All the rooms face the ocean but your floor will dictate your view.
The resort although 90% full did not feel busy and we only had to wait in line at the pool restaurant during lunch. We did book reservations at all the restaurants and found Calabash (Creole fusion) to be our favourite. The shrimp appetizer, crab cakes and both soups were very good. The tenderloin and fish were very good and the service was excellent. The Asian and Italian restaurants were not as good but some of our party did have a good meal. The pork at the Italian restaurant was good and the tomato basil soup was outstanding. The service provided by the staff (Yvonne at Silk) was always outstanding. At the Italian restaurant the staff even moved our table to the patio so we could enjoy the breeze. A new chef just started when we were there so I would expect there will be some changes.
There were lots of entertainment options with nightly shows and activities. Being part of a group we enjoyed dancing the night away in the night club, playing pool and partaking in the local rum (drinks are not watered down). Our friends with kids found the kids club to be great and the kids loved the freedom to play and all the activities provided. They provided each child with a photo album of pictures from their time spent at the club. We took the kids horseback riding on the beach with a local, enjoyed a day touring the sulfur springs, snorkeling at Anse Chastanet and went on the sunset cruise. Overall a really fun and relaxing stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 85 acres, Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa offers two worlds in one prominent oceanfront setting along St. Lucia's exotic south coast. Located closest to the international airport and the island's most exciting attractions, this all-inclusive resort features: 250 air-conditioned rooms, 4 restaurants, 6 bars, 5 pools, 1 mile of beach, complete fitness centre, oceanfront spa, the island's largest waterpark, supervised Kidz Klub, paintball, kitesurfing, daily activities, nightly entertainment and much more! Designed to please all ages, this casually Caribbean, incredibly all-inclusive retreat is perfect for singles, families, couples, weddings or honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Bay Resort St Lucia
- Coconut St Lucia
- St Lucia Coconut Bay Resort
- Coconut Bay Resort All Inclusive
- Spa Coconut Bay
- Resort Coconut Bay
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Resort Spa St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa St. Lucia/Vieux Fort