Beautiful smooth flight with British Airways, collected from the Airport and driven to the hotel, where a wonderful steel band and rum punch awaited us. Reception was lovely, very quick and smooth transition. Porter took our bags to the room. The room was pleasant, looking a little tired, as were all of the facilities, but they are closing down in Sept for a month for major renovations, and, I have to say, did not detract from the place at all.
Entertainment was a bit hit and miss especially the Country singer, it was a bit wierd hearing Glenn Campbell coming from a balck man in a white suit !!! That is not racisist in ANY way, his voice was not that great. However the dancing was top notch !.
Mum and I took part in the Aquarobics in the mornings and my god he was brilliant, nearly killed us mind !. We also had a couple of crazy games of volleyball.
We went on the Island day trip that the rep sold us, it was expensive at $160, but, worth every penny, we went on a coach around the island,, had a fantastic sail on a catamaran, had lunch on baord and drinks, went up the volcano and around the tropical gardens. Then we went to a Plantation House and met two lovely women and had afternoon tea.
The food was superb and the staff were amazing. Especially Fenton and Saskia on reception the young pregnant girl in the gift shop (sorry forgotten her name).
The Lazy river was a blast, a bit shabby but as in everything is getting refurbished.
The only thing that spoilt it for me is the two dogs on the property, one is a sandy coloured one that lives on the beach and the other lives with the donkeys, they get some care from the staff, but do need keeping an eye out for, and I hate the fact that the donkeys are tied to trees and cannot wander free. They need to fence the area so tourists can still interact but they can be free. Mr Charles, (The Security Chief) was absolutely brilliant when I did my typical British Tourist act and cried about the dogs, he has promised to look out for them. They are both the most loveable and friendly creatures you could wish to meet. so. if you are feeling kind, take some food and fresh water out to them and some carrotts for the donkeys.
All in all I will definately go back next year and cannot praise the staff enough for making us so welcome and for looking after us so well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 85 acres, Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa offers two worlds in one prominent oceanfront setting along St. Lucia's exotic south coast. Located closest to the international airport and the island's most exciting attractions, this all-inclusive resort features: 250 air-conditioned rooms, 4 restaurants, 6 bars, 5 pools, 1 mile of beach, complete fitness centre, oceanfront spa, the island's largest waterpark, supervised Kidz Klub, paintball, kitesurfing, daily activities, nightly entertainment and much more! Designed to please all ages, this casually Caribbean, incredibly all-inclusive retreat is perfect for singles, families, couples, weddings or honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, BookIt.com and Regatta Hotels so you can book your Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Bay Resort St Lucia
- Coconut St Lucia
- St Lucia Coconut Bay Resort
- Coconut Bay Resort All Inclusive
- Spa Coconut Bay
- Resort Coconut Bay
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Resort Spa St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa St. Lucia/Vieux Fort