“A dream come true” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa

You added Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   PO Box 246, Beanfield, Vieux Fort, St. Lucia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save Up to 50% on Winter!
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Vieux Fort
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“A dream come true”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

No words can express how wonderful our holiday/ wedding was at coconut bay.. It was truly a dream. The staff became your friend. The food was amazing and the rooms were so clean you could do your makeup on the floor as a mirror . By far the best holiday I have ever been to. The airport is just round the corner. Any excursions you wanted to go on we're made easy to organise . Infact effortless as the hotel sorts everything out tailored for your needs. A special thanks to junious Ralph the bar man who kept us in hysterics of laughter the whole holiday.... The only downfall was my husband got far more compliments on our wedding day ... The pink Mohawk may of played a big part in that. I really recommend this resort .WE WILL BE BACK!!!!

Room Tip: Top floor duluxe harmony suite..... Gorgeous view to beach
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (975)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Coconut Bay is a decent hotel, let down by generally poor customer service. Facilities are pretty good, and my three year old son absolutely loved the pool. The poolside grill is perfect for little ones, making the likes of chicken nuggets and hamburgers to order. The food in the restaurants was also very good. The buffet served a wide selection of food catering for all tastes, with everything from the bakery - from the amazing bread to out of this world cookies - baked by Jennie simply divine. The specialist restaurants were also nice, particularly the Asian restaurant.

As many people have said, the rooms are dated, but they're ok and there is a decent selection of foreign channels on the TV. The evening entertainment was poor, but we went in early May when it was it was fairly quiet so this may improve when it gets busier. The waterslides are fantastic. There are two of them, along with a lazy river, and my son didn't want to get off them once he was brave enough to try them. They are well run by the staff on duty, who are fun and much more polite than the general attitude of staff in the hotel.

What really lets the hotel down is the generally poor standard of customer service. Staff don't go out of their way to help you and many see you as an inconvenience. One example was when we went for dinner at the Italian restaurant. When we asked for drinks twice from our waitress (Veronique or a similar name) and they didn't arrive we started going and getting our own drinks from the sports bar. She didn't bat an eyelid and went back to talking to another waitress while we waited 10 minutes to get served at the bar. This was no isolated incident. There are some great people working at the hotel. The likes of Marz, Gibbs and Dean John are amazing and should be given larger roles, while Stella left a lovely note each day after she cleaned the room. But they are let down but the rest of the staff. In the evenings it could take a long time to get served at the bar, while it lacks little touches such as room service, waiter service at poolside etc.

As I said, it's not a bad hotel. But we've stayed at the Moon Palace in Cancun and Majestic Elegance in Dominican Republic the last two years, and if you have little ones and are planning to stay on site for your whole holiday then they're a thousand times better than the Coconut Bay.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Trinidad and Tobago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My family and I just returned from a 1 week stay at Coconut Bay and we had a great time with the tan to prove it!

The room was a Splash Premium which was renovated, so our fridge was always stocked with drinks and our housekeeper Giselle was really accommodating with any of our requests. My hubby and I slept on the king bed and our daughters slept on the trundle twin beds…perfect set-up! On our last night the ceiling by the bathroom door was leaking but the matter was quickly resolved by the front desk/maintenance team! I did see some ants in the room but being from the Caribbean, it wasn’t a big deal. We always utilized the in-room safe for our gadgets and money and stuff.

The constant breeze off of the Atlantic Ocean was truly refreshing and kept you cool even when in direct sunlight. We took the opportunity to swim in the beach outside the hotel a couple of times and despite the seaweed (not too much), it was warm and lovely! The pool is generally cold until at least midday because of these breezes but that didn’t hinder our fun at all. The resort was very relaxing, even the very lazy river...I actually fell asleep until the waterfall woke me up!

With several options for dining, we didn't get bored of the offerings. The menus were generally American/European with some Caribbean influences here and there. The cheeseburgers at the Beach Grille which were served on homemade burger buns were delicious! I loved the omelet station for breakfast. We even tried the Calabash gourmet restaurant on property and the service was prompt, very friendly and the food was scrumptious. Drinks were always easily available and totally delicious! One bartender even made me what he called a "Painkiller" and I had more than a few of them...definitely took any pain away ;-)

On Friday night, there was a family movie night on the lawn by the pool with a huge blanket and pillows laid out…a really neat idea. We opted instead to listen to the saxophonist in the lobby…EXCELLENT!!!!!!

Cocoland is a MUST if you have kids...give yourself at least a half-day of total adult alone time and relaxation - you'll be glad you did! The ladies there are professionals and love children - it truly shows. And don't worry about what it says on the website...you CAN leave babies/toddlers in diapers and they will take great care of them. My daughter was glad when she arrived to see the different toys and activities than she barley noticed when we left her!

I would like to recommend though somewhere in the lobby, a little 24 hour buffet be set-up with pre-wrapped light sweet breads, muffins, croissants, deli meats sandwiches to complement the all-day coffee/tea station that already exists. A couple of snack vending machines would have been nice as well.

Generally, the overall service was superb, the food tasty and plentiful, the rooms clean, comfortable and spacious enough, lots of drink options…Coconut Bay is a great choice for families with children, particularly the 3-9 year old group.

Room Tip: Splash Premium is comfy and upgraded. Fridge always stocked with water, sodas and Piton Lager beer...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I am currently staying at the Coconut bay resort and I would never waste my money on a flight to St. Lucia to stay here. Our room is not updated just new sheets and a sofa and cheap facelift!!! The water is terrible nothing but seaweed!!! Ohhh DO NOT WEAR SHORTS!!! You cannot go into any of the specialities restaurant!!! Who want to dress up on vacation? Oh and the bar and grill is just grease and the buffet is not good!!! I cannot wait to leave Monday!!! If you cannot rescue me from my nightmare then don't book this place!!!

• Stayed May 2013
Mark H, General Manager at Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Dear Syd1027. I am deeply sorry you are not enjoying your stay here at Coconut Bay. Our Team prides itself on providing an excellent value concious holiday. I sincerely hope you will approach me while you are still here so that I may address your concerns, I am sure that we can turn your stay around. My office is located just behind the front desk and as the below review mentions I am here day and night everyday so that I may ensure all of our guests stay is fantastic.
I am surprised we haven't met if you are that disappointed in the hotel.
Plese do look me up and let me see what I can do for you

Cheers
Hatfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed here as a mature couple in our 50's from 9th to 23rd May 2013. We really enjoyed our stay at C Bay as the locals refer to it as. Staff all go out of their way to try and help you always a hello with a friendly smile. the resort is clean and tidy the Grounds beatification team see to this working tirelessly to keep the grounds maintained and battling to keep the beach seaweed at bay by cleaning the beach with a tractor and beach cleaning machine and the parts the machine cannot reach two guys with rakes pull into the tractors path. Food was excellent and the guys in the restaurants are always cleaning and bringing you drinks. The bar staff are all friendly and the dirty banana cocktails are lovely. Various people we spoke to with children said how good the children were catered for. People who got married there all seemed very happy with the service they received so our perception was of an all round good complex. Yes some areas seem dated but I am told the complex is closing in September for 4 weeks for a refurbishment so hopefully these issues will be dealt with. Although we had no reason to seek him out the General Manager Mark Hawkins was always walking around the site and was always approachable and addressing any queries that cropped up. I don't know what his days off are as I am sure he was in on duty every day we were there.

Room Tip: The complex is split in two sides with the main complex building in the middle. Harmony for couples...
Birmingham, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Overall we had a great experience at Coconut Bay. For the Caribbean we were extremely lucky with the weather, only had about 10 minutes of rain for the whole 12 days. All the staff are very friendly and most helpful, if you visit the adult pool bar you will not forget Junius, once met never forgotten. Rooms are pleasant, although we did have a musty aroma for the first couple of days, but soon dispersed. Tip the room made and your fridge will be topped up daily with beer, water and fizzy drinks, plus you'll get flowers and towel art on the bed, most amusing.Bars are all stocked with good quality branded spirits and beers, not local spirits, and French champagne is also available, and I must admit I have tasted much worse. We found the food to be palatable, maybe a little repetitive, but we liked most of the food on offer, suckling pig at the out door BBQ was great. Ok the place could do with a lick of paint here and there and the pools need a make over, but the manager Mark seems to be getting on top of things, and it didn't spoil our holiday. The managers cocktail party was a nice change, meet and greet all the heads of department etc, and there are quite a few, plus some great prizes are given away in the room number raffle. Must say a special thank you to Juliane for the champagne and flowers in our room for our anniversary, nice touch. We walked in to Vieux Fort on a couple of occasions and never felt threatened at all, everyone was so friendly. The walk to the local quarry, organised by the hotel is worth it, great views from the top and it is not to strenuous. Do the Zip wiring, we did it at Dennery and both loved it. Jeep safari is also a good way to see the Pitons and have a volcanic mud bath. And last of all do sample the dirty bananas's !!

Cheshunt, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Returned from coconut bay resort two weeks ago and had the best holiday ever. I always say the most important thing about an all inclusive holiday is that the staff, food and drink are good and that’s exactly what you get at coconut bay.

You may find other hotels with better bedrooms and bathroom but how much time do you actually spend in them when you’re on a Caribbean island?

Final point I wanted to make is they do have the best bar man on the island in Julius. He is situated at the adult pool between 11am and 7pm and the guy is worth his weight in gold. Great banter with the holiday makers and his cocktails are the best. JUSTIN BEIBER WILL BE RETURNING

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JAyD, Thanks so much for the review. I know Junias and the rest of the team will be thrilled to hear your praise. They work so hard to ensure a great time for all...Congratulations again on your wedding and I am glad Coconut Bay was your choice as a Honeymoon Destination. Our Harmony Adults only side is perfect for that romantic getaway.
You will be happy to know that all of our rooms are currently under renovation and will be complete before years end. We look forward to hosting you on your one year anniversary.

Cheers!

Been to Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!