“Simply Paradise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa

You added Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   PO Box 246, Beanfield, Vieux Fort, St. Lucia   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
New Wedding Package
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Vieux Fort
New York
“Simply Paradise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I totally enjoyed my time spent at CBay. I literally walked out of my bedroom and was footsteps away from the pristine waters of the Atlantic Ocean. The hotel saff was very courteous, attentive and treated us like royalty day in and day out. I loved the swim up bar and the awesome drinks in which our bartender "Da Joker" made us at night. I highly recommend the "Pink Panther" drink. All inclusive is the way to go in St. Lucia bcuz it is a total cost savings from having to purchase the local foods. I did the Island retreat package at the spa and it was total bliss. Would love it if the pools stayed open a bit later as they close at 5pm but otherwise, CBay was totally awesome.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,144)
Kent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Hard to know where to start as this resort and destination offer so much. I guess the arrival to departure should do it...
On arrival we were welcomed Caribbean style with music, a warm reception from the staff and a rum punch served happily by Ken. He was always jolly and helpful throughout the holiday too. Thanks Ken, loving the white shoes and big smile :-)
Greeted by another lovely smile from the amazing with a capital A - Mia, she advised us the guest services manager Greg would be checking us in as we had a guided tour of the resort with her. This was excellent, above and beyond expectation on arrival. Greg was very helpful and ensured a smooth check in for us, again thanks Greg hope married life is treating you well.
Mia was happy, smiling and always willing to help above and beyond, nothing was too much trouble so a big thanks to Mia, go girlfriend you will be awesome with the weddings and anything else you choose to pursue xx

The various bars have every drink and any cocktail you can think of plus many specials from the bar tenders, out of this world...defo try an island vibration, dirty banana, bbc and the classic rum punch. I read a review saying the alcohol tasted watered down, I don't know where they were drinking as all bars were serving fresh from the liquor bottle and tasted 100% to me. Couple of cocktails I was floating around the pool bar ha ha. Another great attraction for this resort is the pool bar, I saw people commenting that its odd to be in the family pool, but surely that's the idea so families can also enjoy this feature rather than excluding them which would cause negative vibes, sometimes you just can't win eh!

I think the whole resort is set out very well, there are the 2 areas harmony adults only and the family side. Doesnt feel segregated as such which I liked, you feel included in everything if you want to join in not just feel limited to sit on the adult side. Saying that the adult side is peaceful and fab. The sun tracker beds make the ideal heavenly place to sunbath with picturesque views of the Maria Islands and thenAtlantic a stones throw away. Pure heaven. The adult bar is hilarious with Junias and Honey merrily singing away and making the guests laugh, service with a big big smile. Well done guys, keep,doing your thang xx.

The pools, water rides and lazy river make this a perfect destination for all ages. My partner and I are 35 and we were on these daily. A real nice touch not having to go off resort to find a water park. Well done Javid and the pool team for keeping the pools and areas so clean. The towel hut is a great idea, always fresh towels and can change them throughout the day if wet no questions asked. Amazing service.

Invited to the managers cocktail party, all managers are friendly and approachable. The new manager Mark Hawken came over personally to say hi and enjoy our stay which is rare and was much appreciated. (Also need to mention all staff always remember your name and whenever see you will make sure they go out of their way to say hello, ask how your days been etc.)
Mark has made some great changes to the resort and will be renovating in Sept, so all the negative reviews of dated decor etc have been taken on board. It's great to see this resort care and do listen, so any problems should be expressed so the management can help at that point rather than come home and write an untrue account of events on here just because you prefer a 5 star sandals resort. My advise is this is not advertised as a 5 star, you get what you pay for and if you wanted that for your honeymoon then maybe you should have booked that rather than coconut bay. This is a top hotel with excellent staff and management. They are defo heading in the direction of 4/5 star in my view and deserve nothing but merit.
Back to the cocktail party, its worth going to as your room number is put into a raffle and great prizes are won. We won a back massage in the spa for 2. Was really lovely and needed...thanks Mark and the manager of the spa who was always so friendly (sorry forgot your name damn it).

The rooms were spacious, had all the usual amenities and cleaned daily. The bed linen was super soft, good quality ensured always had a good nights sleep. Top banana. We were on the ground and our outside view was of the adult side garden with a hammock right outside our patio, perfect and romantic. These are also dotted all around the resort to relax in. Nice touch.

Another great touch is the Aloe Vera garden located near the spa, perfect for sunburn and was used so can advise it does work. With 30 degrees each day I defo need factor 50 next year.

The dining is amazing with plenty to choose from. The main restaurant/buffet is managed by Chris who we call Mr smiles as he is the sweetest helpful man and does a great job, always working so hard. The food is of a high standard and the service received is also. Petula and Sherlanda made our day with their smiles and happiness showing us to our tables daily. You do a great job girls, thanks for being so lovely xx
We dined in the Italian Capri, was first class. Gorgeous food and the standard was that of top London restaurants and I have dined in a fair few. Silk the thai/chinese has been renovated and is beautiful, never seen such big wine glasses. Again the food was delightful, big portions and really worth visiting.
We heard great reviews of Kalabash but didn't get to dine as we were were enjoying the buffet too much and forgot to book it oops. One to do next time so all is not lost.
We also were treated to a complimentary 'dine under the stars' on the pool deck one evening. White gloved waiters served a 4 course meal by candle light with soft music playing. This was one of my favourite moments ever. Thank,you for making this possible. We will always remember that romantic evening.
The beach grill is amazing, open early until late (1am I think) which is great when you fancy that late night burger after a few drinks. Stanney was always smiling and working hard replenishing. He is a sweet guy, defo go say hello. Serving up hot dogs, pizza, burgers, chicken wings, salad all day long. I loved this. Excellent service again by the staff, they looked so hot but again always smiling tossing those hot burgers. Well done, see you next year xx

The resort has a lovely beach, although it does have some seaweed the staff are out bright and early clearing it off the beach with a tractor rake. This place never ceases to amaze me, they think of everything. I didn't see it as a massive issue but would like to mention just off resort 10 mins to the left and there is a beach the locals use called The Reef, this has stunning views of the Maria Islands and crystal clear water for swimming so worth a visit if the seaweed does bother you. Also has bars, eateries so a nice day out to try. Also where the local dogs hang out, all very friendly so nothing to worry about they don't bother you.

Entertainment throughout the day and night. Varied singers, bands, shows, steel pans, Caribbean night outside BBQ. Blu bar has karaoke weekly and the Upstairs club peter lounge has adult only karaoke Sat and is nice and air conditioned, so brilliant when hot after a day sunbathing and drinking too many cocktails. Great sound and has an outside terrace where you can chill and see the stars. There's always something going on and it's nice to hear/see the local people performing rather than tribute acts of Abba etc.

This is a beautiful place for weddings, a dedicated team look after you. The setting is serene and blissful. We met many couples who married in our week away, American, Canadian and British all were blown away by the hospitality service and staff. I would gladly recommend it, looks like an amazing day.

The resort grounds are very clean and tidy, an insect repellant is sprayed in the resort nightly to keep the pests at bay. The cleaners are all very charming and work so hard until late as do all the staff from front of house to stock controllers. I never witnessed one miserable member of staff, all really helpful and their happiness and laid back approach is infectious. Really makes a difference when you are on holiday, they make you enjoy it and feel special which is why a lot of people return to this resort rather than others in St Lucia we were advised and would agree totally. The little things make this resort stand out, first class in more ways than one.

Market days are Tues and Sat, stalls set up in resort so you can purchase gifts for family and friends. Reasonable prices and great memorabilia. Not like the lucky lucky watch men hassling you in the canaries which is nice. So chilled and laid back here, makes you de stress and appreciate life and how happy these people are, enjoying their work and not moaning like most of us do.

The lounge area has free wifi and so many seats its never packed. Nice place to get some shade from the heat and enjoy a drink. Free pc you can use and has a printer for online check in. Bonus.

This was my favourite holiday to date and I will be returning without a doubt. The place has a happy helpful vibe morning, noon and night. Staff are exceptional and dedicated. Mark is a great manager and is making this place even better if that's possible. Families and couples will love it here. I genuinely think the odd bad review can be ignored as this place deserves to be number 1.

Dont delay, Book up today. You will not regret it.

See you next year Coconut bay team,
Have a super season and hope the renovation goes well in September.

Nicola & Nicola xx

Room Tip: Ground floor have garden views, higher have ocean views. Both amazing
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark H, General Manager at Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Dear NicolaS
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your return stay to Coconut Bay. Its returning guests like yourself that really instill pride into the team. It proves their hardwork pays off. We are thrilled you enjoyed yourself and look forward to hopefully seeing you again. We know you are going to love the continued improvements and beautification of our Coconut Bay!

Cheers
Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We visited CBay in December last year and liked it so much we came back. Stayed 25th April to 10th May 2013
Firstly, I have to comment on the negative review from another reviewer who compared this to Sandals! If you want to pay the extra thousands per couple and stay there....go ahead. Lets compare apples with apples eh!
CBay is a great resort for couples or families. Having spoken to numerous guests during our stays, both types of guests are catered for superbly. Yes some of the rooms are a bit dated but they are big, clean and all have great views. We stayed in the Splash side for 1 week and the Harmony for the second week. I have to say the junior suites on the 4th floor are very nice and have already been refurbed. The hotel will be closed for 2 months in August this year for a complete refurb of the remaining rooms so I look forward to seeing the finished result.
I had the opportunity to speak to the CEO and he has great plans for the resort. They are constantly looking for ways to improve the experience of a stay at CBay.

Head up the beach a few hundred yards to do a bit of kite or wind surfing with Pedro,Bruno and Luis. 3 Portuguese guys who run the watersports for the resort. A great trio of guys who are very professional and have a great attitude towards the guests.

The staff and the food make his the best all inclusive we have been to.
I have to mention to a few members of staff who made our stay that little bit extra special.
Sevee and Stanney at the pool grill who always had time to stop and ask how our day was going.
Petula in the restaurant who remembered us from our previous visit
Junias,Mitch, Skeete Jimmy, best bartenders anywhere
Vernon and Anson who kept my wife busy with pool aerobics every day but also took time out to see how we were enjoying our holiday at every opportunity.
And Mark Adams, get some practice for a rematch!!

This resort may not be for everyone but I have yet to see the resort that is! All I can say is that it will more than please the majority of visitors for all it has to offer. The testament to this is the amount of returning guests per year. Treat the negative reviews with caution. Some folk you just cannot please or expect too much for what they pay. Be realistic in your expectations and you will have a ball. We are heading back in January, see you there.

Room Tip: Anything above ground level is good.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort-de-France, Martinique
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

The ambiance is just so romantic, with soft music playing in the background and the staff ready to serve, with a choice of deciding the menu along with a bottle of champagne; along with a red rose for your partner. great place to be to impress your partner.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the ocean it is great, the sound of the waves is can have you relaxing.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

The staff are highly trained, I am very impress, a smile of their faces, always ready to help, they made us feel special home from home. No complaints.
We are planning our holiday for next year and it will be at coconut bay and not at smugglers cove.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband and I and three kids just returned from cbay. We were very impressed with the service and the food. The staff at the kids club (Sarah, Eulia, Nasha, Mia and Ania) were phenomenal. They were very thoughtful and organized a fabulous birthday party for my daughter who turned four during the trip. Thanks for a great, fun and relaxing vacation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Having read all the negative reviews before we came I was apprehensive about arriving here! We arrived on Sunday and I'm sitting in the bar to write this with a nice cold beer! Yes the hotel is a little tired and slightly dated but it's clean, pools are clean there is plenty of room to be in the thick of it all or away in a quiet spot on your own. So far we have had a lovely selection of food and cocktails, the staff are all extremely friendly including the reception staff. We are only 2 days into our holiday but so far so good! Beds are very comfortable and shower is good with plenty of hot water! I will review again at the end of the holiday!

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!