“beautiful scenery!! and caring staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa

You added Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   PO Box 246, Beanfield, Vieux Fort, St. Lucia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 55% this Fall!
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Vieux Fort
Bishop's Stortford, United Kingdom
“beautiful scenery!! and caring staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

really kind and caring staff here in this resort.Lots of places you can go and hide and enjoy the beautiful caribbean sun and the bright skies.It does rain mind you,and when it does it sure does.Always fresh coffee and tea etc in the lobby,some days the locals etc come and sell lots of goodies etc in the lobby area,u can grab some g8 bargains here.never a dull moment.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,214)
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Coconut Bay Resort is located on the Atlantic Ocean side of the Island and conveniently located within 5 minutes of the Hewanorra International Airport. The resort provides free shuttle service as well. The Staff are what makes this Resort --- they are wonderful!!!! The Resort itself is slightly outdated but clean and offers and adult side (Harmony) as well as a family friendly side. The Resort was sold out when I was there (April 13-20) but you would not have even known this. There were no lines or problems with food or beverage service. The bar offers Absolute, Dewars, Stoli etc. at no additional cost! The views and warm breeze from the Atlantic are amazing and endless. Sherlisa served us champagne & orange each morning at the breakfast buffet with her warm and friendly smile and conversation. Dahlia, Morgan and Skeete were great bartenders and a lot of fun. The guests at this Resort were mostly Americans and British and there were a lot of families. This is a very relaxing and quiet Resort. The evening entertainment at this Resort is definitely below par and needs improvement not to mention all but for one day was there music near the swim up bar/pool area. The lazy river was warm and relaxing and the 2 water slides were a nice feature. The beach is constantly groomed and the water in the ocean was warm and wonderful. My spouse had a message outdoors and said it was awesome! I had a pedicure with Shikara which was also excellent. My only comment would be they need to clean the molding in the Spa as for a $69 pedicure I don't want to see dirt which there was (I was a 9 am appointment). My last comment would be about the housekeeping our rooms were not cleaned until very late in the day which I thought was odd and in fact one day when I came back to the room at 4:15 from the pool the maid still had not cleaned the room so, I called for towels which showed up at 5 pm - this is not acceptable and need improvement.

Room Tip: If you have no children choose a room in Harmony the adult section. I was on the first floor with a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Mark H, General Manager at Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear MRsEvil2; thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Coconut Bay and we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. We truly appreciate your comments regarding our award winning staff. They are the heart and soul of Coconut Bay and will be grateful for the shout out!
Your comments regarding the late room cleaning and your towel situation are appreciated as they allow us to continue to improve upon all aspects of our service.

Thanks again
Cheers!
Mark
Ashford, Kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

First time here and certainly not the last. We were a family of 4 with 16 year old son, 13 year old daughter and we all loved everything about the resort. Food in all restaurants was lovely even with all inclusive the upper class restaurants were still included, no supplement to pay. Calabash was divine, not a lot of food but rich and superb. Capri was equally as good for Italian food and great service in both. The buffet offered so much variety we were never bored with same food over again. Pools are to die for, cleaned every day and so big plenty of room but never overcrowded. We liked the swim up bar, nice touch to sip on a cocktail whilst sitting at a bar stool immersed in water, in the sun or shade. Resort right on the beach which is cleaned of seaweed every morning, nice stroll along the beach in either direction was very pleasant. Lovely sea breeze all time which was greatly appreciated. We were there for 2 weeks over Easter period a great time to go. We used the gym daily. I did exercise classes daily with Vernon, including Aqua Aerobics, Pilates and Body Conditioning, Vernon has to be the nicest guy we have come across in a long time, very warm and friendly, with a huge amount of knowledge regarding fitness. No surprise he was employee of the month for Feb and March, we miss him so much, a huge personality and great character. We will be back Vernon, promise you that. The lobby area all open plan with live music in the evenings was lovely, kids had pool tables and table tennis to keep them amused, they also made some superb friends there. We did a few trips out to view the island, Whale and Dolphin watching tour the best, also Land and Sea was excellent included drive in Volcano, quite something. Some mention of rude staff, some can be a little abrupt but probably their way, not intentional, overall most went out of their way to help and were extremely friendly. Rooms are basic but spacious, clean, and comfy beds? All in all a magical holiday with some quality memories to last us all a lifetime. Would recommend this resort to anyone. Loved St Lucia, beautiful place.

Room Tip: 3rd/4th floor rooms great views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
stamford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Pretty nice place, especially for my 8 year old son, who absolutely loved the Kidz Club. Food good, access to beach, hotel amenities fine. However, some of the hotel staff can be rude, though most were pleasant. Be very careful with valuables in room, as I found out. You must use safe, as I painfully discovered. I reported the incident, and was most displeased with the handling thereof.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear 184Michael.
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I am happy you did enjoy your time with us. We do provide the convenience of a safe in every room for the safe keeping of valuables. I am extremely comfortable in saying that we have the most caring and professional staff who daily turn in items lost or misplaced by guests throughout the resort. Your particular housekeeper has won awards and received rewards from guests for her honesty. I had hoped that along side our security and management team you would have allowed us to search for your ring.
We all hope your ring does turn up and we will certainly contact you if it does

Cheers
Mark
Greenwich, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is the first time we have tried an all inclusive resort and at first we thought we made a mistake in choosing this resort. As mentioned by others the rooms are a little dated, though they are large and actually comfortable. What the rooms lack in decor is more then made-up by the excellent staff, who can't seem to do enough. We tried each of the restaurants and the wait staff is attentative, however there was one server in particular, Janette who was exceptional. Janette has a love and knowledge of food which allows her to explain in detail the dishes. In addition, she has the proper knowledge of food service and she could easily work in any five star restaurant in NYC. While the food itself was only average who goes to the islands for food. The resort is right on the beach with a constant breeze, it is on the Atlantic and not the caribbean ocean. In total we had a great time, the smiles and friendly greeting of every staff member is contagious.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We just returned from our first one week stay at Coconut Bay Resort. The bonus of being in our beautiful freshly decorated hotel room (Harmony Side, Room 449), barely more than 1/2 hour of stepping off the plane, was such an added treat. I can't comment on the Splash Side rooms as I didn't see them.

We found this resort to be very clean and well taken care of. I had read complaints here about the food in the buffet, but I honestly don't know why. I don't eat fish, and I'm pretty picky about what I eat, and I always found a good selection to choose from, and it was different every day. The breads, soups and desserts were excellent (possibly too good!). We ate in the buffet, as well as the Italian Restaurant, and a special Couples Only dinner around the adult pool deck one night. The BBQ night was excellent and so much work must go into setting up all those tables and food outside.

One little thing we really appreciated, was that for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the tables in the buffet restaurant are set with fresh white tablecloths and napkins. Extra work for the staff, but much nicer than paper place mats and napkins. It just adds to the atmosphere.

Also, we usually try to do all inclusive when we travel south, and it was great not to have to wear a silly wrist band, or to sign your name every time you ordered a drink. Just give your room number to the hostess at meal times only.

Without exception, the staff we came in contact with were always smiling, helpful and polite. I especially want to mention a young man named Ken, who I started to call Mr. Coconut Bay, as he seemed to be working every corner of the resort. What a great attitude, and smile he has! My husband said to me that he suspects one day Ken will advance into hotel management.

Also Shirley that cared for our room, did a wonderful job. We never did actually see her, but we've travelled enough to know when a hotel room has been well looked after, and ours certainly was. I constantly drink water, and every day our fridge had bottled water.

The only other name I can recall is Kendall, a gentleman in the buffet restaurant who we spoke to. The staff there, especially the girls who seat you, are so sweet and friendly.

I wish I could remember more names of specific individuals that helped to make our holiday so great, but unfortunately, I can't.

The sun tracker beds on the adult side are EXCELLENT! Also the hammocks are wonderful. I loved them. We don't have children and this side of the resort appealed greatly to us.

I won this vacation, but regardless of that, it was a great one. If I hadn't liked it, I would definitely say so.

I only gave a 4 out of 5 for two reasons. One problem I saw was the lack of shade at the pools, especially around the middle pool where there is 0 shade. You can't take hours of hot sun when you aren't used to it. Reason two, and this is our personal preference, we found that in the afternoon around the adult pool, the noise level from the bar was irritating and we would move.

If you are considering choosing Coconut Bay Resort for your Saint Lucia vacation, rest assured you will be well taken care of. If you want a clean, comfortable resort, you've got it. There are many upgrades that have obviously been made, and it is evident. If you are looking for a high end, upscale resort, this may not be for you. To us, Coconut Bay provided just about everything we wanted in a vacation. I'm sure that we'll be return guests one day.

Thanks to Coconut Bay for this lovely vacation.

Room Tip: We had room 449 on the Harmony (adult) side. Newly decorated, beautiful view of the ocean. Loved i...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Had a good time here.

Mostly suitable for families with kids or mature singles/couples who aren't looking for nightlife.

Room pretty good. TV set was a bit small & old but one doesn't really go to places like this to watch a lot of television.

Food was of a high standard - not loads of different restaurants to choose from but the ones they had were all enjoyable.

Drinks & so on were fine.

Location the best thing about it - it's really a huge bonus to be just on the doorstep of the airport. I've been to superior [and more expensive] resorts on the North of the island that are a dreadful pain to get to on bumpy roads.

Also the water slides & pools very good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
East Winds Inn
East Winds Inn
#1 of 17 in Gros Islet
5.0 of 5 stars 610 reviews

Been to Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!